“Guest services is a meaningful word” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Milan

Park Hyatt Milan
Ranked #5 of 430 Hotels in Milan
New York City, New York
“Guest services is a meaningful word”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Reporting at the reception a little problem with the room the morning following my arrival , the guest services manager (Cecilia)came to see me instantly and acknowledging that it was not pleasant, They have upgraded me to a beautiful room with terrace. the manager has done everything to make my stay perfect . Not only, Cecilia was pleasant but she really deserves a big thank you for looking so well after a guest.
Laundry is excellent, housekeeping smiling and all the hotel is spotless.
restaurant is good

Room Tip: standard room is small
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeanluc1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very nice you feel good there. People working there are very kind and helpful - excellent I'd say. The only thing I didn't like very prices in hotel's bar and restaurant but I must say coffee was very good ;) I'd recommend everyone this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Domiizi
GorkaB127, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your positive review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you were satisfied with the service received.
Thank you also for your useful feedback.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

My warmest regards
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel rooms and service are just impeccable! Concierge gave us a great recommendation for dinner and helped us book our train tickets for the airports. They were keen to give us the best options for travel and shopping to ensure we got the best experience in Milan. We have stayed at other Park Hyatt hotels and this is our favourite so far! I hope we come back soon!

1 Thank Steve S
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words!!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you appreciated the service of our concierge.
We are also pleased to be amongst one of your favorite Park Hyatt hotels and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely Yours,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

During a trip to Italy, we spent two nights in the Park Hyatt Milan and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The hotel is literally in the center of the old part of Milan, walking distance to the Duomo and multiple cafes and gelatterias. The service there is second-to-none. Lucca, who walked us to our room and showed us how to use the shower, TV, etc was delightful. The concierge desk did everything from booking train tickets to recommending out-of-the-way restaurants to visit. If your travels take you to Milan, look no further.

Room Tip: The interior rooms overlooking the courtyard will be nice and quiet. However, the exterior facing r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ChcgoMichael
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our services.
Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a phenomenal experience at Park Hyatt in Buenos Aires so thought I would have the same experience in Milan. I was "upgraded" to a Deluxe room which I must say was extremely nice. However, the room was an interleading room and the walls were like paper. Having just arrived from Sydney, I wanetd a good nights sleep. Unfortunately my neighbour was on his phone from 3.00am and I could hear everything. Really not what you would expect paying $1,000 per night. I left for an early dinner and asked for a turn down service while I was away. Came back - not done. The next day, I came back to my room at 3.00pm for a rest. The room had not ben serviced. That was the last straw. next time - Four Seasons or a cheap hotel where you would expect this quality service!! In addition, the air conditioning was pretty average oo!

Room Tip: Don't take room 408 even if they give it to you for free - you will hear what Channel your next...
6 Thank ozijoe
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have becomes accustomed to Four Seasons and Ritz Club Level service over time. I think the St. Regis is trying to get there in Florence. I just don't think the Park Hyatt is going to reach that level in Milan. I get why everyone one from Departures Magazine to Travel and Leisure love this hotel - it is sleek, sexy, modern and has a great location. Yet, when you scrape that away, I think it is lacking in service and accommodation. The room is large enough for a deluxe, but has an odd arrangement. Why does modern have to be so? They give you a good amount of water and offer an automatic espresso machine in the room. The gym is again just decent. Spa looked pretty cool. The larger piece of techno gym equipment, however, was broken. If you are going to have an all-in-one machine, I would suggest that you make sure it works. There was, however, enough space there. The location is great - plain and simple. You are next to Galleria, Duomo and all the major shopping areas. Location alone could be reason enough to stay. I also enjoyed smoking, eating and drinking on the patio outside. It was very nice with a good selection. The staff in the restaurant/bar were very good and accommodating. I though the check-in process was odd, but it could have been the hostess that did it. I also found the concierge not as helpful as those in Venice and Florence. I just felt that the other went out of their way and extended themselves. This hotel felt a bit more like a 4-star hotel. One example, we were told that all viewing of the Last Supper were sold out without much help of trying to go another route. While I just accepted this, my wife went on the Milan Card website and found a 1:30 booking on Saturday to see the masterpiece. I would expect a hotel (where you are booking two rooms), to attempt to work every avenue for you or suggest such avenues. I find that a bit weak and makes me simply think this hotel is one step from other top hotels. Another example was for breakfast, We arrived at 11:05 or so for breakfast. The normal buffet was entirely still there and I know were were a touch late. Immediately upon sitting, we were told that the buffet was done and we would have to order off the menu. I don't care at all because I do not have the package and would have probably done so anyway. By the way, we were looking to move quickly. Yet, I find it a bit troubling that we were not offered to check the buffet out for a quick bite. For example, I did the same thing in Venice and the Danieli had no issue with me grabbing my selections and moving on. I get that they do not want people asking for more food when the cooking is done, but staff should either be able to assess the guests or make a point to offer it. I have walked into the Ritz Club with the entire area cleared and the staff (more than once) has gone out of their way to bring me something to take care of me. i just think that the difference of service with the Park Hyatt brand. All that said, the location and feel of the hotel certainly help alleviate some of these problems. I also don't love the modern styles of hotels. Would I stay again? Yes, but I would probably try the Four Seasons first.

Room Tip: I think they are mostly the same - get a deluxe room
1 Thank brennamt
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The location of this hotel could not be better. It is right at the main square of Milan.
The room was spacious and the decor was very nice. The staff was attentive and polite. We ordered room service, it was promptly presented and the food was wonderful as well!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple