“GREAT seafood”

Neighborhood: Centro Storico
Bonn, Germany
“GREAT seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was so much better than we expected! It doesn't have the most beautiful design and doesn't look super romantic and fancy, but the food was one of the best we have ever had! We almost had a food coma! My dish was a pasta with lobster and I couldn't have made a better choice. To score even more points, when we got our bill it was cheaper than we expected! It has a very good value for money, specially for seafood.

• Visited August 2013
Gianluca T, Proprietario at Ristorante Sottomarino, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Client,
Thank you for taking the time to review on your recent visit to the Restaurant Sottomarino. I am absolutely delighted to read such wonderful praise on the quality of our seafood. The fish is delivered fresh every day in order to excel the taste and quality of dishes. I do hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you again to Sottomarino. Regards

“Fresh fish. Extraurdinary cooking. Very welcoming stuff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

A lovely place situated just in front of Arco Della Pace in Milan. The location is very comfortable because it's a bar/aperitif/Coctail area of Milan, so once finished your drink and feeling ready for dinner Sottomarino is just two footsteps over there.
Came there by chance the first time and brought many of my friends there later. Each dish you take is really extrauordinary, good choice of wines and welcoming stuff: Gianluca - the owner of the place and Rodrigo the waiter who served us always fastly and with a smile.
After we finished the dinner Gianluca kindly offered us some particular kind of "amaro". Just delicious !!!
So if you are in Milan and want to taste some good food and atmosphere visit Sottomarino :)

• Visited November 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Thanks to tripadvisor my friends and I found this fancy seafood restaurant in Milan.
The owner, the chef and the staff make you feel very welcome with a great service.
We all shared as appetizers the "Plateau Royale" and the "Shrimp Salad" we highly recommend them! Both were great.
For the main course we had the "Imperial Grill" and the "Fried Calamari and Shrimp". They were equisite.
And for dessert we had the homemade Gelato. We all agreed it was the best ice-cream we had ever tasted, and they have a great variety. I personally recommend the flavor "Nociotella", it was delicious!
The enviroment at Sottomarino is really nice and it has a great view, right in front of the Arco della pace.
I totally recommend it!

1 Thank Mariana C
Milan, Italy
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I've been in Sottomarino few days ago for a dinner with firend. It was nice to discover that despite being in a fashionable and crowded sqaure, the restaurant was really quite and elegant. Having said that, I recommend this place becasue of the fresh-cooked food (in particular the Tuna) and richly plates. It's worth it.

Singapore, Singapore
1,077 restaurant reviews
“Seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This place is a pain to get to. Near the Arch of Peace, if one is taking the metro, the closest stop is Cardona, and a good 20-25 minute walk to Piazza Sempione. Once there, the ocean decor may calm you down a bit. The restaurant specializes in seafood so when you compare to the great seafood places of the world, it's not a standout and probably 3.5 stars. Was intrigued by their sea urchin starter and ordered that. What came was the tiniest baby sea urchin I have ever seen with the most minute of morsel. The Japanese would laugh till they cry if they saw this. The Riesling I ordered was average . I had the cod main, cooked 3 ways. It was ok, and the portions were smallish. My friend ordered the grilled platter and what came looked like a giant plate of seafood. But when my friend got down to it, the individual pieces were quite small and easily finished. We opted for ice cream cones next door which also seemed to be owned by the same person

Visited August 2013