“good food but bit expensive”
Review of Tara

Tara
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Tara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #720 of 8,388 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2011

the food was good and most importantly the chicken was halal.
the manager was courteous enough to show me the chicken label where it said it was Halal.
But the quantity I felt was a bit low, quality wise every thing was exceptional went there every day food was gr8 cant complain, but you'll pay a bit more considering its in a posh locality and etc

1  Thank M K

Reviewed June 25, 2011

The food was great and the hospitality was even better. The food is exactly how we make at home. There is a wide choice of vegeterian and non vegeterian items. We highly recommend the dal makhni, aloo jeera and panner butter masala. For those who are looking for some tasty indian food, this is the place.
The owner , Mr.Ashwinder is a very warm and helpful person.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Good Indian restaurant with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Excellent tasting menu at 20 € plus drinks. I really liked cheese bread. The restaurant is small so it is best to book. The staff is kind and helpful. Affordable prices. I recommend it!

Reviewed November 26, 2010

Me and my husband live in Como, Italy and first went to Ristorante Tara 6 months ago on a Monday night and was told by the owner, a lovely, friendly man named Ash that it was the main chefs day off, we stayed anyway as the wonderful curry smell was too tempting for 2 curry starved brits and I have to say it was fantastic, I'm vegetarian and the choice of dishes was great. We really enjoyed our meal and said next time we're in Milan we would go again, well the next time we went to Milan we said lets go for a curry, well could we remember the name of the restaurant or where it was unfortunately no, so we went to a different Indian restaurant instead, it was OK but nothing like Tara, we left disappointed. Last night we were in Milan again at a party in Sempione area and asked our friend to recommend a good Indian restaurant close by, they gave us the address and after the party off we went, to our surprise we turned up at Tara, and as it was Thursday the main chef was cooking, we new we were in for a treat as Ash recommended something off the menu, a traditional tandoori paneer for me and a king prawn balti for my husband, we also had a cheese naan, rice and poppadoms with onions & chutney, oh my everything was delicious, we can't wait to go again and now we know where it is we shall be making trips to Milan just for the curry. A big thank you to Ash for his hospitality, the food is stunning and authentic,the ambience is friendly and the prices are very reasonable!

1  Thank kathyannebarlow
Reviewed December 26, 2009

While taking tram no. 1 from the Castello, I spotted a sign along Corso Sempione for this restaurant bearing my first name. The sign next to an Agip gas station indicated that the restaurant was 200m away with an arrow pointing to a certain street, but after a five minute walk I still couldn't find it and the locals whom I stopped on the street had never even heard of it. I walked back to the sign and this time took note of the address, and after a 15 minute walk, managed to find it but it was certainly not 200m away from the gas station!

It was worth the walk, however, upon entering and gazing at the warm melange of orange hues and rounded arches painted with Indian motifs. After a look at the menu, I decided there were enough vegetarian options for me to stay. Following an interesting coversation with the owner about a paper I once wrote on Thugees (a label falsely attributed to a certain group of Indians who used to steal from foreign travellers in the 18th century until they were quashed by the British), I opted for a chana massala and yellow dahl, the former which was spiced just right for my sensitive stomach, accompanied by crispy nan bread and Kingfisher beer.

Typically at Indian restaurants I order butter chicken or lamb korma, which is my standard rating dish, but unfortunately I had to skip the main course and desert, as I was already full and simply could not bear the company next to me (a French-British model and her abnoxious, coked-up Milanese boyfriend). I'm sure that these dishes would have been up to par, and I'd return to Milan just to eat here again, otherwise I detest the city.

The last page of the menu points out which dishes are gluten-free and drinks include a good selection of beer and wine and the requisite mango lassi.

Despite the aforementioned dining obstacles, this is one of the better Indian restaurants I have tried abroad. I'd say second to Tandoori in Tel-Aviv and much better than anything I've ever tried in London or my home city of Montreal, Canada.