“Excellent sophisticated hotel”

Ranked #34 of 427 Hotels in Milan
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent sophisticated hotel”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend trip in Milan. It was beyond my expectation and they really impressed me. What I like the most about the hotel is the attention to details and I hope they keep it that way. The decoration of the room is so Italian, stylish and sophisticated. Even the breakfast lived up to the 'Italian food is great' hype. The staff were friendly and efficient, something I didn't expect from a hotel with that size.

The location of the hotel is not really central but Milan is not a big city anyway. The metro is just short walk from the hotel and Milan Linate airport is about 15 minutes by taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The value for money at this hotel is phenomenal. We stayed here over NYE for 2 nights and very much enjoyed our stay.
Reception and check in was very friendly and efficient. The concierge - straight from a brochure - was extremely helpful and friendly as he showed us to our room and explained where to find things.
Breakfast was great - good selection without any cooked breakfast smells. We ate in the restaurant one evening and were very impressed with the excellent dinner and attentive service. Snacks and drinks at the bar were also great.
The spa is not particularly large and it was busy at times. I can see that there may sometimes be a bit of conflict of interests among guests wanting a relaxing swim versus families entertaining kids in the pool. It is also worth knowing that they insist on everyone wearing bathing caps and will charge heftily for one at the spa reception. In return, the pool and jacuzzi were very clean.
The deluxe room was surprisingly large with enough space for a third bed without cramping the space at all. Our room looked onto the gardens and thus very quiet.
The nightly turn down service was a nice touch.
All in all, a lovely stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Onceinafullmoon,

We are honoured to read all your nice comments about your stay at Grand Visconti Palace, thank you! This type of feed back helps us doing better and better to keep our guests always happy and satisfied!
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards
Antonella Mecrani
Concierge & Guest Relations
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here for business. My room was very claen and comfortable altough not too big. The style of the room was not my taste as I prefer modern rooms but it was tasteful and practucal.
The water in the shower was permanently warm as wished and had enough pressure. (Very important for me)
We had a meeting in the meeting facitilities whjich worked out fine.
Only complaint is the lunch we had as it was served in the wintergarden and temeratures in there were around 0 degree celsius!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Philipp J,

We thank you for your kind feed back about your stay. We are glad you had a good experience. We are sorry for the issue with the Winter garden, unfortunately that day we had a technical problem that has been solved in the shortest terms.

We hope to welcome you back soon and try a warm and cozy meal to our Gourmet Restaurant Al V Piano Gourmet.

Kindest Regards

Antonella Mecrani
Concierge & Guest Relations
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very impressed by this hotel. Friendly and accommodating staff, and lots of little extras - for example, I visited just after Christmas and each day returned to my room to find that a small Panettone had been left there! Room was spacious enough and very elegantly decorated. Breakfast was copious and varied, and the service speedy and helpful. Hotel is a short walk from Lodi T.I.B.B. on Metro line 3, which gets you to the Duomo in about 10 mins. Only minus: Internet is expensive and fre wi-fi/wired connection would have been a bonus, but a small quibble - would certainly return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a 2 day business meeting at this hotel and utilized the meeting rooms, hotel rooms, catering, and car service and was very happy with all of the services provided! The food and staff were fantastic, and all staff from the waiters, to reception, to the concierge were a pleasure to work with and very flexible. Rooms were also fabulous as well. The only complaint I really have was our meeting room was very long and narrow which wasn't ideal for a long meeting, but we were able to get this room last minute once our attendance number kept changing, so I really can't complain since the hotel was so flexible. I highly recommend this hotel for business and personal needs,and look forward to staying there again even for personal reasons.
If you are flying to Milan and want to stay here, I advise to fly in/out of Linate as it is only about a 10 min taxi ride away, Malpesna can be close to a 90 min drive. The central train station was about a 20 min taxi ride.
Cibo and Vino on the same block as the hotel is also a fabulous restaurant!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I participated at a business event at the Grand Visconti over three days. Wonderful hotel, great rooms and fantastic staff...I look forward to my next visit. The conference facilities were extremely good and well organised as was the supplied AV equipment...if I had one concern it is the access to the Internet, this is not great and needs improving..my company will be participating in further events at this hotel during 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TurpieFamily
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

What a lovely Hotel. From the moment we entered the hotel, we were made very welcome by the staff at reception. They gave us all the information we required, when we required it. The rooms were very clean with all modern amenities, as was the rest of the hotel. Plenty of choice for breakfast, but did not try any other meals. Underground to the centre of Milan few minutes’ walk away so everything close and convenient. There was only one very minor fault ‘plastic cups’ for bedroom tea or coffee and powdered milk sachet, which was very surprising for the high standard of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends