Hotel Terminal
$173
$320
$271
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main train stationmilano centralerestaurants and shopsby footstopsduomoeuro
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This hotel is a very very good value. The room is smallish, but comfortable. Very nice bathroom with tub which is a plus. Very, very quiet. Some rooms with balcony. Very comfortable bed. Extremely clean. Nice breakfast also.Best of all, it's a five minute walk to the central Milan train station, or to the area where many buses and trolleys begin their journeys. It's on a nice street with bakery, gelato parlor across the street, reasonable priced restaurants and bars. Parking is available, but we arrived by train so I don't know rates. I really liked this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank puedeba20045
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Let's start from the very beginning. I spent 4 nights in this hotel in the middle of June 2010.
1. Communication and client's wishes
After booking room in the internet I sent an email to the hotel asking for twin bed room. I got double instead of this. Fortunatelly it was not a problem for me because I was travelling with my brother. But if I'm asking about twin room I should get twin. Minus for the hotel.

2. Room

Room was very small and rather dark (it had one window in the corner looked on the courtyard). But on the other hand it was clean and had tidy bathroom. The aircondition was very effective but rather loud so we were chilling a room in the evening and turning it off we went sleep. There was a small, old TV in the room but was receipting only about 5 channels. All of them in Italian. Furniture I would describe as a standard - nothing special but tidy and generally OK. The beds were comfortable.

3. Staff

Receptionist was very kind and helpful - adviced us where to go for a dinner and called to the restaurant to check if it's open (it was Monday and in Italy many restaurants are closed this day). The room was cleaned every day, also towels were daily changed and all "bath equipment" like toilet paper, soaps and shower gel were supplied.

4. Breakfast

It was served from 7 to 10:30 so you didn't have to wake up early not to miss the breakfast. Even though it was a buffet the choice was rather poor. 2 types of cheap cold meats (salami and mortadela), cheese, rolls, two types of juice (both tasteless), some cakes. Water, tea and coffee/chocolate machine. All looked like the cheapest products in the cheapest food store. Nothing special but nutritious.

5. Area

Some people wrote it's doggy and unsafe. Well, I guess that in every city in the world the nearest area od central railway station isn't the best district. The same in Milan. But I wouldn't say that it's unsafe. We were walking there in the middle of the day and in the middle of the night and we never had or saw any danger situation. There were no shady man on the streets etc. etc. The Hotel is very close to the central railway station (about 7 min. walk) and two metro stations (red and yellow line). There is also a tram stop next to the hotel so you can get to every part of the city quick and easily. There are also a lot of bars, pizzerias and food stores in the hotel's neighborhood. The bars are open to the late of night but in the opposite to the area of Corso Sempione, here you will hardly find a living soul after the midnight.

Summary

Terminal Hotel rises to the occasion if you treat it like a base camp - place where you can comfortably fall asleep, take a hot shower and where you can quick get to the city centre from. If you need a hotel to spend a lot of time in it would be better if you chose something else.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Jon076
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I found the hotel to be perfectly fine for a short stay with some family. The staff were friendly and largely helpful and the rooms were comfortable and air-conditioned. Although I find it may not be worthy of 4stars, there was nothing hugely wrong with it, and I would reccomend it for its close proximity to Milan's attractions. With central station being only a short walk away, its easy to catch the metro to Duomo, and The Galleria. Breakfast was good, with lots of options available.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Aruam
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Just back in Leeds after a 4 night stay in Hotel Terminal, Milan.
The hotel was reasonable at best. It was clean and quiet considering it's about 150m from the main rail line. I am unsure how the ratings work in Italy I don't think it could ever be a 4*
I travelled with a friend and although the small room was a twin, the beds were fitted together and unmovable. I would have liked a gap between to give us our own space. The bed was comfortable but the pillow was like a rock.
The weather was very humid but the room air conditioning was very poor and ineffective.

The continental breakfast was standard fare.

I would give it a 3* at very best.

Just a few words on Milan. The public transport is good and cheap but for a big city there is very little to do except shopping in the expensive clothes shops. But then again if you could afford to go shopping there you could afford a better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends