“The staff make this place”

Milano Hotel America
Ranked #301 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The only thing good about this hotel is the staff. They are friendly and helpful but the hotel itself was not great. The rooms were small, there were 5 of us and it looked like they had squeezed an extra 2 beds in to save another room! It's not in a great location, bus ride away from the centre. It also took us a while to get from this hotel from the train station as the directions weren't great. It was also noisy during the night and there are 2 toilets and one shower between 10 rooms. Wouldn't be back here anytime soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank avidfoodie123

Reviewed June 24, 2013

- Nice and kind staff
- Clean
- Bedroom too hot in the summer
- Transports by night are limited (but in milan seems that is that way for everywhere)... but there are many buses nearby to the center during the day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Seabra_13
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was one of the worst hotel I ever been to. It was a building-place with a lot of noise from traffic
and from house restoration. We could not be there more than one night. Air conditioning was an old blower in the ceiling which turned off when the light was turned off. The two bathrooms were divided between the 10 hotel rooms and dirty.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ELRMilano
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I think this hotel may have had a change of owners since the previous reviews because this is such an awesome hotel for a budget one! Friendly staff- when my card didn't work to get cash out at the atm, he didn't charge me a transaction fee. Also, on the day of our departure we had a late train to catch that night, and the manager kindly looked after our luggage for no extra fee whilst we went out for the day! The wifi was really good as well. Our rooms and bathroom was cleaned daily. Thank you Hotel America for making our stay in Milano extra enjoyable!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean and safe. Staff is very friendly. Good location: it takes 15-20 min to walk to the centre and busses and trams leave right in front of the hotel. Breakfast didn't meet our expectations of a hotel breakfast.

1  Thank Ilari L
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have booked 3 bed private ensuite room however when we arrived we were told that there were no ensuite rooms in at the hostel. None at all! So why do they have ensuite rooms available for booking online? Otherwise very nice owner, location is okay (about 20 mins walk to the Duomo) and the hostel is clean enough. There is only one shared shower amongst 4-5 rooms (that I could see - there may be more) and that can cause some chaos in the morning and the walls are very thin... And terrible beds (you could feel the spring poking you) in our room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here in August 2011 for four nights, my first impression was that it was a bit 'digny' due to it all being on one floor and the rooms being very cramped, although I did feel welcome during my stay, the staff were all friendly and were there to help whenever i needed any. The view from my window was a joke, it was a building site, and I think the hotel was part of it, the floor beneath my room and to the side had been taken away, and it seemed tht my room was somehow floating. Thankfully there were no construction workers during my stay. The location seemed a bit rough at night, but was only one tram ride away from the city centre which was very useful. Even with these mixed points, I would definately stay here again due to the price and location, as long as my room is clean (which it was) i don't mind where I stay, so I'd love to visit Milan again and I think because Ive been here before I'd pay "Hotel" America a visit again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends