“Charming and delicious”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Zone 6
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very warm wellcome in an authentic setup. Marvellous garden with limited menu list, but … honest dishes, excellent wine and friendly service. Enjoyable evening at a very limited cost. We will be back at our next visit to Milano

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank philippemW3537RY
Write a reviewReviews (2,003)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Have now made 4 visits to this venue - a must,every time we visit Milan. Both food and service are of a consistently high standard and we will not hesitate to return. First time visitors may be put off by the location and the rather downcast exterior but once through the door be prepared for a memorable eating experience.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank A4797AFjohnr
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Have been going to this restaurant for almost thirty years and you highly recommend it to Italians and foreigners alike. Very traditional, old fashioned and excellent service.
Beautiful outdoor dining in the summer months but do go prepared with spray for the mosquitoes.
Best time to visit are the winter months as they have roaring fires and romantic lighting.
The traditional house antipasto is a must.

1  Thank Macchy79
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Been coming here for a few years when I’ve been in Milan for work. The past 12 months a new hostess has arrived and I must say, she’s probably one of the rudest people I’ve ever met in a restaurant.

On one occasion I’ve told her she left a 65 euros bottle of wine off the bill and she insulted me.

On another occasion she really spoke to me when I arrived with such a tone I actually left.

Let’s hope the owners understand bad staff can ruin a great business.

Date of visit: June 2019
FabrizioBinari, Manager at Osteria Del Binari, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Good evening,
First of all we're very very sorry for what happened.
We pay a lot of attention to the staff selection and of course this is one of the aspect we take care the most.
We would be very happy to see you another time in our restaurant.

Best regards,

Direction

Reviewed June 5, 2019

Two Italian friends took me here for some classic Milanese food and it did not disappoint. Excellent risotto and a wide selection of veal options -- I had the osso bucco. The dishes are relatively inexpensive and you great huge portions, so be judicious in your ordering. Wine is expensive for the choices and the service (even with native Italian speakers) was indifferent at best, which might be part of the charm.

2  Thank sanfranciscofoodie

Thank you so much for your super positive feedback!
Looking forward to welcome you another time in our restaurant.

Best regards,