“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Barrie, Canada
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Fabulous. Ideal location - right around the corner from Il Duomo and Shopping district. Staff was exceptional. They all had smiles on their faces and were more than willing to lend a hand. Rooms were spacious and beds very comfortable. Bathroom was one of the best I've experienced in Europe - big room, deep bath, very large shower. Food in the hotel was expensive but if you can afford to stay here it may be ok for your budget. To save a few dollars we'd grab a morning coffee/juice and croissant at the coffee shop just beside the hotel. Lots of places to eat nearby so options exist. Windows open but noisy outside - however windows have great sound protection as we didn't hear any of this noise when the windows were closed. Would come back here in a heartbeat!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at Park Hyatt Milano for three nights from September 7th to 10th, 2013. Simply put, it really is one of the best hotels in the Italian peninsula--and I have been to quite a lot of different hotels.

The location is really at the very heart of Milano--right by the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuelle & Il Duomo. The rooms are quiet enough when you close the windows, which was unexpected, given the location. Bathroom was very large, with great amenities.

The breakfast is one thing I might not recommend, actually. The quality was good, but in terms of variety, they could improve a bit.

We did book at the VUN restaurant on the ground floor one evening, and it was superb. We went for the 9-course meal with the wine option. I honestly don't think I couldn't finish most of the dishes they procured. I would have complimented the chef in person, had I not been a bit dizzy from the 7-8 different types of wines/rum/Spritz I had that night at the VUN. The restaurant really deserved the Michelin 1-star rating.

The staff... they were great. None of the European snobbish, detached atmosphere. They were genuinely concerned and competent enough to give you tips during your stay. I think this was my 6th or 7th visit to Milano, and Park Hyatt Milano made it all the more memorable and pleasant. I am deifinitely adding this hotel to my favorites list. Two thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: Spacious rooms, huge bathrooms with marble floors.
1 Thank stopleo
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Yes, it was lovely, but was I blown away at a price tag of €600? The answer is: not really.

Agreed the location is superb. As stated, right next to the Galleria and then the Duomo; walking distance to Montenapoleone. Staff were, as also reviewed by others, great. We had a little situation that needed special care and they handled it pretty much flawlessly. The wifi is great - no password palavers, no [--]. All spot on.

Couple of flat comments...the room wasn't particularly large or luxurious. No Milano-style chic or flash. Just your basic beige nice hotel room, in your basic beige nice hotel. Could have been anywhere on earth. The bathroom isn't so much big as the room itself is rather small (given the rate). One sink basin on the vanity, so you have to share, as an example. No closet in the room or bathroom, strangely, just an open clothes hanging pole - which I have never seen before in any 5* hotel. Curious.

Also oddly, no coffee service in the room. I called to ask about this, but I was told that our "room type" doesn't include a coffee service and that they could set one up in the room for a charge. >_<. OK, I mean, jeez, for €600? No coffee? What sort of "room type" does include coffee for €600 then? I thought perhaps at this price we would have butler service or whatever and he just brought it when you rang. Nope. And of course this whole conversation was taking place at 6:45 in the morning. Eventually they brought some up, but still. Why such a palaver over something that costs them fifty cents? The PH Sydney has Nespresso machines. That would have done it.

I have stayed in a few other PH hotels, and in a number of other chains at this price tag. For this kind of money, I think guests have the right to expect something unusual or outstanding. No real complaints per se, but this didn't really provide the wow factor.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HKguy
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel, with the exception that the Michelin star restaurant is closed in August and didn't reopen until the night we had to leave.
The location is terrific (adjacent to the Duomo and shopping arcade, 5 minute walk to the castle), the rooms are modern and clean. The cocktails at the inside/outside bar are expensive (18 Euros) but they come with a 'free' three course tasting menu of appetizers in addition to the olives and nuts that are ubiquitous. At first we thought we had ordered dinner by accident but after figuring this out, we went back every night. Sitting outside, having cocktails and great apps is a great way to spend an hour (or two) in Milan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GorkaB127, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this beautiful review!
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon so that you will have the chance also to taste our VUN restaurant!

My warmest regards
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is just fantastic! The location at the Galleria and Duomo make it the perfect location for any visitor to Milano. The staff is just so helpful and friendly. Mario the Concierge and his assistant I think her name was Staggiona (sorry if that is spelled wrong) were so knowledgable and had great suggestions. I think Mario works 24/7 because he was always on duty and is extremely professional and made great recommendations for our meals. Paula at the front desk was a delight. She noted we were celebrating our anniversary and sent champagne and chocolates to the room. All the staff is top notch. The actual hotel itself is just beautiful. The rooms are so quiet it is incredible. I was shocked when I opened the windows in the morning to hear all the nose outside from the street below because it was silent in our room. I don't know what those windows and blinds are made of but it is incredible. We didn't hear a thing! The bathrooms are enormous! After all the walking and climbing the steps to the top of the Duomo it was wonderful to soak in the huge tub. I just can't say enough about this hotel. It was very expensive but it was worth the splurge.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words!!
We are all very happy that you enoyed your stay with us and find our hotel Fantastico!
Your beautiful comment regarding our staff is the best compliment that a General Manager can receive and I will be pleased to relay it to the entire team.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely yours
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This luxury hotel is one of the best hotels which it locate near from Duomo , and just few walking to Emanuel Vittorio Galleria . The furniture is style and the staff were very help specially the concierge . I really recommend this hotel for who looking for 5 star luxury hotel with great location .

Room Tip: Deluxe room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Would highly recommend this hotel if looking to stay in a top class hotel in Milan.
It's location is unbeatable right in the centre of things so you can easily walk to most places .the hotel itself is very comfortable with excellent service.
I was upgraded to a deluxe room which was very comfortable with a fantastic bathroom .

I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Milan

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and positive feedback.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest regards