“A fashion restaurant with decent food but inattentive service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Wasabi

Wasabi
Ranked #1,350 of 8,082 Restaurants in Milan
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
como
“A fashion restaurant with decent food but inattentive service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I came here with a few friends almost by accident, and, although the restaurant was overcorwded (probably because it was 9.30 pm and if you arrive before 9pm you can dine at the happy hour with a cocktail and the food at the buffet for nearly 12 euros).
When we entered the local, we asked for a table and we were kindly asked to wait for some moments outside, but we were offered a nice glass of wine each in the waiting.
After nearly 20 minutes our table was ready and we were given the menus.
The menu is pretty wide and you have plenty of dishes to choose.
We order a sushi plate each (the uramaki wasabi style was tasty and well cooked), and a pasta/rice plate each, but we had to say the order three times because the waitress did not understand and had even problems with her tablet, so the order took quite a long time.
We had even to wait a lot for the first dishes, and even for some pasta ones, as they asked more times what we were waiting for.
The service should be definitely improved.
The prices are a bit too high but I have to recognize that they noticed to have made us pay an extra plate and they gave us the money back.
They are very honest, so my opinion of this place is definitely not negative.
At the end of the dinner we were offered a digestive drink.
The ambient looks pretty fashion and is based on wengé wooden furniture, white and red details, fake flowers and fake japanese artistic elements, like all the "trendy contemporary japanese restaurants", although the personnel is all chinese.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank lucoh99

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Graffignana, Italia
“Jap buffet...so and so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The japanese buffet is quite in the average, very few different types of food. The actual sushi is limited to salmon nigiri and some bad quality rolls, topped off with chinese style noodles. Another point: the chopsticks, metal made, are just fancy but not functional, they're badly balanced, with all the weight backward.
The atmosphere is nice all round.

• Visited July 2013
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We live outside Vancouver so after I sat down here I felt like there was a good posibility I would feel quite huffy about this meal. I'm spoiled, being so close to the coast and a city that has an abundance of traditional Japanese and fusion Japanese restaurants.

This was a great meal. Awesome sashimi salads! We had the nigiri & sesame salmon. (After being totally disappointed by every salad I have had in Italy, I was overdue for a really well prepared one.) Had a couple rolls (zen roll!!) which were also well prepared.

I have no complaints. It was busy clean & food came out quick. Service was great too.

• Visited May 2013
como
“They sell only appearance here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The whole dinner here is a fake experience, and I suggest you not to chose this restaurant if you care the matter and not the appearance.
The food has not a fine taste and the recipes are not pretty cared for and well balanced.
Furthermore, the combinations of flavors are definitely not only risky but also heavy for digestion and unrewarding for the palate.
The prawns dumplings were only dish I appreciated (more for the particularity than the taste), and I think their taste is better than all the other dishes I tried here because the dumplings were plain, clean, with no sauce, no dressing, no spices,...
The price is not the highest in Milan, but the quality is definitely low, so you pay only for the "fashion" of the restaurant and for the "fashion" for dining here.
If you like it...

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank lucoh99
London, United Kingdom
“Buffet dinner done WELL.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Wasabi proves you can do quantity AND quality!! vibrant atmosphere contributes to a high turnover which means the food is fresh throughout the night. Do not expect michelin stars though, it IS a buffet afterall. Drinks made well too. Great value. Great evening out.

• Visited January 2013