The hotel area is very quiet, 10mins walk from Milano Centrale station, easy to locate following the map. My first impression is insecure upon arriving the hotel, the street was so quiet & nobody throughtout the way walking to hotel, when first step into hotel, the lighting at lobby was dimmed, didn't meet any other guests except the only staff at front desk, the only staff there was not so friendly, asked for our passports for photocopy during check-in (understand hotel check-in may require to check for guest's passport, but photocopy of ALL guests' passports is my first time experience, he copied not only mine but all passports who stayed in the hotel), this made us feel uncomfortable, when getting in the room...1. the safety box dosen't work(the staff promised to fix it but finally not); 2. the door lock looks very insure, there was a hole on the door only with a metal cover, no indoor secure lock; 3. the socket in toilet was broken; etc... this insure experience ruined our first night at the hotel, we queried that whether we're the only 2guests in this hotel??? possible because of SUN in Italy. Until next day morning, we met some other guests in the restaurant for breakfast...
To be fair... I should compliment on the good aspects:-
1. Breakfast is good; many choices of food & beverages even not so many guests, the lady there to prepare the breakfast served us each a cup of cappuccino (you may ask for specially made cappuccino instead of the self-service coffee);
2. the young guy at front desk (2nd staff we met can speak fluent English), very friendly & helpful, gave us lots of information on the places worth to visit; He also reassured that the safety is alright there...
3. Room is large & some amenities in the room like shower-cap; slippers; laundry iron.. those are not usually found in hotels in Europe.
4. Free Wifi provided; BUT during our stay... it's only worked on the 1st day, the rest of the days even we could get connect to wifi but it didn't work at all... same as no service!!
Except our first perception was not so good, we finally stayed 4nights at this hotel and security found no problem, although it sounds not really upto 4-star grading, it worths for money value to stay there, we found that the usual guests stayed this hotel are business travellers or came for meeting.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mythos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mythos Hotel Milan