“Great place for meat lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 66 Steakhouse Navigli - CLOSED

66 Steakhouse Navigli
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Navigli
Description: Meats of the finest quality American, South American, Australian and Italian sausage Italian and Spanish, an extensive wine list, all carefully selected and tried to create a theme dinner in the name of more 'classic American steak house.
“Great place for meat lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This great steakhouse is located in Navigli district in Milano which is a great place to hang out before or after dinner.
The food is great, portions are good and the service was very friendly.
Meat quality is very very good, although they grill everything a little bit more than requested. Eg I asked for medium and it was medium to well done, my friend asked for medium raw and it was medium.
They also have a great collection of wines, although most of the people around the tables were preferring beer.
Definitely a place for meat lovers.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Slovak first
Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Steakhouse Made In Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The place is located in the famous Navigli district in Milano. Animated neighborhood yet less people that the center.
You can park not very far (yet hard to find a space) or the easiest way: the Metro, line M2, station Porta Genova and you are 5mn on foot from the place! You just need to cross the canal, take a right and follow the road, you cannot miss it. It is at the angle of Ripa di porta Ticinese and Via Angelo Fumagalli.

The place looks great, clean and cosy. A calm background music makes it warmer. The grill is in plain sight so you can see the cooks at work in front of the grill! And no: no overwhelming odors/smell of grill. Yet a nice grilled meat perfume in the air!
The smiling staff is mostly young, dynamic, competent and welcoming.

The menu quite "contained" without overwhelming choices (yet more than enough to satisfy everyone's taste!) leads to think fresh products are used. Let us find out!
It is steakhouse. Do not go there if you are expecting a gratin dauphinois or a cheese soufflé!
Yet it is "not just meat". So if your loved one or an "annoying" friend does not like meat, she/he will find some nice dish or a fresh salad.
The prices are very reasonable: 10€ for a salad, between 12 and 18€ for a hamburger (with potatoes and a bit of salad).
I ordered an hamburger and a beer! The choice of beer is limited but quality and fresh beers!

During the (rather short) wait I could see other customers dishes. Among them appetizing salads, meat and one of the meat dish was a burning hot piece of tender meat I could hear.
I was offered an appetizer during the wait: some coppa (cold cut dried ham), salad and brea sticks that went well with my beer.

My California hamburger arrived shortly after. I was big enough to satisfy a big hunger. It was served with fresh fried potatoes.
The hamburger used an Italian cheese called Fontina. It is a "semi-soft" cheese. (If you do not understand Italian you can asked the English speaking staff. I could not "try" but it looked like they could handle English fine enough)
The hamburgers have an Italian touch making them different that your usual fat hamburger. I would say they are "fresh". Fresh ingredients going well with the perfectly cooked burger.
The only bad point: too much salt on the potatoes. Some like it. I do not mind (even if sometimes it felt like eating sand with them) but for those who do not like ask for not salted and add it your self.

All in all it was a very good experience that I would recommend. And if you love meat and are around, you HAVE TO go there! :) Go with friends, family (I forgot to mention the 10€ complete kid menu: dish, drink, dessert!) or even your loved one.

1 Thank Pintu38
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
“Very good place for meat eaters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I went to this place due to its reviews and we have to say that we had a fantastics evening. Excellent meat, and trust me I know what I am talking about, cooked to taste, good choices of wine, from different price ranges, and excellent service, they were just right in terms of leaving us alone for us to talk but being attentive for any need we might have.
Highly recommended.
Good place as well for business dinners.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic night and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a truly great night and loved all of the food. Great service too - highly recommend!
They treated us well as we are not Italian

1 Thank tommoNW6
London, United Kingdom
“Nice, but smokey atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- The meat was very good quality. I had a burger and it was some of the best mince I've ever tasted, so tender it must have been veal mince.
- The service is good, food arrived quickly and staff very well trained and attentive.
Cons:
- The restaurant is a bit smokey from the kitchen grill- they have fans in place but smoke still builds up such that the atmosphere is like that in restaurants pre-smoking ban, but with a barbecue smell!
- The food is a little unimaginative, (burger? Burger+cheese? Steak? +fries?) it wouldn't hurt to have some more interesting combinations on the menu.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bgrima16