See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Town House 31 is pretty much perfect. Excellent rooms, free wifi, great sunny courtyard and an ample continental breakfast. Plus the service is brilliant.

I stayed in room 301 which had a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Kept my balcony doors open - it was silent throughout the night.

A bit of a walk to the centre (20 mins) but it's enjoyable and through a nice area.

Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011
TownHouse_Italy, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at TownHouse 31, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Madame/Sir,
we would like to thank you very much for the review that you have sent us. We are proud to read all your comments and to improve every day. We hope to welcome you again in our Unique Home in the centre of Milan. Head of PR TownHouse Collection

Reviewed May 31, 2010

Town House 31 isn't quite as close to the Duomo as I wanted, but the walk to the center was gorgeous, the hotel immaculate, and the staff outstanding. The design of this "hotel" is modern with all of the amenities that you could ask for. I've already started telling my friends to stay here. You should too.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
TownHouse_Italy, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at TownHouse 31, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Madame/Sir,
we would really like to thank you very much for the review that you have left. We are very happy about the quality that we were able to offer you. We hope to see you again in the near future and to welcome you in our Unique Home in Milan. Head of PR TownHouse Collection

Reviewed November 19, 2009

Very nice public areas, very friendly & helpful staff - everything's great until you get to the rooms. The rooms looked terrible, ours were tiny & boiling hot - nothing I did seemed to get the temperature down. Awful, old shower (though my colleague apparently had a great shower in his room), TV from the 70s. Wires all over the place. I have not the vaguest clue how this place got on the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, which I normally trust. Shame, because the communal breakfast table, atmosphere & staff were all very nice.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
TownHouse_Italy, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at TownHouse 31, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

Dear Sirs, we apologize yet again for the outcome of your stay at Town House 31. We are learning from our mistakes every day. We hope in the future to offer always a better service.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

A wonderfull Stay in Milan, at Townhouse 31 .It is nxt to the center and not so far to Linate Airport. With a taxi the city center is reachable quickly.......Thank You Alivin and Elly......
Great i'll be back soon.

Dear Madame/Sir,
we would like to thank you very much for the great review that you have left. We are pleased to read any suggestion and to learn how to satisfy our Guests. We hope to see you again in the future and to welcome you in our Unique Home in Milano.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

The decor of this hotel was nice: minimalistic, beige, reminded me of a spa; but I would not call it 'luxurious' by any means. The room was very basic. The breakfast was simple but the food was fresh (not always the case at a continental-style breakfast). The staff was pleasant, especially Alvin.

The greatest frustration was that the website claims, "In close proximity to the hotel, the Metro station connects to the most important spots in town." THIS IS NOT THE CASE! The nearest Metro station is Porta Venezia, which was at least a 15 minute walk (at a fast pace). Milan is a very big city, and it is impossible to walk everywhere - one must use the Metro, so I found it very inconvenient that the nearest station was so far away. I had emailed the hotel before arrival to confirm the proximity of the Metro, but I did not receive a reply. I took a leap of faith that the positive reviews I had read would prove worthwhile.

The neighborhoods between the station and the hotel are residential and quiet, which was a little unsettling late at night as no one was around but us. The single advantage of this hotel's location is that it is only several blocks away from the excellent outlet store: Il Salvagente, located at Via Bronzetti, 16 (turn left out of the hotel, take the first right and it is down several blocks on the right). www.salvagentemilano.it

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple