“Good hotel, useful location”
Review of Hotel Colombia

Hotel Colombia
Ranked #170 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was a bit apprehensive of this place after reading the comments here, but found it perfectly OK for a business trip where I spent very little time in the room.

The outside temperature was 30-35 degrees for the few days I was there and the AC was perfectly able to keep the room cool during the evening and nights.

The breakfast is decent; fresh croissants, cold meats, yoghurt and scrambled eggs. The coffee sitting out was OK, but you can also request coffee from the kitchen staff.

The service isn't happy smiley, but it's not rude.

If you want to find the BBC on the TV, go to channel 1 and hit the channel down button.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Aaron B

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had an overnight stay in Milan and needed to catch an early train so I walked around the area looking for a hotel. I passed many but something compelled me to go into the Hotel Colombia. The guy on the front desk gave me a better than advertised rate. The room was on the first floor and easily accessible. I was truly amazed when I got inside. The room was small which didn't bother me because I was a female traveling alone. It was modern, very clean, the bed was comfy, it had wonderful toiletries (Fragonard), lots of towels, slippers, and room service with reasonably priced choices. I travel to Milan frequently and I'm happy to say I've found my go-to hotel!

Room Tip: I don't know what it's like to stay on a higher floor, but the first floor is excellent if y...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MaxieNYC
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We thought this hotel would be fantastic for an apparent 4 star hotel! The rooms was very clean but small!! The air con is a joke! The room was very hot! I went and complained and was told that the technician was coming to fix the problem ( sounded like a very good lie)although the lobby was very well air conditioned!! The staff weren't the friendliest either! We stayed at the hotel Berna around the corner a couple days a go and that was fantastic! We were upset we couldn't stay there but they were fully booked! Stear clear of the Colombia and book at the Berna around the corner!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Shaynet07
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Customer,
thank you for your message, it's very important for us to know when guests are not satisfied. We apologize for the inconvenience and we inform you that the air conditioning is working perfectly in all rooms and public spaces. We hope to have you again as our guest in the future!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

The hotel was at a great location near the central station. The service was always friendly, rooms were clean and cosy, the breakfast was variant and tasty. I would choose the hotel again when travelling back to lovely Milan!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pinja K
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Recently stayed at the Colomiba Hotel as part of 3-day rail trip booked out of Zurich and found it to be a good location with easy accessability to both the main railway and underground stations. It is rated as 3.5 stars in the rail travel guide and that is what I found it to be a decent tourist class hotel. Asked for a quiet room overlooking the courtyard and this was no problem for the desk staff who I found to be extremely pleasant and helpful during our stay. Our room on the third floor was a reasonable size, minimalist decor, clean carpet (v. important!) with a long narrow bathroom decked out in marble - all spotlessly clean. The shower cabin is quite small and could be a problem for larger bodies however (you might want to request a room with a bath). Had a drink outside in the courtyard area and can imagine that it would be particularly nice in the warmer months. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby which offer great food at decent prices . One great patisserie/cafe/restaurant is right on the corner next to the railway station - great for a coffee and a fantastic panini or pizza. Would I use the Colombia again? most definitely - in fact enjoyed Milan so much am planning another trip before returning to Australian in March.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AussieAbroad13
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Just returned from a weekend in Milan where I stayed at the Colombia Hotel. I chose the hotel primarily for it's proximity to the central train station. The room was clean and good suitable enough for someone who isn't planning in spending a lot of time in the room. The bathroom was nice and clean and appeared to be fairly updated. The room had air conditioner, but considering it was close to 100 degrees farenheit/35 degrees Celsius this past weekend, the room unfortunately wasn't as cool as one would like. Overall I think the hotel suited my needs and I the staff were friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a farily inexpensive hotel close to the the central train station, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ALeJune
Reviewed April 20, 2010

this rather characterless hotel is a poor choice.

man at reception was outrageously rude (and i don't complain without good reason).

Bathroom smelt horrible,

'free' wifi with only one bar of reception,

Noisy and difficult to sleep

And generally a bit dull

avoid this place at all costs and then maybe they'll feel the need to pick up their game!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business