“Nice Italian Dining Experience”

Osteria La Luna Piena
Reserve with
Osteria La Luna Piena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #922 of 8,381 Restaurants in Milan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Apulya italy Restaurant cooking time archeofood
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and myself dined here after shopping in the vicinity and found this place as recommended by Tripadvisor.

The restaurant has a very Italian family setting. Each table has a bell to catch the waiter’s attention.

The owner is very passionate about the food and how they are cooked. We were not very clear about the differences between Milanese and Pugliese food and what to order, Mr Peppino made the effort to recommend and explain what is on the menu and the ingredients involved. The main menu is in Italian. A separate shorter menu with photos is available for better explanation.

Starters were bread and biscuits with spicy olive and balsamic oil, complimented with red wine.

By the owner’s recommendation, we ordered the sliced beef with onions, baked pasta with cheese in claypot and ravioli in cream source. Dessert was soft bread with cranberries source with black sesame. This was eaten during the era of Julius Caesar, according to the owner. The price is not much different from other Italian restaurants that we have been to. The total bill comes up to EUR50 for the two of us, including half-a-litre of red house wine.

The service could be slow as the meals are cooked-to-order. There were only two servers when we were there – the owner and a young lady (could be his daughter). The chef in the kitchen is the owner’s wife.

Coming from Asia, we are so used to ‘imported commercialised’ Italian food. This restaurant gives us an authentic feel and one of the best Italian food dining experiences.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just came to this reataurant, i can't belive someone thinks this is a disapponintment. The food I found is absolutely fantastic and tasteful.
I tried burrata, orecchette del faraone and templari's cake and I found them delicious.
In my opinion you don't have loose this opportunity.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We just came bsck from dinner and what a huge disappointment!!!
The food was so poor and tasteless that it is impossible to believe this place is ranked so high.
I want to save people like us who read the positive reviews fromm waisting a nice evening in this place.
Please stay away!!!

2  Thank Forzador
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm Italian, form the South, but I live abroad for many years now, and I was delighted to find La Luna Piena, and his owner, Peppino. The food itself is phenomenal, real southern dishes, like my mom would make them, and the owner is as fantastic as the food. The all dining experience is quite an ... experience!!! Order the Orecchiette or any other kind of pasta, and you won't be disappointed. Have Peppino talk, but not to much, otherwise he would never stop. A must go place.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

No superficial fashion place, real Pugliese medievel cooking!Peppino is not an old man, around 50... Bad taste comment!

My word!