1,088 results
All reviewsgaribaldi stationcorso comomarriott brandbusiness hotelnice hotelmalpensa airportexpress trainrooms are modernminute walkhotel is locatedbreakfast buffettram stoproom ratestayed here for two nightswifi is freecity centreitalian hotels
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been in this hotel many time and I have to say it's quite good. However after it joined the Marriott hotel company, I have lots of complains. I have spent 20 nights here this year and one months ago I receive the offer from Marriott called a taste of gold. Basically I have been upgraded at gold level till the end of the year, and I received lot of emails speaking of my wonderful benefits including free wifi, upgrade to superior room, etc. Instead this is already the second time that as I arrived at reception and they told me in "their system" I'm not gold. I sent them as requested the email of the upgrade the first time and they told me thbat they will solve the problem but this time is the same. No upgrade, wifi free only after lot of pushing and just for one day on three of my stay. I'm absolutely upset on this behavour and if it will happen again I will stop to come here. Morevover also the service is getting worst: breakfast is not good as in the past, fresh orange juice has been replace by bad industrial hjuice and the cappuccino this morning is the worst I never tried in Italy.
Hope things change again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank marcello68
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Arrived at Milan Gardibaldi Station at 10 PM. Went out of the station to get cab . The cabbie told us our hotel was just a quarter kilometer away, and we should walk. Well he neglected to tell us the road was all torn up and you could not cross the median because of construction. We walked quite a distance in the dark and then doubled back to the hotel.
However we were greeted wonderfully at the hotel - the doorman came out of the lobby and met us halfway down the street to take our bags. The desk clerk was very personable and spoke perfect English . The hotel was contemporary in design - very attractive. Our room was spacious, as well as spotlessly clean. We had a drink at the bar- again the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was included with our room and we had a delicious meal. There was a selection of fresh fruit, meats, cheeses,breads, pastries, and eggs and bacon for the less adventurous . Overall this was an excellent choice for a stay and we would come back here if we pass through Milan again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Check-in/out we're smooth. Rooms are nicely decorated, although they need a soap dish in the bathroom. 'Mini-bar' (water and soft drinks only) was complimentary.

Bed was comfortable, but the rooms were too warm. Breakfast was decent but nothing exceptional.

Location is great despite some construction in the area. Its easy to get to the city center by foot (if you want a 30 minute walk), tram or taxi. Multiple good options for food and drinks a short walk away. Hotel staff in the bar were great - ask for Erwin, he'll take good care of you.

Hotel gym has newer equipment but is pretty basic. Nice park is a 5 minute jog away, just use care getting there.

Room Tip: My room was next to the elevator and never had a noise issue
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Spent a week at the AC Hotel in late Oct/early Nov. Had a room that overlooked the train station (Garibaldi). The good news was that a metro stop was steps away. Also, trams ran nearby though I didn't use them. The bad news was the trains ran all night and some noise came at odd hours. The neighborhood is somewhat desolate - one restaurant next door (see my review for it) that was open for lunch and dinner. The Cimiterio was a block away, though it was not easily accessed due to major construction for the new metro line obstructing the entrance.

Was disappointed to discover that there was no concierge lounge or concierge floor at the hotel. As a platinum elite member, I usually am housed on that floor with access to the lounge.

Pleasant room, nicely appointed, though it was overly warm - I kept the window open most of the time except when the noise got to be too great. Did have ongoing problem with plumbing in shower - it would occasionally run from cold to scalding, then back to the temperature at which it was originally set.

Breakfast included in a spacious dining room on the first floor. Most mornings, the eggs were undercooked except one morning when they had turned green from sitting too long. Bacon was anywhere from underdone to raw. Waitstaff seemed to be more interested in clearing tables and setting them than in inquiring about guests needs. Lots of other goodies that you expect at a breakfast spread in Europe, so I never left hungry.

Bar and restaurant on ground floor was usually pretty empty. The service there was attentive, though an offer of water with my whisky came at a price that was not disclosed. Had dinner one night which was well prepared, though costly as most hotel dining rooms are.

Desk clerks were very helpful and patient with numerous questions. They serve as concierges as well, so one sometimes has to wait while check-in or check-out duties took precedence. On occasions when needed, taxis came quickly (2-4 minutes) though they always had the meter on when they arrived. Problems with the room were attended to quickly.

Bottom line - good hotel for a business traveler who can afford taxis or one who doesn't mind traveling to the tourist areas of Milan by public transportation. Trains from Garibaldi do run to Malpensa (MXP), though I didn't use that option given my travel schedule and other considerations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the train station.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice location, very helpful staff and very good food. They made my stay in Milan memorable.
is centrally located and accessible by metro, trams and cabs.the breakfast was super ,i am in love with the hot chocolate served there. its amazing to see the promptness of the staff even if im unable to communicate in Italian. i would recommend it to my friends .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo