“Outstanding!”
Review of Savini Caffe

Savini Caffe
Reserve with
Savini Caffe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,159 of 8,234 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
Description: Today, like 150 years ago, we try with great enthusiasm to make that who sit down in our tables for a lunch, dinner or coffee, feels into a spiritual history, but also in Italian enogastronomical history that we follow with great care and attention.
Oslo, Norway
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Love this restaurant, during our five days in Milan, we visited Savini four times - both lunch and dinnerdates <3 Very good service and outstanding food! We will definately go back if we visit Milan again!!:)

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Finland
“Savini, is it worth of visit?”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I believ I am qualified to write this review because I have been living in Milano for 1,5 years, also have spent most of my vacations during the past 24 years in Italy as well as I am a 100+ Michelin stars person. Savini was “a top place in Milano” in 80s, but now a days it is only a “name and a show Place” that tries to survive with its old history. The quality of food was average minus, the toilets in the restaurant were not fresh, and the service was poor and not professional. Some examples; a big show on mixing salts and olive oil that was really old so that one could not taste it (2 waiters did this show). We ordered plain water but we were served with sparking water and when I reminded them, the waiter added the plain water on the top of my glass to dilute the sparking water. When they brought my meal by accident the waiter dropped my Panissa fritta plate on the floor, so the headwaiter instead of taking the whole meal back to the kitchen and bring everything at the same time, he served me with the meal and later they brought me the fried. The waiters have tendency of getting “too friendly, chatty and jokey type” with the customers like some of the cafeterias on the side streets of Domo (telling us that we as a family have nice teeth). It is natural when you go to a top class restaurant also to receive a top class bill, however being a top class restaurant is totally different than pretending being a top class restaurant. I went to Savini because most of the restaurants were closed during the holidays and decided to see how the restaurant has been evolved over the years and I notice not very much. My advice to the readers is; if you want to have a good quality food and services try to walk a bit outside of Domo area. Most of the restaurants in this zone are looking for on time customers. So Finally, Mr. Brussolo you do not need to respond to this review, instead I suggest you spend time to train your over staffed waiters not “to act as being professionals”, walk in the kitchen to improve significantly the quality of the food to be in balance with the quality of the bill and ensure that toilets are cleaned and fresh.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank 4triplovers
Perth, Australia
“expensive, but we had a lot of fun”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We "stopped over" in Milano on our way home from Spain and France, so only had a couple of nights there this time, and as it was our last night of holiday, decided to splurge a bit. We wandered through the Galleria, beautiful as always, and eventually decided on the terrace cafe at Savini. Let's be honest here - the cafes and restaurants around the Duomo, and particularly in Galleria, are tourist traps. They don't always have the best food, and you will certainly pay through the nose for whatever you have, but location, location, location! Having said that, we actually had one of the best meals we have ever had in Italy. We had simply charming service from a young Indian gentleman (Mivan?), our food was better than good, particularly my duck with orange, which was served with beautifully steamed vegetables (so often vegetables in Italy are boiled to grey), and tarte tatin - yes, classical French, not italian, but really well executed. Maybe it's not so good in the restaurant upstairs, but we had no complaints. In fact, we had a magical night. Perhaps the fact that we were clearly not from Italy, but our daughter spoke fluent
Italian helped with their attitude, but I think our waiter was just a gem, and good service will elevate an experience every time.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good atmosphere in Vittorio Emanuele, but very very very cavalier,informal,reckless staff!!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

especially, staff are very indiscreet!!! Staff everytime look at us and we are disturbed and uncomfortable... They always come and want to talk with us. Finally when we wanted bill we sae that they write 10.€ for a Coca Cola Light and for 2 Coperto 10.€ ( Coperto means cost of service)
As a result savini is very bad very reckless very disturbed and unfortunately very expensive restaurant in milano...

Money is not important especially on holiday but everything is bad in savini... My advice to you do not go there!!!

1 Thank venividivici_tr
Houston, Texas
“Galleria Fine Food”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had the most wonderful foie gras here and the rest of our food was delightful, including the complimentary cookies brought out in a charming oblong box. If I had a complaint and I do not because our experience was delightful, it was the wine list does give many medium choices. As an example the cheapest Pinot Grigio was 45 Euros.

Visited December 2012