“Great Stay !!”

Ranked #32 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
“Great Stay !!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spent a night with my family here with 2 rooms. The room is spacious and serving a good variety of breakfast. 5 minute walk from bus stop, easy to travel around in Milan. Friendly and helpful staff. We were even served by Michael with a tea break before we made our move to Milan Centrale for our the next stop of the trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I arrived at the hotel in mid afternoon on August 31. I was hot and had a heavy case. Valentina, at reception was really helpful…even carrying my case up to the room. This was great - just what I needed. The room had television, a hair dryer and free wifi, which Valentina and her colleague helped me access. I was advised on nearby restaurants and buses/trams into the city centre - just minutes away. The hotel is located on a pretty square, which is busy with local residents and a flower stall in the corner. I really enjoyed my stay here, and wouldn't hesitate to book again. It is SUCH good value. A big thank you to all the staff. Until next time...

Room Tip: I couldn't really help with this, since I was there for one night only...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank urbanfinch
Lake Munmorah, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. We found the hotel to be well situated to sights and transport. The staff were fabulous, they couldn't do more for us. The staff understood English and were extremely helpful with our many questions. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the staff made our experience pleasurable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KerryM2711
Malta
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having just come back from a 5 night stay at the 22 Marzo hotel, I can safely say that they exceeded all our expectations. Michele and his family run this property perfectly. Their hospitality and friendliness is certainly something one cannot put a price tag on. Having arrived a few minutes before the room was ready, Michele treated me and my two travelling buddies to an espresso and a bottle of water. He also gave us a map, and told us how to get around with the local transport etc. There's a bus stop in the square just outside the hotel. Buses run every 4-5 mins all day till late. It takes about 10 mins to get the Duomo by bus, or a 20 min walk. We opted for the latter choice most of the time as its a pleasant stroll, there are plenty of shops along the way, and its a great way to people watch. If you're visiting to watch a football game, it takes about 45 mins, by public transport, to get to San Siro. The staff at the hotel will tell you how to get there.

The room was spacious, and it came with an en suite bathroom. Rooms were cleaned everyday, and towels changed too. WIFI in the room never let us down, and the AC was a godsend. An elevator is also available.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise too! Normal, affordable, hotels in Italy usually have a limited selection of items on the buffet. This 2 star property however has 4 different types of cereal, 3 different types of croissants ( or brioche as the Italians refer to them), 2 different pastries (usually a jam tart and a pain au raisin), a nice selection of bread, as well as cheese and ham. Creamy cheese was also available, nutella and other jams, as was a toaster and a microwave. There was a juice dispenser with orange and multivitamin, and 2 other juices in their carton pack. It is a small dining area, but this never proved to be an issue for us, as a table was always readily availble.

A number of restaurants are also in the vicinity of the hotel. A Mc Donalds outlet is a 2 min walk from the hotel, but a 10 min walk away is another family run trattoria which Michele recommended. This restaurant has a special lunch & dinner set-menu, available only for the guests staying at the hotel. The dinner one is priced at €15, consisting of a choice of 3 different pasta as a starter ( a substantial portion), and for mains, its either meat or fish, with a side order of potatoes ( heavenly) or vegetables. Ice-cream was always served to us as dessert, with coffee and liquors after that. The liquor bottle, ice-cold, was always left on our table to help ourselves.

Michele also arranged to have a taxi pick us up on the day we checked out. We simply cannot thank these people enough for their superb hospitality, and we will certainly opt to stay here the next time we're in Milan. Grazie Mille!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Drew B
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I looked for an affordable hotel close to the city center of Milan, and was pleasantly surprised by the 22 Marzo Hotel! It is clean, well-kept, and close to the tram stop. The best feature, though, is the helpfulness of the owner/manager. He could not have been more accommodating - he answered every question we had and even walked us to the corner to show us where to get the tram ticket. I definitely recommend this hotel as an alternative to bigger and more expensive places...it's great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

In 2008 I had the most marvelous experience at the Hotel 22 Marzo on a tour of Europe. I stayed briefly at the hotel in Milan on my way from Chambery to Florence. The owner was so kind, that he found me a bottle of white Milanese wine for the next leg of my journey, out of the goodness of his heart!

The rooms were comfortable, clean and the hotel is very well maintained, providing breakfast in the morning. I give it a 5 star rating, as an off-the-beaten-path, hidden GEM!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for 2 nights but the service we had was fantastic.All our questions had been answered.we got a bottle of wine. The room was queit big for us. they changed the towels. It is not far away from the citycenter. Absolutely worth's its price.Recommend it everyone.