“Nice hotel. Really will located and cheap”
Review of Zefiro Hotel

Zefiro Hotel
Ranked #363 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Even we stay just one night, it was a nice stay. Beds are fine and pillows were really good. The hall and elevators are old, but worked ok. The breakfast was the worst part. Just a few croissant. We got the reservation troughs booking and the price was really good

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is rated a 4 star which it definitely shouldn't be - a 3 star rating would be more appropriate. That said, the hotel was fine. It is a short car/taxi journey from the Central Station and is on a direct bus route into the centre so location wasn't a problem for us. The 2 men on reception were helpful, friendly and efficient and spoke pretty good English. The room was clean and functional with comfortable beds and a spotless bathroom with lots of hot water and a great shower. Breakfast had little choice but if like me all you require is a croissant and coffee it served its purpose. My daughters wanted hot chocolate to drink which wasn't available and more variety to eat so were left disappointed. The restaurant was closed when we were there so I cannot comment on that.
To summarise, the hotel was fine, the cost reasonable and would I stay there again? Probably!

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel so had no view but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Room was average which was all we were looking for, HOWEVER, the sheets had not been changed and were full of hair!
Plus the location is a very far walking distance from the centre and is not near a metro stop. Too far to return to on foot after a day of viewing the sights.
Stay somewhere else, make your Milan vist a pleasant one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

When I arrived, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular as it was only 45 euros/night (didn't opt for the breakfast). Room was clean, free wifi - you get what you pay for. The staff at the front desk aren't over helpful, but they'll answer your questions (granted, you ask the RIGHT questions). However, this is where is takes a turn for the worst. I noticed on the back of the street map (printed by the hotel), there was the metro map, and there was a direct metro line from 'Dateo' to 'Malpensa Airport'. Great, I thought I could save the hassle of getting to 'Centrale' to catch the Malpensa Express. To confirm, I checked with the front desk employee the night before my departure. He said 'yes'. I asked 'how long?' he said 'one hour', I asked 'and just one line? I don't need to change trains?' and he said 'no'. So that was that. Next morning at check out, I thought I should still double check, and again, they said it's a DIRECT train line from Dateo to Malpensa. I set off to the metro station, and being a Sunday, of course, there was no staff working in the metro. I looked at the ACTUAL metro map and there is NO direct line - you have to change about what looked like 3-4 lines, and even then, I couldn't purchase a ticket from the machine because it didn't accept my 20euro note. After 20 minutes (of my allocated 60 minutes to get to the airport), I decided to leave, cab to Centrale Station and get the Malpensa Express. Long story short - I made it on the flight, but BARELY. Don't ever ask the front desk for information, do your own research.
Oh and the walls of the room are very thin - I could hear a man snoring the whole night!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Adequate as a 2-3 star hotel and at 75 euros b&b OK, but definitey not 4 stars. Poor breakfast - everything average and fruit juice disgustingly sweetened. No seating area in bedroom apart from the chair at the dressing table, no independently controlled aircon and the walls were paper thin. Our next door neighbours' TV might as well have been in our room. Our door rattled whenever anyone else shut their door. Our toiletries were not renewed for our second night. Our double bed comprised two mattressess and two bases pushed together. The bases were considerably narrower than the mattresses and so there were dips in the centre and at both edges, leaving you with the alarming feeling that you might fall out of bed. Nor did our sheets fit properly We will definitely find somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I booked through a website that showed this hotel as 4 star and price as 220 Euro per night reduced to 80 Euro per night. Well, it is not 4 star by any stretch. I felt I had been misled by the website in question (not this one). I moved from 2 star at 70Euro per night thinking I was in for a 4star room at 80Euros. In fact the 2 star Hotel was better. This one is worth 50/60 euros per night, it could never charge 220 Euros, not for long anyway. Its fair enough as a cheap hotel, but do not think you are getting the 4 star rating as shown. I rate average value at 60 Euros.
THe restaurant is outsourced, so not actually part of the hotel, it is better run than the hotel andf again only a cheap place, but value for money.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter, do not expect A/C all the time, the hotel has total control. If in th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Best hotel I've ever stayed in,in Italy..highly recommended.,good value..4 star..breakfast was as good as any other 5star hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012