Booked this hotel for August, the hotel itself is situated conveniently for one of the main railway stations, but unfortunately if you're sightseeing it's at the wrong end of Milan's centre as it's in the business area. If we'd gone at a more sensible time of the year this wouldn't have been a problem but in August the weather was unbelievable and taxi's were the sensible way to get around - or even better the open topped touring bus. The hotel itself is in a slightly seedy looking area but this is on the surface and it's actually very good so don't be put off. We'd arrived in the main italian holiday season so we were virtually the only guests in the hotel, which meant that they closed the restaurant, cafe and bar which could have been a pain, but as we were there for the weekend we ate out anyway, but be warned if you're on business in August it makes it difficult to make arrangements for yourself. We were upgraded to a bigger/better room which was very clean, tidy and up to date the bathroom was again clean, well stocked with toiletries and the water was powerful and hot. The staff in the hotel were italian funnily enough, but were very pleasant and helpful, with maps and directions to sights/shopping, etc. One problem which was not the hotels fault was that it is built around a central area which is the roof of the downstairs part of the hotel, which some other italians staying in the hotel decided to move all of their furniture out during the night and had a party outside our bedroom window! But would recommend this hotel and would love to go back in winter as the shopping in Milan is fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, Located in the heart of the city s and fashion and shopping area. All the city s main attractions are within easy reach of the Hotel using public transport: the Cathedral, The Scala Theatre, the Sforzesco Castle, the Basilica of S.Ambrogio or, for a nice stroll, Corso Montenapoleone, Corso Buenos Aires and maybe a visit to Leonardo s Last Supper, the Arcimboldi Theatre and the Brera Art Gallery. Hotel is within easy reach of the new Rho/Pero Exhibition Centre (10 km) and very close to the Milan Exhibition Centre (15 min.). Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, . a recently-built complex, has 129 comfortable bedrooms, all perfectly soundproofed, furnished tastefully in modern style and Internet connection. The hotel has three meeting rooms especially equipped for business meetings, encounters and training courses; with fast WI-FI Internet connection. Butterfly restaurant in 'fusion' style offers care for detail and a relaxing and pleasant ambience. A Cocktail Fashion bar with daily happy hour and theme cocktails, not to be missed. Free Mini Gym at disposal daily and indoor parking-garage. Limousine service on req. Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, for business or leisure, your home from home in the centre of Milan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, IHG, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station Hotel Milan
- Holiday Inn Garibaldi Station
- Milan Holiday Inn