TripAdvisor

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Zone 6
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We choose here because the atmosphere and the cozy interior, but it turned out to be more. We tried some risotto with veal meat and cold cuts as appetiser. Everything was good maybe a little more than average. The staff were really friendly and patient, they answered all the questions carefully. If you're searching for a cozy place with a decent meal then it's worth to pay a visit here.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed September 4, 2019

My experience is that the Navigli area at night is full of mosquitos. At least in July. The street vendors sell bug spray on their carts. There are lots of restaurants that front on the canals, but do you want to be swatting mosquitos while dining. We didn't, so opted for Trattoria Milanese. Dining is inside and mosquito-free. The food is traditional and very good. Large portions. Maybe the restaurants with open air dining along the canals may be more trendy. I'll take good food and no mosquitos.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

I honestly thought very much after make this review, but I have to be honest. It was the most disappointing dinner I ever had. I order the "Cortelini" (I believe that's the name). Basically, is a dish with rissoto milanese and a veal escalope. That was the first disappointment, because I thought it was the cotolleta. My bad on this one.
But the worst was the whole dish. The risotto didn't have any flavour and the meat has a very slim "leaf" of meat... and ask for a price of 28€ for this dish is a crime (I never paid so much for just one dish).
I am sorry for the words, and I don't know if it will be helpful for anyone, but it is a place to never go again...

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 23, 2019

We enjoyed the ambiance of this charming trattoria on a small side street, not too far from the Duomo in the city’s historic area. There is no English menu but the waiter was able to guide us through the choices and we had excellent seafood and risotto Milanese. Tourists seem to be seated in the back of the restaurant, which was fine, and we had a nice conversation with another American family. It does seem to attract a sizable local clientele which is an endorsement of the quality of the food.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 7, 2019

If you want to go through 4 courses without ever seeing a vegetable - indulge! Gnocchi fritti with salame and ham for starters, some risotto milanese as first course, followed by a cotoletta milanese and finisehd with a slice of panettone topped with cream, ice cream and grand marnier....for example. House red is delicous, as is the Peroni puro malto beer they have in bottles.

Date of visit: June 2019