“Solid Hotel, Great Location”

Hotel Romana Residence
Ranked #178 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed November 28, 2012

For the rates charged, this hotel is well worth the money in an expensive city.

The room was comfortable, though not luxurious and the complimentary breakfast was more than I expected.

More importantly, the location is excellent, a short walk or cab ride from the Duomo and the Last Supper. I'm not sure I could stay for an entire week but for my short two-night stay in Milan, I got plenty of bang for my buck.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the star rating, and was highly disappointed when I checked in. The outside looked okay, but the inside was far from a 4-star standard. The lift was tiny, itcould only accomodat two people along with one large suitcase at a timewhich meant repeat trips between our room and the lobby to bring up our luggage. The lift also had nosensorso closed kn my arm whilst I was trying to haul out my luggage. The room was book for two people and had two bathrooms & two rooms. There were a few random dormant doors, not surewhat the purpose of these were! The room was ugly and out-dated; the furnishings and decor looked like they were straight of of the 70's or 80's? Not at all what i paid for pr wanted from a hotel in the fashion capital of the world! I decided to grin and bear it, but breakfast the next day was equally as bad as the decor....there was minimal choice and it was quite unappetising. I had coffee and went in search of an alternate breakfast cafe on the second and third mornings i spent in Milan. Unless you want a stale room, with poor quality service and unpalatable breakfast, avoid this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. My host paid the bills, so i cannot speak to price but it seemed to be about 150 e a night. My room was large but weird. there was a kitchen area as you entered but no fixtures. So, what was the space for? The bathroom was clean and on the small side. Nice products on the sink. Breakfast was extremely fast and attentive. Lobby was nice. The location is a bit of a walk from the Duomo. All in all, it was fine but unremarkable.

Room Tip: Avoid street side
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dpatters
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

And by winter I mean 74F in the first week of October. They don't even have any spare fans for guests who find the rooms too hot and stuffy. The room is otherwise fine. The front desk is just too obnoxious. In general hotels in Europe are just a joke, overcharging and gorging money from tourists in the name of preserving their heritage and I proudly say that this hotel is just a part of the same league. When we asked for some air circulation, maintenance came, tried, and the some sparks came out of the HVAC unit. They refused to change our room. All night we had to keep the unscreened window open and in the process a few mosquitos feasted on our un-slept bodies. As far as I understand climate and weather, if there are mosquitoes, ITS NOT WINTER! A pro is that the breakfast was pretty varied (bread, cafe, tea, pastries, whole fruit) and when asked, they gave my wife gluten free bread. The water pressure in the shower was GREAT and it was the hottest water we got in Europe.

1  Thank Varun S
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good location. Rooms are small and require renovation, water stays in the bath tube for 20 mins after you leave it. Breakfast is good. But it was quite expensive and did not look like 4* hotel at all.

Room Tip: Don't book rooms at discounted price
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days. I found the l location of the hotel to be ok as we got subway tickets. We were there for the F1 so it did not matter anyways. We did listen to other people advice and lick up all valuables when we left the room even for breakfast. We found the front room service to be fine. I went to them daily for bandaids and they were very accomodating

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The four stars are somewhat outdated since the hotel is not of top standard. Breakfast is good if you like Italian sweet pastries, but is not up to normal expectations (one piece of ham and one piece of cheese, where is the salami?). The elevators are not for anyone who is claustrofobic. Rooms are ... different. High ceilings, wardrobes from some modern era and old cupboards. All in all this is a perfect place if you want a hotel with central location since everthing is "around the corner".

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business