“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station
Ranked #117 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed on business Tuesday 28th Jan. Great room, good location and wifi worked well. The staff were superb. Very very helpful. I was a walk in booking and needed a room the following night but unfortunetly they were fully booked. The manager Adriano went to a lot of effort to help me find another hotel during a busy time with a major conference in town. The entire team were nothing short of outstanding.

Had a great nights sleep in a very comfortable and spacious room. Well done IHG.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Following an exhaustive tour around Italy, we needed a hotel where we could recharge our batteries for an evening and a night before setting off to Paris. We needed a good shower and a deep sleep. This Holiday Inn provided this all perfectly for us. We were also able to secure good wi fi to catch up on emails and a large breakfast to start the next day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank russelljb
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a good hotel with good location and great rooms, and its staff really makes it different from other hotels. Felix is a very nice and handsome guy, he will provide a lot of suggestions for eating or even place to watch a football game.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great hotel, great position, great rooms, great breakfast, BUT they steal in the rooms, and the staff is pretty rude in such circumstances. Watch out. Hopefully something will change in the near future, if so it is an excellent hotel with an amazing position to visit Milan. But, I repeat, watch out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank stanfal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Stanfal,

Thank you for sharing your review and bringing this to our attention.
We would like to address this concern further with you. We have sent you a Private Message with more information.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great location for access to Garibaldi station. Staff on reception were very friendly, helpful and courtesy. Family room was good with a comfortable bed and bunk beds for the children located in another room. Enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gabby-John
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Positive:
The hotel is near garibaldi Station which is on green metro line and you can access it to everywhere easily.
staffs are nice and friendly. My room was clean and the bath room was also clean.
breakfast was good but I expect more.
Internet is free is you are an IHG member and if you are not you must ask them to fill the IHG Member form. You have too renew your username and password every 24 hours.

Negative:
I asked for a bottle of mineral water at 1 AM. They told me it is not possible till morning! Well, I think a thirsty can not wait for 6 hours!
They charge you for everything for example I asked for a pair of slippers and they told me that it is not free!
They close the hotel at nights so it is better to be in hotel before 12. one night I was there at 2:30 I had to wait outside for 15 minutes that they could hear me and open the door.
I think it is a good hotel but not in compare of money that you pay.

At last, I will choose this hotel again if I can find it in last minute packages with a low price !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Arash H
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and when we first arrived the guy on check in was lovely. Our room was on the second floor absolutely immaculate and modern. We arrived quite late In the evening so checked in dumped our cases in the room and went down to reception to ask where the nearest shops and places to eat were, we also advised them the tv In our room didn't work and they sent the bell boy up to fix it while we were out. Before we left however we put out valuables in the room safe, checked our code we had chosen had worked and left. Later that evening when trying to access the safe we were unable to do so. So I called downstairs to reception and the guy on the nightshift came up to have a look. He advised there was only one master key and the manager kept this off site and they would be in at 7am. So as you can imagine we feared the worse knowing someone had been in the room to fix the tv. I barely slept all night worrying then when morning came I went down to reception to be told the manager wasn't in yet and that the key was actually in the office somewhere but they couldn't find it. Eventually the key was found and the safe was opened, turns out the safe is battery operated and it had died. However when I asked why the gentleman the previous night had lied and said the manager had the key off site they simply said he doesn't have authority to open the safes (even though the key was left about in an office behind the desk for anyone to find). This spoilt our stay to be honest as we were only there for 2 nights and one of them was sleepless! We went to Milan December 2012 also and stayed near Milan Central station I would advise this be a better location but this hotel was a nice hotel in an ok place.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Abbie E
HolidayInnMilan, Direttore at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Mrs Abbie,

Thank you very much for your feed back. I am deeply sorry for what has happened to you in our Hotel during your last stay. Your disappointment is understandable, but I can assure you that this is not our usual standard of service.
Your comments give me the opportunity to further analyze the whole process at the reception and to take disciplinary action for those who do not conform to the standard.

Thanking you once again, I wish you all the best for the new year and send my best regards.