“Definately not 4 Star”
Review of Zefiro Hotel

Zefiro Hotel
Ranked #363 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I booked through a website that showed this hotel as 4 star and price as 220 Euro per night reduced to 80 Euro per night. Well, it is not 4 star by any stretch. I felt I had been misled by the website in question (not this one). I moved from 2 star at 70Euro per night thinking I was in for a 4star room at 80Euros. In fact the 2 star Hotel was better. This one is worth 50/60 euros per night, it could never charge 220 Euros, not for long anyway. Its fair enough as a cheap hotel, but do not think you are getting the 4 star rating as shown. I rate average value at 60 Euros.
THe restaurant is outsourced, so not actually part of the hotel, it is better run than the hotel andf again only a cheap place, but value for money.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter, do not expect A/C all the time, the hotel has total control. If in th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Zefiro Hotel

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Best hotel I've ever stayed in,in Italy..highly recommended.,good value..4 star..breakfast was as good as any other 5star hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 29, 2012

It's an ordinary 3-stars hotel (I don't know why it's rated as 4-stars). The breakfast was basic and they cooked really awful coffee. Our room was larger then we expected and clean, but had a slightly cigarette smell. But it's ok for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have stayed there for 4 days. The hotel is acceptable in general even the rooms and especially the toilet could be larger. I was lucky to get a room with a very large balcony that helped a little. The wifi was OK all the time and it was free. The breakfasts were also better than expected with scrambled eggs, fresh ham and cheese. The coffee they served was also very good. In 2 words: if you looking for the cheap hotel in a very calm place Zefiro will definitely fits all your requirements.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2011

By far the worst hotel I've never been in my life. The fact that it still had available rooms during the Milan fashion week should have been an alert in my head, but I still booked a double room and tried it.

Dirty, old, with poor furniture and terrible bed. Me and my wife couldn't sleep well any of the nights we stayed there.

Just do yourself a favor, choose another hotel!

Room Tip: As far as I've seen, all rooms have the same TERRIBLE and OLD furniture. Just choose another hot...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Giulio A
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I will never stay in this hotel again. On entering the hotel you have to go down about 6 steps, and the receptionist didnt even bother to help us with the luggage. We had vibrations in the room during the night and it was very irritating. The receptionists and the hotel manager are very snob. Whatever you ask them, their answer was 'I dont know or its not possible'. They are only there to give you the keys and directions for the tram or bus. Do not stay in this hotel in week ends. They get a lot of young students and keep on knocking at your doors till midnight and start again at 6.30am. Our room was overlooking the street and we could literally hear everything. Windows are not double glazed. We used to sleep only because we used to be overtired.

What I noticed as well were the cakes during breakfast. For eg: if there are 3 slices missing from the previous morning, they literally leave them with the missing slices for the following day and do not arrange them. I mean these are only simple things but easily noticed by the guests. Common sense doesnt exist in this hotel!!!
Poor breakfast guy. Apart from taking care of the breakfast room, he has to do the room service too. One man show and he works really hard.
The hotel welcomes you with a bad smell of gas at the main entrance.
On the whole the room was clean though it wasnt the first time that they didnt clean the WC.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank disappointedEurope
Reviewed January 18, 2011

My mum and I stayed at the Zefiro Hotel for three nights whilst visiting my brother who's studying at university in Milan. The hotel was conveniently situated just off a tram line into the city centre, central train station etc. The price of hotel stay including breakfast was good. We found that if you left in until the last hour to go down for breakfast, the selection is small and was not always topped-up.

• Stayed: December 2010