“An enjoyable Milan trip”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
Ranked #44 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Worth starting with the location. This hotel is a good 30 - 40 minute tram ride outside the main city centre and from a small stroll around there doesn't appear to be much in the area. That said there is a tram stop (no 12) outside the hotel, even better a short walk away is the first stop on tram route 1, this runs the old historic trams which go straight through the city centre and is worth taking as a trip in itself. The 24 hour transit passes (4.50 euros) make travelling around Milan very good value.

The hotel itself if a pretty standard chain affair, my room was spacious and clean with a large comfortable bed and the brekfast had a decent selection.

If I was being picky the desk chair in my room could have done with replacing (dubious stain) and the spa bath at the fitness centre wasn't working.

The main reason for my five star rating was the staff, every single person I dealt with in the hotel was professional and friendly and I felt very welcome at the hotel.

Overall I would definately stay here again, worth checking the map however if you like to be central.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inky67
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am glad you have had an enjoyable trip to Milan and you stay was good.

I am also happy you found us professional and friendly, this what we like ti hear, we are in the hospitality industry and with you we met our goal.

I am very much looking forward to welocme you back, for your information we are progressin a soft rennovation of our SPA, so next time will be functioning, I apology for the fact did not work last stay.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having stayed at many hotels around the world I am qualified to comment. The hotel is clean with a smart trendy contemporary styling. The downstairs bar is a little expensive but all hotels make this mistake leaving the bar quiet when it could be vibrant. We are a party of pub and holiday park owners on a Bitburger jolly so know how much alcohol costs! The rooms are superb for a city or business break with a very well fitted bathroom. Rooms are a good size and everything flows, bed is comfy and tv flat screen big enough. The location is pretty run down however just outside the hotel is a tram 15 mins you are in the action of the city which comprises stunning architecture and a superb cathedral. We didn't get time to see the whole city. After wandering through an amazing castle area we came straight to Lanza stop which is on the route 12 easy to get back to the hotel. Pool needs to be a few degrees warmer my pool at home is 29 degrees I recommend the hotel turning it up a bit. Saunas were fine. Hot tub wasn't working but when these thing break down always put the date they will be repaired by and an apology. There was a note on it but didn't read. The San siro was fab we watched Inter Milan V Parma! Overall a good experience. Steve room 326

Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read your review, thank you to have taken the time to do it.

If you have had a good experience means we are delivering what you expected and hope a lit bit more.
Thank you very much for being our ambassador.

Looking forward to welcome you back

With Best Regards

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu due to the entire city being sold out because of the furniture fair. The location is not up to par, apparently it used to be an industrial area with several factories. The service and the food were good and the hotel was well decorated. Maintenance was an issue as many walls are scrapped and carpets dirty. For the expensive price paid for 3 roomnights (1100 euros) it was really like being robbed. And breakfast was not even included, it was 25 euros pp. Our receptionist Martina was a little stiff, maybe her first week at work. Towels were very old and frayed in some cases.

Room Tip: Hopefully you won't have a noisy neighbor, the walls are thin.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I like you words "Nice Hotel" sorry you did not like the location, wich I hope was very useful to reach the fair ground. Regarding the price as you well aware during furniture fair are everywhere high, as you wrote and we in line with the market and even lower.

I thank you again for having been with us and I hope to welcome you back

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the second Raidsson Blu I stay in, and as expected, the hotel is very good: clean / rooms are very comfortable / service and staff / swimming pool / parking ...

Only two things disappointed me:
1) location : I know there is a tram nearby, but it's still far from city center of Milano,
2) food : breakfast is excellent and very diverse, but I tried room service and the food wasn't as expected

I would recommend the hotel, but keep in mind the locaiton.

PS. For muslims, there are some halal food options in the hotel: Vegetarian and fish.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Radisson Blu Milan was a great choice for our stay in Milan! The rooms were great, clean and spacious with great bathrooms. The breakfast was of great quality and variety, served in a very nice and cozy area. The hotel personnel was very attentive, polite and friendly. Concerning the location,ok it is far from the city center but the tram nearby was very practical! Overall it was a great choice and would return again when in Milan!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review I really appreciate your time.

I am looking forward to welcome you back and I hope I could be able to meet you personally.

In the meantime please accept all my

Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is approx 15mins from the centre of town. There is free wifi and the rooms are large. The bathrooms are also large. The water pressure was quite high! The spa was out of order, not sure why. There is plenty of parking in the basement for 15 Euros per day. The breakfast choice was very good, however the service was poor especially when it got busy. I had asked for poached eggs and nothing turned up! It also took several minutes for the bell captain to sort out our left luggage! There aren't any taxis outside however the hotel can call you one in a matter of minutes. For business users it is practical and good value.

• Stayed: March 2013
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for you review. I am gald that you found the Radisson BLU Milan great for your trip, I sincerly hope I could welcoem you back also for Leisure.

In the menwhile please accept my
Kindest Regards
Massimio Supino

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Well, I am a frequent customer chez Radisson and have spent many weeks in some of the hotels in different countries. Although I was convinced that they keep more or less the same standards, somehow the Milano one was a bit worse then the one in Krakow Poland or Paris (Disneyland). The design the same but the rooms smaller, the living area also not perfect and frankly, very empty. If you want to save a bit, you can get to the center of Milano by tram, but it is not so scheduled so often (the hotel is around 20 minutes by tram from the center). The rooms clean with a standardized design so there was not too much disappointment here. But I did not like the breakfast buffet. And the coffee - you go to Italy and you expect to have a real espresso or cappuccino. But you get a bad quality, powdered coffee, served by the waiter. I did not like it at all...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I am happy you travel in Radisson BLU hotels.
Strange you found our rooms small, our rooms are one of the biggest in Milan, minimum 33 square meter, if you may come back to us please try one of our business class or Suite and I promise you will be astonished on how big they are.
I am very much looking forward to weclome you back and show you personally the rooms.
With Kind Regards