“Very comfy rooms, GREAT breakfast”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
Ranked #43 of 430 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. You can't get anything better than this in Milan. The room was extremely comfortable. I liked the beds. The bathroom was large and well-furnished.

The next morning I went down for breakfast in the hotel. It was excellent. There was a wide selection of different foods I could choose from. I liked the bread selection.

Since I was part of a tour group I cannot say anything about the transport as this was all provided by the tour company. I have heard issues about this hotel's location but luckily this did not affect me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank warpa95
Write a ReviewReviews (2,045)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped here on our way from Sweden to the south of Italy and we do not regret this a a bit. The staff was exceptionally welcoming, friendly and helpful and the rooms were great. Sure, as many have noted, the location is not at the centre of the city, but seriousally, do you not chech the location of your hotel before you make your reservation? For us, it was perfect, since we did not need to see Milan this time and the proximity to the Autostrada suited us fine.

The breakfast is above average when it comes to choises, and excellent regarding service. We also had dinner here and although the menu was not extensive, there were enough choices.

The pricing of parking your car in their garage for €15 is very reasonable. The area does not invite to leave the car as we would have had to do, with a lot of stuff in it due to our long travel, on the street.

Each room could house up to four devices when it comes to WiFi-access which is great, especially when travelling with big kids like we were.

If I would have been able to control the temperature in my own room this might very well have gotten five stars.

We had been driving since 04:30 am and arrived at 9:00 pm. This hotel gave us the relaxation we needed to continue our journey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nithrin
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, very much appreciate.

I am happy to read you have enjoyed your stay with us in all areas. I really hope you will visit us again for your next trip to Italy.

While we wait to welcome you back, please do accept my

Best Regards

Reviewed August 5, 2013

It's in the middle of nowhere, and the surrounding area is hardly welcoming, with very little to see or do! Besides the point, I'm only writing a review to express my serious disappointment with the staff. Because of the location, trams and taxis are a must! We were told yesterday that we could buy tickets for the tram from the main reception, so today we proceeded to try and do so, only to be told we couldn't. My girlfriend has torn her ligaments in her ankle and walking isn't the easiest, so to avoid too much time on her feet, we thought we could possibly buy the tickets on the tram itself. May I please stress how much of a bad idea this was!! It only resulted in a €53 fine and a ruined day!! To add even more insult to injury, back to the hotel we find out they have rucks of tickets for sale... So why were we told they didn't? How unprofessional for a Radisson blu hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard G
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Sorry to read your comments about reception team, I apologies if any misunderstood happened.

Strange to read "reception did not give me the tickets", we do sell it for Guest, so I do not see the reason why not given it. I am sorry you got the fine after your decision to get into the tram without ticket, if you would have tell us, we would have informed you that this was not possibile, and the risk of the fine.

Happy tough to read you have enjoyed the room, and I hope we will be able to welcome you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here for four nights last week. Overall, check in was fast but on the third day they tried to charge us for parking when I asked to check the bill. (we told them upon check in that we had no car!) The cleanliness and amenities were good. Guest would be pleased to hear that the bathroom size is huge and the rain shower is great too.
The selection and food quality at breakfast was good also. I found that most of the staff at breakfast in the restaurant was professional and polite.

The hotel is a little far from the city centre i.e. the tram takes about 30 minutes to get to the city centre (Duomo). However be warned that the tram stop (5 mins walk away) does not look like a proper station as it is on the roadside with overgrown grass. We almost could not locate it.

I would have rated customer service a little better but I am still waiting for a response from the hotel regarding my reading glasses. (I accidentally left it the room when checking out about 6am in the morning to catch the train to Switzerland). I have emailed them twice so far but no reply until today.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaveRic18
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to read you have enjoyed the stay and the service, therefore I am bit surprised about the 2 star. If those are related to the fact you forgot the glass in our hotel. I have this morning followed this up, but we could not find any query regarding this subject. So, as I cannot contact you, please do contact us, you can mail to our service manager, Mr. Andrea La Monaca, e-mail: andrea.lamonaca@radissonblu.com we will be glad to search for your items and re-send to you.

With best Regards

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a comfortable and affordable hotel for the price in Milan. The rooms are big and very clean. The showers are clean and spacious. The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful with any questions or concerns you might have. This hotel has a swimming pool with a glass roof along with a fitness room for hotel guest. There are many stores and places to eat at right down the street from this hotel on Via Varesina street. It is walking distance to the tram on Viale Certosa street that will take you to the Duomo Cathedral. I will definitely book this hotel again. I had a pleasant comfortable stay at this hotel during my vacation trip to MIlan and I recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone that visits the city of Milan.

Room Tip: Do your research on several hotels in Milan to find the right one and most affordable one for you!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and the fact you will be our ambassador, reccomending our hotel, very much appreciate.

If you may come back to Milan, please do let me know, it will be a pleasure to meet you

personally.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in many radisson blu hotels in Europe and always enjoy our stay. The staff were helpful and spoke good English. Pro tip: breakfast is €25 but eggs al a carte is €10 if you want a hot breakfast and no pastries or coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Your expression, "WE LOVE RADISSON BLU" make me feel very good and proud of our compnay. This means that we delivery the some level of service around the world,

I sincerely hope you have applied for the Club Carlson card and are enjoying all the benefit of this program.

We at the Radisson BLU Milan are very much looking forward to welcome you back

With Best Regards

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Cannot get to this hotel on the metro, you have to get the overground which isnt a problem and its nice and quick. There isnt any restaurants that I saw nearby but there is a tiny supermarket. Would recommend this hotel for a quiet night but not for a long stay as too far from the city.

Room Tip: We had the juniior suit i think and it was very nice, seperate sleeping and living area, 2 toilets a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple