“Loved it”
Review of AC Hotel Milano

AC Hotel Milano
Ranked #101 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This hotel isnt in the city centre, but its bloody close. You could just jump on the tram and it took you straight into the centre. On our first night we wanted to watch a sporting game and they arranged a local bar for us to show it. The next day it was raining and they supplied us with umbrellas for the day. Breakfast was great with a wide amount to choose from. I cant remember the name thought the restuarant thats next door was amazing!!! Highley recommend it. All the staff were polite and were happy to answer our questions etc Even looked up train times to lake como. I would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unclepatto

Reviewed November 14, 2011

AC Hotel was located close to the city centre. The rooms were great and the beds very comfortable. The main thing I was surprised about was the breakfast, they had a great range of options. They staff was very helpful with my needs, as I was there for a motobike show.
There was also a number of good restaurant in the area.
When I go back to Milano I will be staying here again.
cheers

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chefjohnny76
Reviewed November 12, 2011

After a long day of travelling the AC Milano was a delight. the front desk gave us a brilliant dinner reservation and organised a taxi. Check in and check out were quick and efficient. Room was very clean, very quite and well equipped. Mimi bar was free. Right by tram stop or about 13 euros into the centre of Milan (I guess you could have walked in around 30 mins). Breakfast was simple but plentiful with plenty of topping up. Very close to our offices but I would stay there again on my own time.

Room Tip: lifts are a little slow, but the view is worth it
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Juliab571
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed here over New Year. The room was spacious, clean and luxurious. The location was ideal to explore Milan. The only downsides were, unfortunately, the staff and the food. We ate in the hotel one night and the food was cold, the meat tough and fatty, and the dishes in general were very bland. We weren't expecting five-star quality, but I wouldn't serve that to my dog. The staff were polite but slightly indifferent and tended to stay in the background. Only one young man was overly helpful, the others tended to answer questions about the area with 'I'm not sure'. The hotel seems much more suited to business people rather than tourists, and we will be looking elsewhere for our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise R
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is an average hotel which is definitely too expensive for the type of service. The location is very good, close to Porta Garibaldi train/metro station and a good part of Central Milan.
I am a business traveler and my expectations are different than a casual leisure traveler.
Keep this in mind as you read this review.

The most disappointing thing in this hotel has been room service. Apparently the room service shuts down between 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm , during which time only 5 items are available - which I tried just to find out that the food quality was beyond average.

Then, air conditioning did not work in my room. I had to open the window to lower the temperature, only to get too much noise from street traffic.

Last, the price of the Internet. 80 Euros for 2 days internet and two people? The price is exorbitant and sounds like a bad joke.

All and all this is not a place I would go back to. There are other hotels in the vicinity to try before I even contemplate this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Makoglos
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed here towards the end of October and we had a decent stay. It's a business hotel, simply put. So the furnishing's all black and silver-ish and everyone's very professional. The location is a huge plus. It's about 5 minutes walk from Porto Garibaldi which is on the green line and 2 stops away from Milano centrale. There's also a metro entrance to the immediate left of the hotel.
The tram stop is barely a minute's walk away. There's a cafe right across the corner which looked decent but rather expensive from the outside, so we never really went in. AC Milano serves a decent buffet breakfast, so we took advantage of that and really tucked in. The bathroom and bathtub were quite large, given that it's Europe. No problems whatsoever. I would recommend it in a flash, but more because of its location than anything else.

Room Tip: Check the air-con before you settle in.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night in November 2011 after reading decent reviews about this hotel. For its price point, 110 euros, it offered excellent value for money even if the hotel is not right at the heart of town.

What we liked about the hotel:
- Flexible checking in/out time (we checked in at 10.30 am and checked out at 2 pm)
- Clean and well appointed rooms. We had a room on the 16th floor and the room was large.
- Comfortable beds
- Five minute walk to the Garibaldi transport hub which houses multiple metro and train lines (with trains departing to the Malpensa Airport). The Garibaldi metro station is 6 stops from the Duomo metro station.

Drawbacks
- Expensive internet connection (of all of the hotels that we stayed in Italy, this was the most expensive)
- Marriort reward members should note that their system is not integrated with the Marriort database as yet (they claim that it should be ready in come January)

For visitors coming by train, the hotel is very close to the Garibaldi station platforms. We accessed the hotel via platform 2, heading away from the station terminal and towards a staircase leading down. Take a left turn followed by a right turn and you should see a ramp and a flight of stairs leading up. There is a sign that reads via Tazzoli Monumentale at this turning. The hotel is right on top the ramp/stairs)

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms - they are larger
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple