“Absolutely ridiculous! Trip Ruined”

Petit Palais Hotel de Charme
Ranked #106 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Mysuru (Mysore), India
“Absolutely ridiculous! Trip Ruined”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a confirmed reservation (booked 2 months in advance) at this blesseth hotel for 24th and 25th June 2013 and they blatantly bumped us off to accommodate higher paying guests for the "Milan Fashion Week". What was worse, their receptionist lied by saying that a fire or something had broken out on the top floor the night previous to my check-in. On further questioning and arguing, he slipped up and mentioned that they have sold it to higher paying guests.

Further as an alternative, they put us in a hotel outside of Milan Urban limits, in a godforsaken town called Assago. The 3 day metro tickets that we brought were off no use here. The second instance of lying by the honorable receptionist was when he said that there wouldn't be any issues with connectivity as it is just 10 minutes from Duomo. They totally discredited the fact that I had chosen this hotel exclusively for its central location.

This has by far been my worst experience at a hotel. They not only wasted my time and money , but also brilliantly managed to ruin my stay in Milan and build only negative memories around the city.

I am totally grossed out. I recommend this hotel, if you are keen on ruining your trip like I did or else run else where.RUN!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank nickstator
madda-mizar, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Petit Palais Hotel de Charme, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and I renew our apologies for having created problems with the change of hotel. The choice of re-booking the hotel was dictated by circumstances beyond our control: as the fashion week, there were no rooms available in hotels of the same category or higher in Milan.
I can assure you that the management has adopted measures to the people who have created you discomfort in order that the incident did not happen again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was in Milan for a conference, and it just happened to be men's fashion week. The hotel prices were hiked up for the occasion, and many hotels were fully booked. This hotel was quite reasonably priced, especially for a Small Luxury Hotel. However, the location is not that convenient, as it is about 10 min walk from the metro station. The decor is quite traditional, but the amenities are getting old. The staff is friendly and helpful.
One incident got me worried though. I could not open the room safe after we went out for the day to one of the out of town outlet malls. We ended up getting the manager to open it for us. We kept quite a lot of cash there because it was just the second day of our trip. I always program the same code, and I could not have programmed it wrong as I always checked the code just after locking it. One needed to input a new code before locking it each time. We could not be sure whether any of the cash went missing, but I suspect someone might have opened it and then just locked it again using a random code. This has never happened to me before. I guess it was possible that I got it wrong, or the lock malfunctioned, but it locked and opened again normally after the reset. Needless to say, I kept the money on my person thereafter.
Other than that, the area was decent and one could walk to the Duomo, but it would take about 20 min, and Milan was pretty polluted with the heat and traffic.
Anyway, I would choose somewhere closer to the metro stations or the Duomo next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Adrian W
Thank you for your review and I take this opportunity to assure you that our safes are burglar-proof. We have a database that records access to the rooms and access to safes and multiple cameras in the hallways. Following your review, we checked on all datas and videos and no one came to your room during your absence. The incorrect operation you found may be due to a widespread power outage occurred that day in the hotel area.
Furthermore, we assure that the nearest subway stop, Missori is a 5-minute walking from hotel as reported by the Company of Transportation of Milan on its website, and from Piazza Duomo to the hotel it takes 10 minute walking as reported in the site of the Municipality of Milan and Google Maps.
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was like a mini apartment the shower was a little small but that was cool it was lovely there wasn't a lot of staff but its a boutique hotel and you have everything you need in the room little stove and all. Younge man during day was a pure delight helpful friendly talkative the evening man wasn't so nice that would be my only criticism he did tend to look down his nose at me abit but oh well wasn't going to let that affect my overall HAPPYNESS of this establishment

• Stayed June 2013
madda-mizar, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Petit Palais Hotel de Charme, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again
Bransgore, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having lived in Milan for 5 years but some time ago, I came back with recent husband and friend to celebrate a particular birthday. In many ways Le Petit Palais is full of 'charme' but I was reminded of the annoyance I always experienced when living here - the heating went off on a set date regardless of temperature. The same happened and we suffered I am afraid. We were told the heating would not be put on, and all we were offered were more blankets. We wore more both in bed and while in the room, but no heated towel rail or radiator came on.

Sadly, the spirit of hospitality - that of anticipating your guests every need and being ready to respond - was lost on the staff. A real shame. They seemed oblivious to the effect it had on our stay. Oh, well.

Stayed May 2013
madda-mizar, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Petit Palais Hotel de Charme, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
As everyone can read on Milan municipality website, heating had to be turned off on 28th April 2013 without exceptions. We cannot rule Milan's weather and temperature so the only thing to do it's offering blankets to our guests.
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor: it was really nicely decorated and had loads of wardrobe space, nice armchairs/seating and modern bathroom facilities but with stylish marble fittings.
The hotel only has 18 rooms so the facilities are limited but there is a nice lounge area (with a drinks table so presumably it also serves as a bar)
We thought the breakfast choice was fine: cold meats, eggs (cooked to order if you like or just cold from the buffet), cereals, fruit, pastries, yogurts and, yes, a toaster! Coffee was made to order and very good (rarely find decent breakfast coffee!)
The reception staff were really helpful: recommended and booked restaurants for us, checked us in online for our flight home (and printed the boarding passes), sorted the room safe without making me feel like an idiot and organised a taxi back to the airport
The hotel location is good about half way between the Duomo and the canal district: about a 7-10 minute walk to either and on a tram line that will take you to just behind the Duomo.

Room Tip: The 4th floor suites (only 2 of them) have a nice terrace which would be fabulous in the summer; I a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your exquisite review. I hope to see you again in our hotel.
Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We liked this hotel very much. Good position, rooms are big and quite. Staying in this hotel is like getting back in time. Very romantic and old-fashioned place.
People who cares about modern facilities shouldn't choose this place for sure but those who would like to feel a little bit of old Milan would find this here.
Breakfast was not very reach but tasty and fresh. Beds are really comfortable, all is clean. Not many people work there but if all was done on time.
Thank you for pleasant time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tatiana L
madda-mizar, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Petit Palais Hotel de Charme, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in our hotel
Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you like staying in a freezing room for 2 nights (out of 3) with staff doing nothing about it, and getting a laughable 10% discount on these 2 nights, this could be your choice.
Beautiful building owned and run by an incompetent manageress (Fummagali ).
Very thin staff that does not cater to basic requests of guests.
The hotel being on SLH system misled us to stay there: this place does not qualify in any way to SLH standards!!!

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank adikahan
madda-mizar, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Petit Palais Hotel de Charme, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
The couple told to the receptionist that the room was too cold and he checked at computer the temperature. It was 22°C. We proposed guests to change room and we heated the new room with 2 degrees more than mormal temperature (in bathroom there were almost 26/27°) and our manager checked it personally. We gave 10% discount for the room change.
No one before told us that temperature in rooms was not ok, at least too hot not too cold.