“Simply fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

A visit to this joint is a must if you're around the area. Very pleasant service with friendly staff. The food was simply amazing too with reasonable price! +the setting is comforting. Highly recommended! We'll be back on next visit to milan.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just ate here with my fiancee since it's close to our hotel. It's a pretty small place but worth going to. Their wine selection is great if you get a bottle but it's not that large if you just plan on getting a glass. The servers speak english and are able to answer any questions you might have. I ordered the Tuna and my fiancee ordered the octopus salad and the shrimp salad. I should add a disclaimer, we try to eat very healthy when possible!

The tun was tasty but it was a small portion and it was lightly fried on the outside and pretty raw in the middle (as it should be). It also came with some fried potatoes. Overall the dish was tasty but rather small and I didn't need everything to be fried, some veggies would have been great! Since I was still hungry I ordered the parmasean steak tartare, something I have never eaten before and was quite nervous about! However, it was quite tasty and once I got over the fact that I was eating raw beef I ate it without a problem.

My fiancees salads (she said) were just ok, but then again you probably don't want to order a salad at a restaurant like this, but that's the price to pay when trying to be healthy!

If you enjoy meat and good Italian food then this place is worth eating at.

1  Thank JacobM8
Reviewed February 28, 2013

One-line summary
A short but superb menu, combined with drink pairings driven by personal experience, make for a warm, inviting little gem! Definitely recommended.

First impression
We walked in and were immediately greeted by Luca, a local Milanian in his late 20s. We unknowingly arrived 10 minutes before opening, but were warmly welcomed to sit and enjoy a glass wine while we waited for the staff to continue preparations. This place is a wine bar with the option for a full meal. There was absolutely no pressure either way.

Decor
The restaurant is small, with only 10-12 tables. The walls are decorated with richly stained wooden shelves, all stocked with a menagerie of wine and rum bottles. The feeling received was one of a warm, friendly, side-corner kitchen where frequent fliers are numerous, but newcomers are just as welcome.

Luca is the sole server for the whole restaurant. Combine the small size with his amazing multitasking abilities, you would think there were three of him running around. Even after the restaurant filled to capacity, we never wanted for anything. All that aside, the highlight of Luca’s service was his wine and beer pairings. When requested, we could immediately tell that Luca was not simply recalling a pre-memorized list. Luca talked us through each recommendation based on the particular wine’s profile combined with his personal thoughts. Each pairing he provided was spot on.

Appetizer
Given the restaurant’s roots as a wine bar, appetizers were limited to a wonderful spread of finger foods on a buffet. All of them were amazing. You could go back for more as many times as you like.

Main Courses
Although only providing five or six items for each of the traditional Italian categories (appetizer, first course, second course), the menu described exquisite meals, just the same. My wife and I had the onion soup, spaghetti with duck and orange, and lamb chop on our first visit. On our second we had the onion soup again, and the risotto. All four meals were simply amazing. Portions were not too small, not too big, just right.

Drinks
As I mentioned earlier, our wine drinking experience was excellent thanks to Luca’s recommendations. We chose to order wine by the glass, which limited us to roughly 15 choices. However, this did not relegate us to second-rate, no-name roughage. If you choose to buy a bottle, you have several dozen options. Also, Luca also has a great knowledge of local beers. Being an amatuer beer aficionado I asked for a recommendation. Once again, I was not disappointed.

Finally, for you rum connoisseurs out there, Decanter has at least 15 different rums to choose from. We did not take advantage of this. But, we did spot the glassed cabinet dedicated to their collection.

Prices
Glasses of wine (4-8 euro)
Appetizer buffet (2 euro)
First course (10-15 euro)
Second course (14-24 euro)

2  Thank katana09
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A few dishes on menu, as in best places, don't let you wonder and choose anything average. Place, by us discovered by chance, is not offering anything but a remarkable wine & spirits choice, not many - but all of them worth trying - dishes, great salad choice and warm and kind staff. Something that makes you feel like a regular local, coming to friend for a dinner (if your friend is a master chef). nothing pretnetious, but simply worth trying and experiencing. Don't forget to try the sweets ... Great value for your money overall.

1  Thank Magit5
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Excellent service, delicious food and a huge variety of wines and rum. When we arrived to the restaurant at 8.15 pm some regulars were enjoying the last minutes of the buffet that is served at daily basis. At 9.30 the restaurant was filled with Italian a la carte dinner guests and the only non-italians were my husband and I. This I like! If locals fill a restaurant it's a good sign!

The pasta (primi) was perfectly al dente and nicely gorgonzola creamy. I chose an aubergine casserole with parmesan cheese and tomato sauce as my main course and my husband chose a veal fillet blue stilton with hash potatoes. Both excellent choices! My husband, who is a devoted meat lover, even appreciated my veggie choice and said that if he didn't know better he would have taken my aubergine casserole for a tasty lasagna.

After this there was no belly space for dessert so we chose an espresso each. Once again Debacer get's an A for a round espresso with nice crema. After this I asked for a grappa of the owner's choice and my hubbie wanted a liquor with anis. Wow once again. This is a place I will surely return to and with a big tip!

2  Thank Capricornmia