“Dont stay in my room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milan
Foresteria Monforte
Ranked #169 of 284 Milan B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2011

What a disappointment.. Having thought I had something special we experienced a nightmare. The room was great- on the net and in the reviews, but clearly those who recommended it hadn't stayed in the room we did. By next morning there was a most unpleasant smell, of sewerage coming from our shower plug hole and filling the room in which we slept. This only intensified as the days went on. When we talked about this to the owner he denied knowledge of the problem but trust me, you don't want to stay in this room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trak_11

Reviewed October 9, 2010

This B&B was recomended by a friend who lives in Milan. Another friend and I stayed here for three nights in September . We loved the place, it is so much like Milan - sleek and smart and stylish. It doesn't feel like a hotel, but more like someone's apartment. The Guicci wallpaper in the closet is a nice reminder that you are staying in Italy's fashion capital. Giovanni and Gionni manage the place, but are not on-site so you have to be careful to coordinate arrival times with them. It is very centrally located - only a 15 minute walk to the Duomo but you feel as if you are living like a Milanese rather than a tourist. Giovanni and Gionni are great resources for interesting excursions and restaurants and for some of Milan's hidden treasures. They went out of their way to be helpful to us. The value for money is excellent considering that this is Milan.
The comments by others re the breakfasts are probably valid- just bringing in some nice bread from a nearby bakery would help, although when we were there we did have fresh squeezed orange juice. Mary, who takes care of the breakfasts and cleaning, was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was extremely disappointed with Foresteria Monforte. I had first discovered this B&B in TimeOut's Milan and double checked reviews on Trip Advisor but had no clue this was going to be such a bummer.

I was willing to pony up for an expensive B&B (160 Euros/night!) because I thought it would be luxurious and relaxing instead I encountered the opposite.

The beds were hard and the pillows flat. The sheets and coverlet were cheap ikea - blech. The towels in the bathroom were thin and rough. There were some hairs in the bathroom (yick!). This is not the high quality that they themselves advertise. I think the only money spent in the room was on the Kartell Ghost Chairs. The pictures on the website are clever, making the rooms seem better than they are.

The Breakfast part of the B&B is just toast and coffee! That's not a breakfast in my book. While I would have loved an actual breakfast (and a hot one too - this is a B&B after all), I would have settled for some yogurt, fruit, muffins, croissants, etc. Anything but dry cardboard toast.

I'm not sure what we were paying for but it wasn't for a good bed or a breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Londoner_from_IS
Reviewed June 3, 2009

This isn't your average B&B, it has very trendy and with nice decor. Although the price is actually not cheap, but please bear in mind everything is expensive in Milan

Tips:
1) Use the Tram 9, which is just on the side road. It's great, it goes to train station, the Cosmo department store, Navagli.... Great tram!
2) Turn right at the front door, and like 4 shops down, there's an amazing deli serving lunch. They do the best buffalo mozzarella ... a MUST!

Good Points:
1) 20 mins to the city centre of Duomo
2) Clean
3) The B&B owner is nice and helpful

Bad Points:
We found the maid, Mary, quite rude:
1) On the first day we arrive, even though I been calling and texting on the way to the hotel, I had to wait 30-40mins outside because the maid did not answer her phone, so owner had to rush over to open the doors for us.
2) Breakfast consist of toast, coffee/orange juice. When I asked for some juice as I don’t drink coffee, I was told she will prepare for me tomorrow, but I said I wanted it today. She was unhappy, but she gave me my juice at the end. The juice is hard-work as it's freshly squeezed.
3) My aunt requested extra toast, again she pulled a face at my cousin and moaned.
4) My aunt found the bedsheet a little damp, may be due to the hot weather at the time. Hence my cousin asked on the first morning whether she could change the bedsheet and again the same rude gesture from her.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sephine
Reviewed October 3, 2008

We stayed in Foresteria Monforte from 28 september untill 1st of october. The rooms are really beautiful and clean.
Especially the suite is very stylish with lot of space and dining room.
The location of the B&B is very good and we enjoyed our stay.
Only the breakfast needs improvement. Just toasts (no fresh bread), coffee and jam. That's all! If breakfast is for you a top priority you should better look for something else.
The hairdryer is not useful.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 23, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at Foresteria Monforte March 18- 19. This is a lovely bed and breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The B&B is about 20 minutes from the train station by tram. To get to the B&B, take Tram 9 from Central Station and get off at Piave Tricolore (about 8 stops). Walk straight across the traffic light then turned right. Keep going until you see a pharmacy on your left. Go into to the pharmacy and ask for Foresteria Monforte.

The B&B is a flat located on the first floor of an old building. The building has a small elevator. There are three rooms in the flat. Our room is a twin-bed room. The bed room and bath room are very very clean and good size. The owner, Giovanni, is very nice and helpful. The house keeper, Mary, keeps the place in spotless condition. She serves breakfast (coffee or tea and toasts) in the guest room. There is also a well equiped kitchen. The guests can use the kitchen. It has a small refrigerator and a toaster oven. There are also dishes and cups. The high speed internet is connected via cable and is free.

The B&B is within walking distance (about 15-20 minutes) from Duomo and the shopping areas. The only drawback is the building is on a busy street and you hear the traffic noices till late at night. Overall it is excellent. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TXwonderer
Reviewed December 1, 2007

Foresteria Monforte (and not Fosteria as shown in TA) is in fact an appartment converted by the owners in a cute 3 bedroom B&B. Location was convenient (a pleasant 5-10' walk to San Babila station), the rooms well appointed and stylish decorated. Save for a corridor and a small kitchen, there are no other common rooms. We met the owner upon check-in (the exact time has to be pre-arranged), who gave us the keys of our room. A lady comes every day from 8am-2pm, cleans the rooms and prepares breakfast (just coffee, bread and jam- this needs improvement ), which is served in the room.
All in all, if you just need a nice, stylish, clean and affordable room in central Milan, Foresteria Monforte is the right place to book. If service and breakfast are top priorities, I suggest looking for something else.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends