See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2011

this is a very well located one star hotel,coz it is really very very close to the central station, you don't expect luxary here, but very convenient for moving around, take away restaurants, laundry mat, supermarket, pharmacy...all around hotel, you may also plan the oneday tour for other cities taking this one as the basement. It is also just next to the airport shuttle bus terminal, so as you are flying in very late in the midnight, you feel no worry for heading to this hotel, same as the situation for a early departure like 4.00am. We don't feel nothing strange for the station area, as like all main station of a big city, we found all kind of people but we couldn't just stamp them dangerous, who knowns if they are thinking the same way of us.

Hotel service is ok, they offer you free map and information about the transportation and things to see, friendly and helpful, no breakfast served but several bars or food store around for fulfill the stomach.

If you prefer to be close to the Milano central station and don't want to spend to much, we suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank rena468
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Amy thank you- she was so very patient and informative with helping me get to places i needed to on this very short visit.
Free wifi a plus
May be noisy but I did want close to station and I got it.

Room Tip: Maybe not on the main street
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My husband and I went to Milan only for business and we needed something close to the train station and cheap.

If you're looking for some luxurious place in Milan, obviously, this is not the place for you. I can't imagine anyone choosing this hotel if what they want is comfort and beauty: it's a hostel. But I expect serious problems from any hostel I stay in, particularly with cleanliness. This is the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and the neighborhood isn't *that* sketchy (maybe if you're alone it's slightly more questionable). They have a computer with internet that's E3/hr. There is now at least one employee who can speak English. It's not very quiet at night but that happens a lot in cities. The staff are all very friendly and in the evening, they have a gate to lock out anyone who doesn't have a reservation. After you check-out they'll even let you leave your bags there if you have to stay the whole day in Milan and don't want to carry them everywhere.

Overall, I was pleased because I was expecting real grit and sketchiness.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank NicoDwyer
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Ended up staying here since I missed my flight from Stockholm to Milan, and train from Milan to San Remo. It's one of the first cheap hotels that popped up in the website while browsing though the expensive airport internet in Stockholm.

Didn't have a good feeling about the area at night when I arrived. Could hear some shouting from my room. The nearest restaurant was Chinese that served terrible orangey pasta. The shared toilet was dirty.

Good thing was it is literally 50 steps away from the central station. The last thing I want was to miss another train ride. But if you're not in rush for anything, maybe you can find something else especially if you want comfort at the end of the day.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Extremely basic, but if you're looking for a _cheap_ small and clean place where to stay a night near the railway station, this is a good option. Night staff spoke only italian, but the lady who did the day shifts was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean, not cold even in January and everything worked in bathrooms. No breakfast was served, but there are lot of options for that near the hotel. Just a warning that the streetside rooms can be very noise because of the hard traffic, but the yardside is quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: January 2010