“WoW, pricy, and worthy”

Ranked #38 of 8,438 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia, a truly unique gastronomic reality wherein creativity and a site-specific architectural and artistic installation, memory tastes from the past and contemporary signs are interwoven. Stefania Moroni and the chefs Fabio Pisani and Alessandro Negrini, carry on with this unique reality created by Aimo and Nadia, so able and innovative in interpreting and proposing anew the rich Italian gastronomic culture. 2 stars Michelin Guide, Relais & Chateaux, Les Grandes Tables du Monde.
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Shut up and taste it! As a Michelin starred restaurant, size of each dishes was fairly enough, even, compare with other Michelins, quite big I can say. LoL. In Gordon Ramsay, you might just get 2 frog legs in one dish lol, but here you might have 5more.
Anyway , food was tasty. Purple shrimp was really good, and the sweet garden dessert.
They used lots of peas, we've noticed, kind of fun. Raw tartare of veal was good, my boyfriend loved it, and his confit pigeon legs and breast. I've had asparagus, it was fairly good. Mozzarella was great. Pre starter was really tasty, fried olive, crispy pepper and cheese ham with whole meal bread. The owner walk around the dining room, told us the bread was absolutely made by himself, naturely, fresh, without any yeast and additive. Absolute Organic I can say.

Soufflé with ice cream, it was Omg delicious.

Spaghetti was also brilliant

Love this restaurant. LoL.
For its cozy atmosphere and heart warm dishes

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We only stayed one night in Milan and it was Saturday night. We really want to try this restaurant and the Manager was very nice to give us a table at 7:30pm. For non-Europeans, the time works just fine for us. The location is a little out of the city centre and it is all worth the cab drive to get there. We tried the tasting menu and as I did not eat meat and my husband did not like cheese, they were able to switch the menu to fit our dietary requirements. The Manager and his team was very professional yet friendly and the owner Aimo kept walking around, speaking to guests which we felt it was really special. To us, other than food presentation and decor, the actual food taste was very important. And every dishes met our expectation. We had tried a lot of Michelin star restaurants and this one is down-to-earth one of the best we had. Thank you and we will definitely come back when we are in Milan again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Il luogo di Aimo e Nadia is a very special place where you can have a unique experience for your senses. We suggest trying the "tasting menu" matched with the relevant choice of wines. Everything was perfect, the dishes in perfectly pairing with excellent wines, the impeccable service and the atmosphere.
Of course, a top experience entails a...top price to pay. But it is worthwhile, no doubt. We will come back.
Check out the website to have an idea about the place and the menu.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had the tasting menu on a Friday night. All in all, it was the best dinner any four of us has ever had, and we're quite seasoned foodies, with experience of all kinds of restaurants on all continents. Definitely worth its two Michelin stars. This is what Italian fine dining should be like: refined and sophisticated, but still simple, crystal clear in thought and execution. Especially the main course and the dessert blew us away. The tiramisu intepretation was a taste explosion and in combination with the Sicilian dessert wine, unforgettable. A nice touch was the selection of coffees after dinner, the Haiti Komet espresso was actually the best coffee I've ever had!

I'm really happy that I have eaten here. My only regret is that I don't speak Italian, so I didn't have a chance to discuss the food with the owner.

3  Thank Sebastian N
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

On Friday 23/02/13, I met my oldest friends here for a dinner planned one year in advance. I had some some research, and read about il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia- and I am so glad I did. Slightly out of central Milan (€1.50 metro or €20 for a 4 person taxi), the space and atmosphere the dining room offer is incredible.

We were very well looked after from start to finish. Arriving early and cold, we were quickly seated despite the staff being on their break, given prosecco and some exquisite tasters. A deep fried olive, some sundried red pepper, some crisp bread with a sweet marmalade. These were perfect at whetting our appetite, I'm quite sure we wouldn't have said no to more!

The wine list is extensive, and you could drink like a king here. My brother discovered a love for red wine on our one night in Milan- and we all agreed that what we had (although we can only remember it now as an italian red (!)) was the best we've ever had..

The waitresses, waiters and maitre'd were all impeccably presented and polite. We toured the kitchen, fell in love with the bathroom. and people watched- the room filled with patrons of Milan fashion week and what looked to he premiership footballers. It has the buzz off a local restaurant but the class of one in the trendiest capital on earth.

Bread and olive oil even managed to excite, the oil is very mild, letting the bread sing. We opted for a starter or a pasta, followed by a main. Each was executed to perfection. My brother, with his italian beer in a glass, was told off for trying to order pâté then red mullet, and advised to go for a perfectly cooked venison dish. He did, and was totally happy with 'the best food (he'd) ever had'. I had the Etruscan vegetable soup, followed by cuttlefish with squid. I didn't want either dish to end. They were visually beautiful, imitating the modern art on the walls and chairs. Other dishes our group loved were the pigeon, the simple spagetonni, the pork. Each dessert was heaven; and just when you thought you were full, the bill was accompanied with even more little treats (perhaps to sweeten your taste before the bill).

The food is expensive- but well worth every euro. We flew in on Friday night, dumped our bags, headed to Nadia...and returned the next morning (via an evening at Una hotel and a morning in the lounge at Linate). I cannot emphases how much this restaurant is worth the flight- which can be super cheap if you book ahead. The company, the food, the restaurant..it combines to easily become one of the best evenings of my life.

Thank you to everybody who made our trip so memorable.

1  Thank JesswadeCorfu