“Good Budget Choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #266 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Barcelona, Spain
“Good Budget Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here a few times since 2011 and only now getting around to writing a quick review. The hotel is close to the Centrale metro station - maybe a 10-15 minute walk. It's attached to another hotel called Hotel Eva, but they both share the same staff. The first time I stayed here I had a room upstairs from the main floor of the hotel. The room had a full size bed and a sink. The shared bathroom/shower were just down the hall and were always clean enough. During my next visits I stayed on the main floor and my rooms were nice for the price I was paying. These rooms were spacious, had clean hardwood (or maybe fake hardwood?) floors, a sink, desk, and bureau. Wifi worked well throughout the hotel.

The staff were always friendly with me and suggested a few nearby restaurants (the restaurant at the ground floor of the hotel building is pretty good). Down the street there are two small supermarkets, which I found convenient for buying snacks. The closest metro is about a ten minute walk away along safe, pleasant streets. You'll be just a few stops away from the city center. There is a large park - the public gardens - a few blocks away, too. It's nice place for walking and relaxing. If you want to walk to the Duomo it'll take you about 30 minutes.

I recommend this hotel for someone looking for an economically-priced hotel in Milan. I stayed here a few times, after all, and if I had disliked the place, I'd have found alternative lodgings. Barring the possibility that the hotel's quality has diminished since I stayed a couple years ago, I think that if you stay here with fair expectations - a clean bed and hotel with free wifi, but without much luxury - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you don't like the first room you are assigned, ask to see others. I found that some rooms we...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JoeMizoSoup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel was adequate but nothing more. The rooms were not very dirty or very clean, but clean enough to feel comfortable unless you go looking in the corners (mouldy corners in the shower was a bit offputting). The water takes a while to get hot, but it does eventually in the shower. The linens and towels smelled like they are cleaned with a very cheap vinegar based soap which didn’t smell great. The location is closish to the centrale station (10 min. walk), however that makes it also closer to train lines. You can hear (and even feel) trains passing by in your room which would make it hard for a light sleeper I imagine. Wifi was good. Overall OK, but definitely not luxurious or anywhere you would want to be other than for sleeping.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cad_gal
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

For the price i paid the hotel is great (because of location). But the room was clean enough. And the shower is not bad, but it better to book room with own shower! Feels pretty safe in the hotel, bcs there are many doors from the street till our room! And of course elevator - it very very funny because its smallest elevator i ever seen :)

• Stayed May 2014
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

As the title says, I have never felt so unsafe in a hotel before. Even though we were travelling with a tour group and I guess this place must have a deal going with these tours, my husband and I were so grateful to have only stayed here a night!
We had the ground floor room near the service desk and so it was always noisy with people coming in and out. The room did have a recent bathroom upgrade and water was hot (plus). However, being the ground floor and having a door that led outside we were so worried that someone could just open the door and come in!
The room smelt horrible and had a damp feel to it. I'm sure there are plenty of other nicer hotels to choose from in this historic city, perhaps avoid this one!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

Nimes, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was very very disappointed with this hotel.
I stayed in Milan last year in a "hostel" with one of my friend and we paid 8 euros for a 4 persons dorm, and it was more clean, and more cozy than this one.
I was on my way back home to France, and I wanted to sleep in a nice hotel, after 3 weeks on the road, sleeping on carpets and couches. I started looking for a hotel with wifi and Parking, and on booking.com, this hotel came up first...and what a joke! When I got it, I've realized how wrong I went with this, It's at the 4th floor, oh yes, there is a lift, for 2 persons max, which is never down.
The guys at teh reception were super nice and friendly though, but when I asked for the password they said " oh there is no wifi in your room, but you can sit on the couch next to me " ( yeah right) then I asked where to park my car and they answered " oh down in the street, it's illegal, but the cops never come" so really I was pissed off. then I went to the room, and as mentioned by others before, uncomfortable bed, crappy mattress, light bulbs missing, unbelievable ole furniture, noisy...
Really I've lived in hostels many times, and none of them was that bad, so 35euros a night for this? For your own sake look elsewhere, if your looking for a cheap stay go in a hostel ( a real one) and if you want a cozy stay, avoid this one, I think anywhere else would be better, I left at 8 am the next morning and that was the best part of my stay!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow, and sleeping bag, and mattress, and bed ;) and then maybe you'll have a g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cla_0302
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice budget hotel. But if you want go there, be sure that your credit card is good. We arrived there 23:30 and we were very confused because our reservation was canseled. Manager said they chek our card somehove and there was no money, so they cansel our reservation.(we have changed our card, but than we reserv hotel we dont have yet new card, and I call to hotel the day before we arrived to admit that we came tommorow). So we must sleep in another hotel, and only on the next day thay found hotel room for us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

+ friendly staff
+ pretty central, walking distance from the Central Station
+ very good price for Milan
+ great cheap Italian restaurant right next door

- you have no say whether you are booking hotel Arno, or Eva, even though both pose as hotel Arno on the web
- not a hotel, but really a hostel
- shabby, very bvious signs of wear
- unclear whether breakfast is included or paid for (3 EUR, but not worth it)

After reading the reviews here I confirm that they are true, especially the negative ones. The place is run like a hostel (they expect you to hand in your key when you go out). The lift is tiny, but it is an old house. The interior is shabby and quirky, but the bathroom and the room were clean - although the bathroom fixtures are on the worse side of wear. The AC worked fine. My room (in hotel Eva, number 6, right next to the bathroom) had a window that provided no view. Also, hotel Eva is accessed through a really narrow winding staircase, which is difficult to get a suitcase up. Totally unsuitable for people with impaired movement.
Basically, you get what you paid for. OK for a sleepover, but I would not recommend it for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Insist you want hotel Arno, not Eva.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo