Grand Visconti Palace
Hotel Berna(Milan)
$120
$102
  • Room Service
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
$167
$112
2,013 results
All reviewsbernie gallottalodi tibbswimming capswimming poolguest relationspresidential suitemetro stationyellow linelovely hotelcentre of milanporta romanalarge hotelsteam roomspa areaturn down servicelinate airportconcierge service
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 night stay in Milan. We selected the Grand Visconti Palace based on photographs and past reviews and were not disappointed. Our bedroom was large, nicely decorated and overlooking the garden area.
There is a lovely reception area with plenty comfortable seating for those wishing to use wi-fi which is free in this area. (There is a charge for in room use!).
Breakfast is not the most exciting but is more than adequate. There are a couple of recommended restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. We particularly enjoyed the Trattoria. The concierge will give you directions and make advance bookings. We visited on Saturday night and it was already very busy at 20.30 so it's safe to book in advance!
If you fancy an aperitif before dinner, try a small bar called The Sailing Ship. It's in the opposite direction from the hotel to the Trattoria but only 100 yards from the hotel and worth a visit.
We checked out the pool and spa in the hotel but didn't use them. It looked good but was deserted. Hotel guests pay 10 Euros for the use of the pool which may deter some people.
All the staff in the hotel were excellent.....as friendly and helpful as I can remember in any hotel I have visited.
If you plan to visit Milan, the Grand Visconti Palace is a great choice.
(I recently visited Rome and stayed in the Visconti Palace Hotel there. I assume it is part of the same group. It also was excellent so, if in Rome, book there!)

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lesl
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Good morning Lesl,
thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. For your next visit you can book directly with us a superior room which is the category of the refurbished ones.
As far as the access to the Spa it is includeed when a suite is booked.
Just to let you know, we are not part of any hotel chain and at the moment we do not have any sister hotels in Rome, but two others in Milan.
We are looking forward to have you here at the Grand Visconti Palace Hotel again, where our concierge and all the rest of the staff will be very happy to assist you in any queries you may have.
Kind Regards,

Debora Bonati
Duty Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a fantastic hotel, I would have expected to pay a lot more than we did with Amoma. com. The rooms were a good size with a huge bed (which for me was a little hard) and lovely furniture. There is a mini bar but the prices are VERY expensive, however there was room to put your own bottles in the fridge if needed.
The bathrooms were beautiful with over bath shower + hand held shower, toiletries were supplied as well as the use of bath robes and even free slippers! A turn down service was included where we found a towel placed on the floor next to the bed to wipe feet before getting into bed. The sheets were clean each day of our stay. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast was good with a choice of cereal, yogurts, salad, fruit, cold meat, cheeses, bread, rolls, pastries, bacon, eggs and sausage balls and plenty of juice, water, tea and coffee. Our hotel booking even included free tickets to the swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna which was lovely. The hotel also has a spa. You do need to wear a swimming hat if using the pool which are not supplied but are available to purchase.

We flew into Bergamo airport and took the airport bus for 5 euro each (I think you could buy a return for 9 euro) which takes you into Centrale F.S. You can get these buses from any of the airports. Then buy a 48hr Urban ticket from the machine for 8.75 euro. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS US AND BUY FROM A KIOSK AS WE ENDED UP PAYING 13 euro each which included a discount card which we did not use. Take the M3 yellow line to LODI T.I.B.B from here you can walk to the hotel. The whole journey took under 2 hours. The travel ticket will get you on any train, bus or tram. Duomo which is the main tourist area, is 4 stops away on the yellow line. It is a lot more expensive to eat and drink in Duomo but a great place to visit with all the posh shops you would expect to find in Milan! Drinks are a lot cheaper away from Duomo and some places even supply snacks with drinks.
We had a fantastic break and would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I am not sure there would be any bad rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank truthfulfromnorfolk
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Good afternoon truthfulf,

thank you for your lovely feedback.
We are glad you find a good deal on the web, bearing in mind that as a returning guest you can also book directly with us and we will offer the best available rate.
We are happy you had the time to enjoy our buffet at breakfast and our health club and we hope you will come to visit us again,

Kind Regards.

Debora Bonati

Duty Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am not sure why there are two separate lines for Tripadvisor for this facility Grand Palace Visconti and Visconti Palace, but I'll choose this one; I am sure they are both the same, may be a question of a recent change in ownership? May be something for management to look into as one of these lines of comments has over 1000 and the other over 600....curious....

I snuck into my husbands travel bags last week; he for business me for fun. I really liked this hotel, (or should I say palace) its got alot of marble, a kind of 'you know you are in Italy' feel to it, highly professional front desk personnel , men and women with ties on great outfits, loved the room, the fabric on the wall, the little sitting window the excellent bath products, the super clean excellent in room service (housekeeping)...i find less and less hotels offering top class service with the little linen bathmats putout in the evenings, slippers and all the fab bath products (even toner and makeup remover) i must be in italy :) When they realized we were two not one a very lovely lady was quick to add addl robes, bath items pillows etc. loved it

I loved the choice at breakfast and who can complain when you have free flowing cappucinos, none of that push the button crap....this is what life is all about. Great selection its kind of a big scary room lots of WHITE but perhaps i was there on a slow day, the choice is great but it is not what i would call cosy...thats not what a palace to be so no problem there though

a possible weak point? Juices, and well as good as the coffee is in italy i have no idea why hotels have really low quality juice but helas you can expect the same here. For me it was no issue and theres lots of choice along with fizzy and flat water but it was something my french husband missed. Again this seems to be an italian thing. There always seems to be lots of fruit but morning juice tends to be the botlled pre packaged type

I know its silly but I loved also the little welcome packet written in english and italian explaining how they chose this facility when it was built and what is important to the owners in terms of presentation, quality and customer satisfaction (again another item i seem to find less and less of in hotel rooms)

I was a little under the weather so did not get a chance to check out the pool or spa area but I imagine that would be fabulous as well and so nice to have as many of the people who stay here are business travelers.

However the best part was the absolutely terrific service from the Concierge who helped me organize one of my most favorite European city solo days ever. Grazie mille for your help, we shall be back. And, who knows maybe I will get to meet that handsome Maestro at La Scala (private joke between me and the Concierge) :)

Room Tip: ours was quiet and had a little window turret. I am not sure but I would think rooms that face the front of this hotel may be noisy (you may wish to check)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WTravelGirl50
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear WTravelGirl50,

Thank you a lot for your very detailed description of your experience at Grand Visconti Palace.

You did chose the correct one in order to leave your feed back as the other one you have mentioned is located in Rome and does not belong to the same owner.

We are glad you have enjoyed your short Italian break and that we have helped you making it even more memorable.

We really hope to welcoming you back and pamper you again in the Italian style.

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had to attend a reception that evening and had to meet the party in the lobby of the Grand Visconti at 20:30 to depart to the place
I realized few minutes earlier that I forgot to pack a tie. I went down to the concierge Mr Bernie Gallata and asked him whether I could buy it in the hotel shop. The shop did not carry any and it was closed he said. He then asked me where my reception was and told me he should have one delivered there when I would arrive. What colour of a tie would you like? he asked
So it happened: at 09:15, at the entrance of the reception, was waiting a person with my tie!
I paid 20 euros for the tie and gave Bernie and the person a good tip
By the way, the hotel has just been renewed and is located in Porta Romana... one of my favorites in Milan

Room Tip: Negotiate the 6 floor suite ... I thought it existed only in Dubai. right there in Porta Romana: 3 floors of pure luxury. 1st floor a living room, 2nd floor a master bed room, 3rd floor a Jacuzzi overseeing Milan. too bad I stayed only 1 night
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear BrusselsGilles,

We would like to thank you for your feed back. We are glad to read that once again Bernie and the Concierge service have performed a great guest service making another guest happy and satisfied. As you have mentioned the difference is made by people, and we can assure Bernie does make it! Loving his job he is always loved and appreciated by all our guests!
We hope to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Among my arrival to Milan Malpensa airport, the taxi dropped me in the Grand Visconti Palace hotel. It was a great choice of my employer to book me there, as the hotel is a GRAND and deserves the best evaluation in everything except in the internet. It costs 11 Euros per 24 hours, while in other countries like Hungary or Austria the internet is included in the accommodation fees. Except this, I liked it so much.

Room Tip: It's worth the money paid to stay there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Nick8670,

We thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about your stay with us. We are glad you had a good experience. We understand your point of view about the Internet connection fee, we inform you that with the € 11,00 voucher you can use up to three different devices for 24 hours as well as for any issue you can have a 24-hour assistance.
Hoping to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards