“A different evening”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Porta Venezia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We choose this restaurant because we really fancy the idea to have a dinner in an authentic Trattoria. The vibe is what you expect. Easy going, checked tovaglie, big portion of food and at the end of the dinner a bottle of Amaro left on the table to enjoy on the house:)))))))
The food was simple but nice and really abbondanti portion and reasonable price considering the area. Overall it was a very good experience and service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

A very special place to eat in the city. Excellent food from South Italy. I'm from Milan and I often go there with good friends... Spaces are a little small, but you have to experience it!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Good food, good service and nice clima. Bread very good. It is a little tight but ok for a osteria/cantina place. Sudenly arrive the musicians (2) playing italian classics and... better stop talking and enjoy! A coin is wellcome for the fast performance. Go with your family!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I can only hazard a guess as to why this restaurant isn't rated higher - perhaps it's because it's a little off the usual tourist track, maybe it doesn't look trendy enough or maybe the locals are keeping it quiet so that it doesn't get overrun with outsiders. Whatever the reason, it certainly isn't anything to do with the food...
My husband and I were visiting Milan for a very hot weekend in the height of summer. Unable to enjoy the city's sights as much as we wanted due to the scorching weather, we decided to make the most of the city's food offerings, and Da Giannino definitely didn't disappoint!
The food was rustic, tasty and exactly how it should be. The clientele, with the exception of us, was all Italian and the service, although some may consider it a little impersonal, was just as we wanted it to be.
The homemade wine was great and, for the centre of Milan, excellently priced at 10 euros for a litre, but the highlight for me was the homemade mozzarella! It was unlike any I've ever had before - so creamy, tasty and moreish! Yum! I wish we could get it over here!
While we were in the restaurant, a trumpet player and saxophonist came in off the street to play some music. Although they visited the tables after to collect money, they were in no way pushy and the performance really added to our experience.
The interior of the restaurant is typical of how you would expect an Italian restaurant to be - red and white table cloths and traditional pictures etc without seeming like it has been 'themed' for tourists.
I'd highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The atmosphere of a family run business in the center of Milan, great food, great atmosphere, good wines, great value for money. I can hardly wait to return.

1  Thank RaduMBucharest