“Not bad at all”

Hotel Nuovo Marghera
Ranked #189 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Located just outside Wagner Metro station, it is only 8 minute underground ride to the Duomo. There are some eateries near the restaurant with a good pizzeria that stays open till 1am just next door. There is also a Mc Donalds across the road, amongst other establishments. For those who prefer to use the bus, tram number 16 from Piazza Piemonte will take you directly to the Duomo.

Room is clean, decor very simple and small. Bed was confortable. Nice bathroom with a spacious shower. TV isn't good and only connects to few channels. Wi-FI isn't free and sells at a hefty €15 per day.

Staff was helpfull whenever I asked something. Breakfast included a small selection, nothing to write home about, pineapple juice was low quality and was the worst pienapple juice I ever tasted.

Price was reasonable at €55 per night for a single room in Milan. Considering you're in Milan and location is good, I wouldn't mind returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank noble-taste
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nuovo Marghera

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Nuovo Marghera in Milan for 4 nights in September 2012.

On the second day, when I requested the concierge to assist me with a car rental reservation, the gentleman at the counter very kindly directed me to the phone booth in the lobby to place the call myself.

The next day, I required assistance from the concierge again, this time with a restaurant reservation. Instead of troubling the, I thought I would make the call myself and went to the same booth to make that call.

When I stepped out of the booth after the call, the concierge asked me to pay for the call.

I agreed to do so but politely pointed out that I was not aware the calls were chargeable since the previous concierge directed me to make the call myself. So I suggested (again politely) that for future reference, he should tell guests in advance.

He then became very rude. He asked if I thought it was his fault. Again, being polite, I said it was not his fault but a misunderstanding. But he then went on to point out that he wanted to me to acknowledge it was not his fault and made it clear he thought it was my fault that I was not aware of any charges payable. I told him firmly his attitude was not appreciated, after which I left. But another colleague came along and they spoke loudly in Italian saying that I should not have expected the call to be free and that I was unreasonable. When I replied I understood what they were saying, they said in English "Good for you!"

The attitude of the staff at the concierge is simply not acceptable.

While most hotels charge for local calls, these hotels would: (1) state clearly that local calls were chargeable; and/or (2) bar the lobby phone from being able to make local calls and restrict the same to room calls only.

Further, all reputable hotels would assist its guests with reservations at no charge.

More importantly, I had been very polite and did not deserve the concierge's attitude about whose fault it was, or any sarcastic comments within earshot.

This is the rudest and worst attitude I have ever received in any hotel of any grading.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at Nuovo Marghera in July of 2012. We were in Milan for a wedding and a some sight seeing. Nuovo Marghera is a great hotel for the price. It's a little cheaper than other hotels but it deson't lack in basic needs. We stayed on the second floor and had a good sized room, extremely comfortable bed, good sized bathroom, amazing water pressure, and very good air conditioning. This hotel also has a breakfast included with your stay that is definitley worth eating. It's not huge but is very good and has many options of food. The espresso and Blood Orange Juice were probably my favorites. The Hotel staff couldn't have been nicer or more accomadating, espeically the front desk staff. The afternoon into evening front desk person and the mid morning person were an absolute delight.They both were very helpful on how to get places, where to go for certain things, and to use their internet to check in for flights, etc. The hotel is located about 1-2 minutes from the Metro stop and in an area that has a lot of good resturants and bars. We were very happy with our stay there and would definitley recommend Nuovo Marghera to anyone else going to Milan. .

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor seem to have the best air conditioning. There is no pool or fitness cente...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mmraggett
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It is great location and <2 min to the metro stop. The room rate was great but it is a littler further out from main attractions. The hotel was going through some renovations so the hallway was a little clutter. The room was clean but need some updating, hence the renovations that were taking place. Breakfast was included and was good. There aren't too many restaurant choices around the property.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Situated close to the red line of the metro, this hotel is both good value, and within a pleasant area of the city. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the vicinity, and yet not so close to the centre as it make it expensive. The rooms are clean and the owners are in the process of updating some of the accommodation. Breakfast is fine, with all the usual cold buffet items. Well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clare R
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in April and this proved to be somwhere to rest at night, nothing more. The room (503) itself was very basic and could probably do with a bt of updating, and the noise from the street outside was a bit distracting. The breakfast was fine, being a continental buffet and items were replenished as soon as they ran out which was good. The staff generally were helpful and the location is great,near to several bars and just a few yards from a metro only a couple of stops from the Duomo. I don't think they can justify 15 euros for 24 hrs of wi-fi though (we didn't use this because of the price).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Be careful with your deposit for the first night , because they don t unblock your money. Ask for a paper when you leave to show for your bank. When you arrive you pay also for reservation. Your minibar it s on lobby , not in the room . Staff was helpful .

Room Tip: I ask for a superior room , but i think i receive a STD one. No noise with a view in a backside .
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business