“Bait and switch policy. Extremely unhelpful customer service”

and 1 more site!
BBHotels Residenza Bocconi
Ranked #29 of 271 Specialty Lodging in Milan
Redwood City, California
“Bait and switch policy. Extremely unhelpful customer service”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I booked 3 weeks prior to arrival. Immediately (within 10 minutes) I changed my mind. I called and the hotel refused to cancel citing a strict cancellation policy. I decided to go with it. 24 hours before arrival, I receive an email stating that they were changing my reservation to another hotel. We go to that hotel and were told it was another site and walk there. This third place was a dump with no wifi and in a sketchy area. This was clearly a bait and switch x 2 policy. For a company that refused to cancel my reservations 10 minutes after booking, they were complete irresponsible and unethical. STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: Book somewhere elsewhere
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Louise32956

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever experienced. We arrived at the hotel 20:10 which was just 10 minutes after check-in closing time. Then Hotel people said that there is no possiblity for us to check-in due to late arrival. She also said that I should have made phone call and as there was no phone call from me, they cancelled my reservation as "no show". Yes, probably it was my mistake that I haven't made one phone call. But the delay was due to trafic jam at the highway gate and the delay was only 10 minutes! (I have two children and therefore they should know it"!) If it is check-in of the flight, it is natural. But it is check-in of the hotel which I made reservation. Actually I am a frequent traveller and stayed at many different hotel in the many different countries and cities. But it was my first time to have such an experience. Normally the hotel people make phone call from them or they accept late arrival. Also I would like to point out their rude attitude. Although I booked two night, I would not like to stay the second night. (We found much better hotel, with almost the same room charge).
After that Booking.com negotiated with this hotel for total refund but the hotel did not agree. It means that we lost money. But I believe that it was better for us not stay this hotel as we enjoyed pleasant stay in Milan. This hotel is rather less expensive one but I can say still not worth for the cost.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Yoshiki T
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed December 29, 2013

During 2013 Christmas I was accommodated with my family, at BBHotels Residenza Bocconi. The people from the reception were really nice and helpful – they said there are refurnishing and the kitchen is the next on the list. The reception is closed during the night. The hotel is very well connected to the city center by tram 15 and within 10-30 minutes walk from the hotel you can find good places to shop (Carrefour market plus local shops), eat and socialize. We were accommodated in the main building on Via Teulie 7 (which was not the building from the hotel’s ads). The room and bathroom are pleasant and ok for 4 people; the lingerie and towels were immaculate – but for covering in the night there is just a blanket covered by a sheet which is really not hygienic or practical, especially for the families with children – we noted this with a big NO. If the room and bathroom are pleasant, THE KITCHEN IS TERRIBLE – smells hideous and we saw a bug… The kitchen is equipped only with tableware, plates, glasses and some saucepans. The other guests were very noisy until 4 am… So overall the stay was not very pleasant, you could find better. The cleaning is once at 2 days – the sheets and towels are changed, but the floor cleaning was superficial. At the bathroom are provided soaps, shower gel, hairdryer. The city tax is not included in the rooms rate (2 euro/pers/day).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with new kitchen furniture, faced to the inner yard.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank foosa03
Helsby
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We booked a 5 bed apartment for a three night stay for my mother, three sisters and I through booking.com. When we arrived we were told there was no 5 bed apartment available and were given 3 separate rooms which meant one of our party was on their own. This was not what we booked and not what we wanted. The receptionist who dealt with us made it clear she did not understand what our problem was in fact she was the most rude person I have had the displeasure to meet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbie0814
Lithuania
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Convenient location - just few tram stops from Duomo, friendly staff.
Kitchen equipment is very poor - no electric kettle, no microwave. The main problem though is absence of kitchen knife, so how can we use kitchen if there are no tools to prepare food?
But overall good value for your money, would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aleksandr S
Brisbane
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What do you call a self contained apartment with
* no toaster
* no kettle
* no tea towels
* no plug in sink
* no detergents to wash up
* no dish cloth
* no wine glasses
* no bottle opener or cork screw
The shower is good for people of slim build, short arms. I'm 80kgs and 180cm.
The mark of any business is what they do when you make a complaint. This crowd did nothing and tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.

When asked about the advertising of self contained, the receptionist said that's the way Italians live. She told me I had everything an Italian family would use in the kitchen. Those poor Italians. Do they all have to push the cork into the wine bottle like I did?

I should have stayed in the cheap 2 star hotel near Centrale. They included breakfast for half the price.

Obviously no washing machine- We had one in Barcelona.

What did receptionists do before they had earphones? Work maybe!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and by the sounds of things all BB Hotels.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dan K
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed in BB Residenzia hotel for 3 days. The apartment was spotlessly clean, furniture new and comfortable. Staff very helpful, we were given explanation about every thing in the room, and was even helpful to show our way around Milan. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: It will be very helpful if there is any signposts to show the way to the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family