“2 star Hotel but it had all the necessities”
Review of Best Hotel

Best Hotel
Ranked #227 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Adelaide, Australia
“2 star Hotel but it had all the necessities”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Our room was very small and basic but it had everything we needed including an air conditioning & a TV which you could change to english! The breakfast was very basic and the coffee was very bad but we were able to bring down our own coffee which was good. The only things missing from the room were a safe, a bar fridge & a hair dryer. The staff at reception were very helpful and there is a small court yard out the back which was nice to site in & enjoy a glass of vino! Internet access is provided at a small cost & the hotel is in a great location close to the central station, the local shopping strip and the metro. The bed was comfortable & at nite you couldn't hear any noise outside with the shutters & windows closed which was great!

Room Tip: rooms facing the hotel courtyard were quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I chose this "hotel" as it was close to Stazione Centrale which I wanted to use so I could travel the city and go by train elsewhere. The surrounding area seemed extremely dirty but there were some works on the road, but it did not seem safe either.

After finding the hotel fairly easily, and checking in the afternoon it dawned on me when I saw the state the garden was outside what I was in for for my room. After receiving my key and navigating my way through laundry left in the aisles with nobody in sight(this would be a regular occurance) I arrived and opened the door to find....

1) A used unmade bed the size of a dwarf;
2) Cigarette astray full of used cigarettes that left the worst smell known to man;
3) Towels on the floor and unflushed urinal.

Let me tell you it looked like a squatter had stashed themselves into the room. The worst part was after telling them in the most polite way possible - they told me to go into the garden for 30 mins instead of giving me another room!

So going back (in hindsight I should have left but I had paid for the three nights already) I had to grin and bear it. What you will find in the room apart from previously mentioned:

* A dirty bathroom that a skinny person struggles to fit in and close the screen for fear of breaking the glass - lets not forget the folding sliding door! Horrendous!.
* Dirty windows;
* Dusty airconditioner where you would breathe more dust than oxygen;
* Holes in the roof. There were two smoke detectors, one that didn't work, and one with a hole where I presume a third one was.
* A light (two lights, if you're lucky because one light in my room didn't work);

* Rodents - this was not in my room but in the room next to me. When you have two or three women in the room next to you screaming in a way your mother does when she sees one and hearing feet jumping up and down on the ground.... what else could it be. I giggled when they asked the occupants to leave for 30mins... because I assume they were going to "shoo" it off to another room where someone was sleeping. That night I didn't sleep well.

The one aspect that was good I stress was the location. On the second day the lady there helped with a map which was nice. If you are expecting a nice continental breakfast, the only thing fresh you should expect is the orange juice. Everything else is pre-packaged in plastic.

Lock your bags and keep your passport with you - I was not comfortable leaving my valuables behind.

Better still - do not visit this hotel. I will post photographs later.

Room Tip: One as high as possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel was advertised on the internet as three star. No way is this hotel a 3 star. The neighbourhood looked very seedy and was very noisy. After asking for a quiet room we were given a room on the first floor, over the street where the level of noise was horrendous. There was no air con, the shower was so small that my partner would have been stuck if he tried to get into it (we are both quite slim). There was no security and the window did not close, it also looked grubby. After seeing what it was like we picked up our passports from reception and left, we found another hotel close by. We did not feel safe and the the room was the smallest and dingiest I have ever seen. I have stayed in more luxurious youth hostels.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I picked this hotel because it's close to train station and it's called The Best Hotel. But Do yourself A Favour, DON'T STAY in this hotel. This is THE WORST hotel I ever stay. I slept with bugs and mosquitos,k the receptionist was rude and not even helping with problem. No aircon, and the fan mages a terrible sound, I couldn't sleep, they even put sticky tape on the toilet wall, I paid so much money for this hotel, i might better stay in hostel. I also have to pay 6 euro for 2 hours wifi, and it keep drop off, when o said to receptionist, he said well that's not their problem, the breakfast is terrible. They have to change their name to THE WORST HOTEL

I'm writing this to warn you
Don't ruin your holiday in Milan by staying in this hotel

• Stayed July 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Booked last minute but the staff were great! They helped us with everything we needed even though we werent even there for 24 hours! The room wasn't big but it suited us fine. Only issue for us was a cigarette left in the bin from previous occupants so the bathroom smelt like smoke! I'd recommended it for a quick, budget stay.

• Stayed November 2010
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The room in which we stayed was extremely small. But location close to railway station and price was worth of it - considering that we needed just B&B!

Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This hotel's location is very good; only 10 min walk to the main railway station and to the underground station. Only two stops away from Duomo and the shopping street Buenos Aires is right next to it.
The staff was really friendly and helpfull and they spoke English very well. (Concidering that they were italians)
The break fast was good, again, for italian hotel breakfast. There were croisants, toast with different jams and you get one small bread. For drink there was orange juice and coffee. You could order for example a cappucino, espresso, or something like that. All in all, there was enough food to fill you up.
The room was quite small but it didn't bother us, since we only slept there. You cannot expect a big, nice room with those prices.
The ceiling fan made some noice, so we couldn't keep it running through the night and because there was some traffic noise coming from outside we couldn't keep the balcony door open either. So, it was pretty hot.
The garden of the hotel was really pretty.
It was also great that we could use a computer at the lobby. We bought half an hour of time to be on the Internet and it was more than enought for us to check our bank balance and put some new status updates on Facebook :) The price was 2,50 euros, which wasn't that bad on my account. At least we didn't have to go and find an Internet cafe.
Btw, we found an excellent restaurant just next to the hotel called The Kitchen. There the servise was really quick and friendly and food was good and cheap. I warmly recommend!
All in all we were really happy with the hotel. Just don't expect too much, it is after all a ** star hotel :) I would definately come again!

1 Thank Melissa_Tuliranta