“Great location, helpful staff”

New Generation Hostel Chic Navigli
Ranked #64 of 281 Specialty Lodging in Milan
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Safe choice in Milan, if looking for a simple accommodation with good location. Cosy Navigli area less than 10min walk away, with other main sites also within a walking distance. I took a peaceful walk in the morning to the main railway station (Milan Centrale) in about 45 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked late and therefore received a twin room. Although it was more than we wanted to pay (we had been wanting to have a mixed dorm to save money), it was quite nice to have ensuite bathroom, own television, closets, balcony, air conditioning. They let us use internet and store our luggage there all day after we had checked out, which was kind. Location was a little further away from where we wanted to be, but we still were able to walk to fun nightlife and shopping during the day.

Room Tip: We were really happy with the twin room, which was about the cost of a mixed dorm in a more central...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Really nice hostel! Clean and safe, with helpful and friendly staff. Everything runs smooth.
Nice commonrooms, kitchen and dormrooms with a cabinet for each traveller. Remember a padlock.
Walking distance to the Duomo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Hi! I've been in these hostel around 4 times in my life. This is one of the best I've been in, the rooms have the bathroom inside, a big closet (I've never find a hostel with a big closet, you can put your luggage inside!), you just have to got your owm lock.

It is always clean and there are no mixed rooms. Quiet place and just 10 minuts by walk from the city center (Duomo) and less than 5 minutes to Navigli and ticinese area goog for clubs and apertivo.

You can use the big kichen with big fridge to use.

I was here my first time in january 2006, and after that, I decided to stay here every time I went to Milan (around 4times): Also my friends were there... they booked a room for 8 people just for them, and they were so happy, as it is very difficult to find a cheap place in Milan near the city center.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Arann30
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I wasn't disappointed in my first hostel experience. The rooms are gender segregated, which I preferred anyhow. The bunks aren't uncomfortable, and the sheets and towels were clean. The staff were stingy about giving out towels and Wifi access, but they will eventually. We checked in really late, but the staff was accommodating. We were also able to keep our bags there during our last day.

Big warning: there are Scouts' retreats here. This means loud, enthusiastic singing at 7 am. On the whole, I recommend the place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank CEM212
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I booked a private room here for the last 2 nights on my 4 week trip to Italy. I had to pay in full on arrival but stayed somewhere else on the second night. This place is awful. I stayed in 10 different b&b's and 3 star hotels and this was by far the worst.
The room and bathroom were both large but very old and tired. It was the first place that I wondered about bed bugs and wished I'd bought thongs (flip-flops) to wear in the shower.
There not only the noise from the street, everyone walking up and down the hall but I could hear the conversation of the people in the room next to me.
When I handed back the key a night early they didn't even bother to ask me why I was leaving early, yet they state on the information sheet that they want a good rap on Trip Advisor.
It's the first place in Italy that hasn't had a hairdryer (it was something I was relying on) and didn't serve breakfast. Given that I was paying the same price for other B&B's, this place was woeful.
They don't even have maps to give out....pathetic.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank snowwhite01
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in late November as it was recommended by the Lonely Planet guide from 2008. I don't know how it was 4 years ago but this time around was dreadful. The bed I slept in was barely a bed and had this is coming from someone who had been camping for the previous 2 months as I was biking around Europe. The room was clean as was the bathroom but for 21 Euros a night and having 16 people in one room with no breakfast included seems a bit steep.

We then switched into a private room and we were KICKED out of our room before check out time by the housekeeper. An all-around crappy experience. Although the bed in the private room was much more comfortable.

You can find better Hostel options in Milan and if not check out CouchSurfing...but beware the CouchSurfing community in Milan is not easy to crack!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends