“Very hip!”

nhow Milano
Ranked #29 of 431 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We really liked staying at this very hip hotel. It is not central but near an area Navagli which has a great night life with a lot of restaurantS and bars anda lot less tourists.
We had the standard room which is not huge but totally fine for one night and a cool design... The bathroom too had an interesting design.
Breakfast was good with a really big variety.
Cocktails in the bar in the evening were fantastic. Recommend black mojito.
About 30 mins from central station with metro and walking.
Recommend for couples and groups of friends.

• Stayed: July 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,047)

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were instructed to park in the rear of the hotel upon arrival only to be told the next morning that we were charged 25 euro. We were not given any notice/ information that we would be charged. I would suggest parking on the street in front of the hotel and walk the 20 meters. This somewhat ruined the stay for us.

Also, the reception was quite unhelpful and unwelcoming in their response to our requests for further information about the room, parking and internet. Definitely affected the cool vibe that has been created at the hotel.

Otherwise, very cool and edgy hotel

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bouvious
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for a night on our travels through Italy and were very pleased with it. I cant recommend staying here for anymore than a night or two which is why it was perfect for us.

Pros: The place looks like a gallery in some areas and pee-wees playhouse in others. We caught a well needed second wind after arriving here at midnight. Breakfast was free and the best free buffet style breakfast we've ever had. Mimosas and piles of fruit and bread. The room had its minor flaws but overall was comfortable.

Cons: Your kind of in the middle of nowhere. Its a good thing the hotel kept us entertained enough for the evening since there is nowhere to go. The bed was a bit stiff for my taste.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked at Nhow for a couple of nights whilst in Milan recently, it was very much a last minute booking and we just wanted somewhere nice to stay that wasn't to far away from the centre.

We got a taxi from the airport (Licante) which was about 30 Euro's as we didn't want to waste to much time on public transport. Check-in was quick but they did try to push for a room upgrade which we were not interested in. They also told us breakfast was included in the room rate and after eating breakfast the next day we found it wasn't and was an extra 16 Euro's each, which was annoying to say the least. The food was fine with lots of choice but definately not worth the price. Much better to go and get coffee and pastries from one of the places nearby.

The hotel is very designer throughout with lots of interesting spaces. As you approach the lifts in reception don't look if you don't like heights. Rooms are minimalist, clean and the bed was very comfortable, I had a good nights sleep both nights never waking once which is not normally the case when away from home.

The hotel is a bit of a walk from the nearest station and can be tiring getting there in the heat, however from there it is easy to get around on the Metro and is only about 15/20 mins to the Duomo.

If I visit Milan again I would probably book a hotel nearer to a Metro station, other than that I would have no hesitation going back (but would double check breakfast first).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at the Nhow Milano hotel during my recent trip to Milan for a conference.

I had looked at the brochure of the hotel and it was a treat for tired eyes when I stepped into the hotel lobby. Very very designer and chic hotel with similar rooms.

The corridoors are a little dark and each floor welcomes you with something unique....

I LOVED THE PLACE.

The food was also very nice though I must admit that most of it was already included in our Conference Plan, but it is definitely worth praising.

The staff was very warm and made me feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Anupam A
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I spent my first night in Milan at the Maison Moschino which cost twice as much as Nhow Hotel and was just a bit too cool for its own good - verging on being unwelcoming. Nhow, however, is just the right amount of cool and a really good value buzzy place to stay. My room was big and airy, the bed linen good quality and the breakfast included and fantastic (unlike Moschino where the breakfast may have been fantastic but was an extra 20 euro so I never found out). WiFi is not free, which is a pain, but otherwise I can thoroughly recommend this Milanese gem.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The design is definitely in the "interesting" category. It won't be everyones's cup of tea for sure, since it's quite contemporary.

As you approach the hotel it becomes obvious that this is not a fancy neighborhood. You can find 15-20 mins walk away restaurants and bars, but the environment is less than impressive. It looks a bit too industrial -no surprise, since the hotel looks like it was some kind of factory before. You arrive to the hotel through a tunnel that looks like it would be leading to an underground garage -instead, that's your hotel. The first impression is weird after this and seeing the plastic furniture outside (colorful, not inconvenient).

The lobby is fine, even impressive. The front desk is OK, nothing more, nothing less. They speak good English which is not a given in Italy, not even in restaurants etc. I had only very simple questions and requests and it worked just fine. At busy times however they don't care much who comes to the counter, who was first, who's queuing -you have to fight it out yourself.

Every floor has a bit different theme but the overall idea is the same: something unusual, without being shocking. The corridors are dark, it reminded me to some theme park attractions (the scary rides type of thing). The doors are black with white patterns on it, at a first glance it looks like graffiti.

The equipment in the room is OK. Everything is functional, industrial-art deco styles mixing, if that's your thing, you'll like it. The sizes of the rooms vary a lot among floors -I got a bigger one on the 4th floor which had extra space but others were not so lucky, I've been told their rooms were quite small, with not much space left besides the bed -this is second hand information but from multiple people (my colleagues). Everything works and it's clean enough (the industrial style has some dirtiness about it by default, eg. some concrete parts in the bathroom). The bathroom equipment works fine, their own branded things like shower gel are good -it seemed though that the shampoo and the shower gel are exactly the same in different bottles... Small luxuries in the room are the bidet and the fact that there's a power outlet next to the bed so you can charge your phone comfortably, unlike many other (much fancier) hotels... I also had both a ceiling shower (holes in the ceiling, interesting) and a handle. The shower has a half-transparent glass wall separating it from the bathroom, so I cannot recommend for sharing the room with people you don't want to look at taking a shower (at least the silhouettes). The minibar is expensive as always but this is the same everywhere (eg. a soft drink is 6 EUR which is ridiculous in Italy by any standard). Instead of a wardrobe, my room had a wardrobe-shaped area separate by see-through curtains, that had the hangers etc -interesting idea. The bed and the pillows however were one of the best I've experienced in a hotel, a perfect mix of soft and hard -this is obviously highly subjective though.

Breakfast is fine, the selection is good, but it's exactly the same all the time. There's enough stuff however, well distributed in the room, that the crowd is never extreme.

No lunch is available as far as I'm aware -not sure though since I was at a business trip where this was organized for us separately, but it seemed like it was no problem closing the whole restaurant down for us only at lunchtime... Same goes for dinner.

The staff is OK, but again, I had no outstanding requests so cannot comment on how they would react if I would have had a problem.

Overall, the hotel is OK with some interesting extra coming from the design but losing points in other areas like location. No reason not to stay here if you know about the downsides and OK with them.

Room Tip: 4th floor higher up rooms (412 and above) seemed to be bigger.