“Excellent hotel and great experience”
Review of Park Hyatt Milan

Park Hyatt Milan
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Ramat HaSharon, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent hotel and great experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The hotel is located in exactly in the center of Milano - very close to th Duomo and the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele.
The staff is very helpful and courteous.
Usually the atmosphere is calm and quiet, not a lot of families with kids hanging around there.
Rooms are very large and comfortable and equipped with a wide choice of luxurious things.
Despite the relative high price it is a highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your beautiful review.
We are very happy that you and your family had a nice stay with us and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

My best regards
Claudio Ceccherelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
genova
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Lobby Lunch
We're arrived at the hotel just about the lunchtime and so we decided to have something in the lobby.The couch we choosen was stained ,and worse there was also some left over chips and vegetable under the table nearby.
Anyhow it tooks us sometime to get the attention to the waiter,and we have to waited even longer (30mins) before they bring us a club sandwich and a raw tuna salad,considering it's was only 3 tables eating.
Breakfast
Well,this is supposed to be included in the package,likes all thing included,
you have to see,to believe,what do they brought us,
Eggs Benedicted
2 poached quail egg size
on top of a 2 small pcs.of rouned cut white toasted in a size of a gold chocalate coin .
together with4-5 leaves of steam spinach,and , A Microscopic DROP of Hollandaise sauce on top of each eggs,and that's not all,because I asked the eggs to serve with the ham,but it came as a side dish ?only the school canteen could served this quality of ham.it's was the worst eggs benedicted I had in my 5 stars life.
DINNER
The Last supper
The only good thing was the wine,the setting and the price are absolutely ridiculous,not much of a surprise,there was not much people,and we were in the middle of a fashion week,need I say more?
The park has a great location,it's a pity the food is not up to the level that it should be.
All the services are quite good for an Italian standard,but to be truly great,they have to improve the food ,cleaning and maintenance and then they could become one of the best if not the greatest one in Milan.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank umaGenova
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Madame,

thank you very much for your review and for your comments that are always very useful for us.

Please be informed that our material (fabrics and Venetian stucco) are very light and delicate and we try constantly to repair them as they need a constant maintenance but unfortunately sometimes spots and scratches are done just after we have changed the material. Nevertheless, rest assured that we will continue with the maintenance, just for your information, during last weekend we have changed the carpet and most of the fabrics in the Cupola Lobby Lounge.
Regarding your food experience, I have already shared your comments with the Executive Chef in order to improve our quality, even if the guests' feedback is right now very positive.
As far as our rates are concerned, they are at the same level, and even lower, than the rates of our competitors and of the top restaurants in the city.
Kindly be informed that our cold buffet breakfast is included in the package-awaken room rate, except for omelette or special à la carte request. If you would like to let us have the details of your reservation, we could check and eventually refund the breakfast, if included.

Remaining at your disposal, I send you my warmest regards
Melbourne
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The Park Hyatt is the best in a city where the hotel scene is frankly over priced and not too inspiring. So hardly great value but relative to prices in this city and with it's location second to none, I couldn't really quibble about the price. The rooms and service are as expected for an elite hotel. I enjoyed a spacious suite on both stays here. The little private terrace was a nice addition. The only disappointment was the bland food at the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kahkityoong
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Sir,
thank you very much for your kind review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your last stays with us and appreciated our services.
On the other hand, I'm very sorry if the experience at our Restaurant was not positive and I'm at the same time surprised because our VUN Restaurant is widely appreciated for his Mediterranean flavors.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon at our property!
NYC
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Despite my lack of affection for travartine marble, there were two outstanding elements of our stay at the Park Hyatt which occurred over two nights bracketing five nights in Zermatt (see our rave for Hotel Europe there) which leads me to recommend it highly: location, location, location! (right next to an entrance to the Galleria, a minute stroll from Il Duomo, five minute run to the Parco Sempione along a pedestrian mall); and superb service, welcoming, genuinely friendly, and never stiff. A few examples: we arrived bedraggled at 8 am from our overnight flight from NYC and were given a choice of whether to take an available (small) room or wait an hour for a larger room to be made up; I had some problems with my train ticket to Zermatt which I had bought over the web from SBB (don't do it - let the hotel take care of it for you!), and the concierge spent 20 minutes sorting it out for us, getting me the refund, and purchasing the correct tickets; the bellman always had a wonderful smile for us and when we returned from Zermatt seemed thrilled to see us; upon our return, our friend at the front desk informed us that she had just been talking about us and upgraded us to a penthouse suite. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that the service at the Park Hyatt Milan may make this Four Seasons fan switch chain allegiances!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your nice and positive review.
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and what is most important for me, as a General Manager, is your comment regarding the quality of the service and the Guests' satisfaction.
I'm really proud and happy to read that the entire team has been able to make you feel right at home and I'm already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

palermo
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We enjoy staying at the Park Hyatt Milano and have made it our hotel of choice whenever we pass through town. It has become a home away from home, mainly because of the excellent service and highly competent and professional staff, who are clearly very well trained in helping their guests.

During my last stay I had a few bad experiences but nothing that will make me want to change “homes” for our next stay.

Positives:

The nuts they serve at the bar are delicious! Great cocktails, carefully and excellently prepared and served; at cocktail hour full “alla Milanese” service at the table with prettily presented hot and cold tastes to accompany the drinks. Red wine by the glass is selected from very nice and delicious selection.

I cannot say enough positive things about the concierge and reception staff; they are appreciably well-trained and it is so refreshing to be the beneficiary of this level of courtesy which in Italy is not often up to this standard.

The food in the bar is good; the restaurant recently changed management/chef. We’ve had one good experience there, and two so-so experiences, which translates to disappointing given the expectation.

The spa area is nice and quiet; the hot tub is lined in gold mosaic tiles. I don’t generally sit in tubs but I “went for” this one and had a nice experience. The gym, while small, has modern machines and the usual equipment and when there are 2 or 3 people there it still doesn’t seem crowded, though many more people there at the same time would probably get to be feeling too intimate.

If you have a penchant for travertine marble this is your hotel; the lobby, bathrooms and rooms have miles of it. Some may find it funereal and cold, but the decorators did an alright job of plushing it all up, though the overall ambience is something I would define as plush wanna-be minimal but couldn’t resist some blingy ojets spattered here and there in mainly dark sunless spaces (great in hot humid August).

Great location close to shopping museums errands.

Negatives

The BIGGEST negative, though it might sound like a minor lament, is the invasively noisy omnipresent and omnifunctioning printers situated in the breakfast and bar areas. They grate into your brain, distract you from the quiet morning read of the paper and sip of coffee, and later at cocktails, take your attention away from your loved ones' tender words. They need to get them off the floor, soundproof, or migrate to laser printers. They spent a huge amount of attention to design and materials but someone really goofed on this detail.
I will try to upload a film of the ziiiingdazinnnng dazinnngggg sounds ruining the tranquility that otherwise would have been so welcome.

I had one bad service experience during my last stay; my key was disactivated even though I was registered as a late check out. The maid and housekeeping manager politely explained that they were not authorized to allow me access to my room, which I appreciated, and called the desk. 5 or so minutes later, I asked them to call again which they said they did and 5 or so minutes later, still laden with shopping etc and trying to rush to check out, I made my way half way around the quadrangle to retrieve the key and return to my room. The receptionist had apparently spaced it out, then spaced out printing my invoice which they were supposed to have emailed to me. I had to call to remind them to email it to me; then I had to call back to have them correct an error. A little surprising given all the previously great experiences with their efficiency. At the time I was steamingly irritated.

Also a first; had a telltale stain on a bathrobe in the room (see picture). Yucky.
It should have been caught by the staff.

The key card is needed to keep the electricity on in the room so when you leave the room your ipad can’t charge. Need extra duplicate keys.

Room Tip: If you don't require gobs and space, I think the classic room is plenty comfortable vs. the extr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Madame,

thank you very much for your nice and detailed review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and, above all, that the Park Hyatt Milano has become your home away from home.
All your comments, both positive and negative, are very much appreciated and very important for us because they help us to focus on our areas of improvement.
According to this, we have taken note of the noise generated by the printers in our F&B areas and we are going to work this issue out.
We are very pleased that you liked our hotel and the location but especially that you appreciated the service of our staff, despite the inconvenience during your last stay with the key card and invoice for which I sincerely apologize.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2012

A lovely hotel with gorgeous rooms and public areas and a good selections of nice places to eat. Fantastic service, staff couldn't do more for you and were very friendly. Room was clean, with plenty of storage space and comfy beds. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madame,

thank you very much for your beautiful review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our rooms and especially our service.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 20, 2012

First - full disclosure. I booked this hotel using Hyatt points, so there is no element of cost analysis in my evaluation. We stumbled in at nine in the morning after a transatlantic flight, having requested early check in. They had us and our luggage in a room by 10; we were deeply appreciative. We happened to be there the same weekend as the Formula One race and some big hullaballoo at the Duomo, so the hotel was packed. Even under those conditions, the service was impeccable. Needless to say, there was no upgrade, so we had their standard room. It was definitely on the small side, but cleverly arranged so it was comfortable, and did not feel cramped. And in spite of the smallish square footage, there was space for a room service table which is important to us. The hotel is adjacent to the famous Galleria Vittorio Emmanuelle, and a stone's throw from the Duomo and its Piazza, so you have easy walkable access to many of the major sights and shopping streets. Yet the sound proofing is so well done, that you do not sacrifice your sleep quality for the downtown location. The gym was adequate; we did not try the fine dining option, but the outdoor bar/casual food was pleasant with good service. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Madame,

thank you so much for your kind comments left on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you found our hotel very comfortable and with an impeccable service and believe me, this is the best comment that a General Manager can receive!
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!