“We had expected more from Bvlgari Hotels”

Bulgari Hotel Milano
Ranked #23 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am a big fan of the Four Seasons hotels as it has the best service whenever you enter their premises. On ny trip to Milan, i wdnted to try a different hotel, so booked on Bvlgari for a change.

Have to say that my welcoming experience was completely different when I arrived at Bvlgari, it felt very pretentious... The hotel is beautiful but the Concierge and the staff were not friendly. They didn't greet you with a welcoming smile like how we're usually treated, they were not helpful at all.. We were given the worst room despite paying a really expensive room rate. We looked at the rooms layout and realized that we were given the smallest room with the weirdest layout on the floor. When we called to change our room, I had to call twice to the concierge to ask what's the status update when she said she was going to call me within 15 minutes. Which she didn't call back or informed me within 2 hours. Then I had to call 4 times just to ask for a service.

The only thing i remember was the restaurant serves amazing food... Overall, for the price I paid, I would rather stay somewhere else. I had expected much higher from Bvlgari.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank MorinaLee

Reviewed January 23, 2013

... was one of the great experiances ive had so far. i rarely give five stars this one certainly earned it

the locatin seems like a tranquil sanctuary midst the busy luxury streets near montepeleano (not sure how its written)

the reception and concierge and help desk are so eager to assist.

the rooms are very relaxing , modern , and soothing. it has this rusty italian feel with contemprary flair to it. im certainly blown away with the great food offered by room service.

the rooms are cleaned so much u can literalarly see yourself reflecting off the floors. everyone here is extremely polite.

i will defnitly only Consider Bulgari Hotel next time im in Milano. and highly highly recommend freinds , family and readers to go there. the hotel itself is an experiance alone.

overall : an extremely well managed place that deserves credit and recognition. and a benchmark for high standards.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 80lzr
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I live in Milan, but I use to go to BH quite often to enjoy their garden and SPA. Both veeeeery expensive, but unmissable (especially SPA and pool; I preferred the restaurant run by the chef who left to go back to Sardinia, but this is my very personal taste).

The clientele (both hotel and restaurant) is absolutely upper-end: those who want to be seen by the "right" people come here: actors and actresses, fashion, music, finance; but the atmosphere is always very relaxed and the staff is kind, whoever you are (or aren't)

The interiors are modern but warm, rooms are small on average (this what my guests say: I usually book for them @ BH), but you do not feel in a cage.

The best of this hotel is the nice garden (a little park, actually), you don't believe it exists until you get there, and @ 4-mins walk to Montenapoleone's shops it is even more surprising

A suggestion: ask for a room on the garden and at an upper floor

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank ItalianDistinguished
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The only complaints I have is that 3 nights was not enough! I didn't get to enjoy the hotel as much because our schedule was pretty hectic.

Location is awesome! Too close to major shopping area, via montenapoleone which is greattt! But it is also secluded so the hotel is quiet and privacy is guaranteed in the middle of buzzing city of Milan!

Very warm welcome and introduction to our room. Hand written note from the guest service relations was thoughtful with a delicious nice treat to come back to every night was awesome!
Bed, pillow and linens was so good I can sleep all day!! The Bvlgari amenities is awesome as usual.

Room is a little small but its not a problem at all since it's very cozy!
A lot of people complain about it being dark but I think its just the character of the hotel, paired with the amazing scents throughout the hotel I really found no fault in it!

Its funny how adults too go crazy on the lollies counter. Including myself, I enjoyed the treat very much at the lobby everyday before I go out of the hotel :)

Breakfast was a little slow on the first morning when we dined in the restaurant. The second and third day we ordered room service and they came on time which is great! Beautiful food! Nothing wrong with the quality and selections!

I sprained my ankle one night and the hotel organized a doctor to came in although it was very late at night, closed to midnight! The doctor arrived in 20 mins which is great!!

I highly recommend this hotel for young couples and business people. Kids might not enjoy it very much, since its quite tiny. Older people might complain about the darkness but overall it has been a very good experience for me, and I am sure it will be for many!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Natasha R
Reviewed November 2, 2012

If you are looking for a stunning place where to have a drink or dinner, whether it be romantic or for business, search no more and go to the Bulgari. The Bulgari Hotel has a beautiful courtyard garden which makes it one of the most beautiful places in Milan (garden will certainly be closed in winter.. though you will still be able to enjoy the view from the bar inside). They also do amazing Sunday brunches. The only thing is that yes, this are top Milan price.. so not the thing to do if you are on a buget. For pictures of the bar, restaurant and food served, check out here:

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ka M
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The beds are really comfortable,the food delicious expecially the breakfast.Everything was amazing,and the staff altought is a louxury hotel is really friendly and polite.
We spent only 2 nights in Milan but we will remember this hotel for the future.
Is really close to the shopping district.rEALLY LIKE IT

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teena B B
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the Bulgari Milano for 3 nights and it was the perfect stay to mark the end of our vacation. It was our fourth time back to Milan but the stay we had at the Bulgari Milano was by far the best! The hospitality was warm and friendly and we loved the little touches that the hotel did to make it all so much more memorable. The cocktails served up at the restaurant were simply delicious along with the a-mazing breakfast spread we were treated to when we wake up.
Simply the best and I can't wait to stay in our next Bulgari resort!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple