“Nice stay in Milan”
Review of 22 Marzo Hotel

22 Marzo Hotel
Ranked #64 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a fab time at Hotel Marzo 22. Michael and the rest of his team were extremely helpful and very funny.

Location wise. It is about a 15 walk to the duomo but we suggest taking the tram. A day pass for all public transport costs €4.50.

Overall a great place to stay for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

First of all for the price this place is wonderful. I was there for almost for a week because I had a congress. Very well situated, 20 min to the Duomo. Clean and very good service from the staff! I will definitely come back and recommend it to everyone! Easy to arrive from the train station.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank traveler84_05
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Exceeded my expectations for a budget hotel. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Good spread for breakfast too. The staff was also very friendly and ever ready to help. It is also a few stops from the duomo (the tram and bus station is just a few steps from the hotel). I highly recommend this if you are travelling on a budget or if you wish to save your money for shopping.

They could however do some work on the slow drainage in the shower (corner 4 bedroom on the 2nd floor).

1  Thank pointandshoot
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband and I for two nights - one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end. It was a good value and I did find the room the be no frills, but clean and spacious. Our room had a typical tiny European shower in it and there was a no fan/AC. I found the front desk staff to be nice overall and they do offer breakfast in the morning for 5 Euros per person, which we were not able to take advantage of.

This hotel is not in the exact center of the city, but you can get there easily from the central train station by taking the #60 bus. It is about a 20-30 minute walk from the hotel to the Duomo. A word of warning: I followed the hotel's directions and took the express train from the airport to the Navona train station. I was led to believe that the #27 tram and #60 bus were right outside the station, which they weren't. I was incredibly disoriented, felt lost and ultimately had to take a cab and the person at the front desk couldn't understand why I had a preoblem. You are much better off arriving via express bus at Central station and hopping right on the bus. ALSO you have to bus bus/tram tickets (which seem to never be checked) at a local convenience store or kiosk. There are no ticket booths.

This hotel is a decent value for the money if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SJC1020
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just stayed at Hotel 22 Marzo and quite glad that I did. Off a small piazza on a main road it's a useful location for exploring the city, well serviced by buses and trams to train station, duomo etc. No road noise either.

The staff are terrific and all speak strong English. They're all very friendly, hospitable and able to help with anything.

Rooms are not big, but clean and well looked after. Bathrooms are probably the only issue as they are confined and oddly shapes. Still serviceable though.
Walls to hallway are a bit thin too, bit of a noise but not noticeable after a while.

Breakfast was great. Nice coffee, brioche, cereal, yoghurt, toast and sliced cheese and meat.

Would recommend staying here and will do so again if I return to Milan.

Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank 94DavidJ94
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For the price of this hotel I was really happy with this hotel. I had done a lot of research previously of hotels in Milan that was within my budget and this one had good reviews. So I put my trust in that and booked this hotel. I arrived at the Central Station and found the bus I needed (can't remember the number). It didn't take long and stopped close to the church which is less than a minute walk to the hotel. On check in the receptionist (I didn't catch his name) was really friendly and helpful. He took time to get the highlighters out on a map of Milan to highlight sightseeing spots, shopping spots and recommended restaurants, I used this map for my 3 days in Milan.

The room was basic, but this was what I was expecting, and after all what I wanted. The hotel was only going to be a base for my sightseeing. It was clean and a good size for a single room. The bathroom was also a comfortable size, the shower cubicle a bit small, but the shower had good pressure and maintained a good temperature. The air con in the room worked well and quickly. I couldn't find any English channels on the TV, but it was just for some background noise as I was getting ready for bed - I wasn't there to watch TV after all. The safe in my room didn't work, it just needed to be reset I think, but I didn't have much valuables so they stayed with me. The chair in the room was a little worn and the drawer on the desk had a hole. But I didn't need to use this and the desk itself was fine.

I found the bed to be really comfortable though, both nights of my stay I had a really good nights sleep. There was a good selection for breakfast, enough to keep you going and they'll make fresh tea and coffee for you. The building had scaffolding round it. The only time I heard something (and this was only because I opened the window) was on the Monday morning. With the window closed I didn't hear anything. I'm not sure how much longer it will be there for, but if you're there just to sleep and shower it wouldn't disturb you.

Overall a great location as the buses and trams are so close. The main road has shops and cafes, everything you need within a good distance. I was very pleased with this stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aisha K
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is near the main street Corso Marzo 22 but the entrance is from a small lateral street near a beautiful church, Santa Marria del Suffragio. A tram and bus station to everywhere is just 50 m from the hotel.
Our room was basic but comfortable, very clean, with a view to the large piazza. With the acoustic isolated windows closed was very quiet. At end May we didn't need air conditioning.
The only drawback was that from our room the water pipe from the next room made a lot of noise in the first night. After this we woke up earlier and maybe our neighbors had a problem…
The breakfast was very good.
Michele is a very good host, very friendly and helpful. He gave us maps, explanations, good tips about what and when to see, eat, etc.
All around, is a good hotel, with very good service and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple