“Great meal”

Cantina della Vetra
Reserve with
Cantina della Vetra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 8,452 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navigli
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were in Milan at the end of August. Most of the restaurants that came recommended were closed for the summer. We were extremely fortunate that the Cantina della Vetra had recently reopened.

The meal was amazing and the service was fantastic. We would definitely go back. Worth another trip to Milan to eat here again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We spent two days in Milan on the way to Lake Como and the hotel concierge recommended this place. Thank you! Easy walking distance from downtown, in a beautiful room with large windows looking out on a local park. Everything we had was excellent. We highly recommend the house-made salami/cold cut antipasti; it comes with "gnocco fritto", unbelievably delicious pillows of fried dough. I can still taste them. Dinner for two, with wine and bottled water came to 68 Euros.

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great ambience for any occasion. Good food at decent prices.
I've tried several dishes, and they are usually good.

The main fish courses are not so good.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I returned to this restaurant after a couple of years since my last visit. I still like the atmosphere, very welcoming, old-fashioned and "italian" at the same time. You'll find both locals and tourists dining here, which is definitely a good sign. Anyway, I have to say that the food quality got worse overtime. We ordered a plate of cheese and two meat dishes: a tartarre and a tagliata. They were both very "average", with quite no flavour at all. My guess is that a growing number of tourist guides featured "Cantina della Vetra" recently, resuting in easier business and less need to have returning customer. I might have been unlucky that night or just made the wrong plate choice. I think you can give it a try, but be worned. The bill is not light, be careful with the wine choice,

1  Thank MonkeyDonk
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Catina della Vetra was one of the first few restaurants that me and my partner went to when we first touched down in Milan. :) The food was really good, with an true, authentic Italian taste. The prices are really reasonable. However, the only negative thing is that we had to wait quite awhile for our mains, which took about half an hour to come. Nevertheless, overall a good place to visit for dinner! :)