Glamour Apartments
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
All reviewsduomo viewwashing machinesplit levelnice apartmentgreat locationthe piazza del duomosofa bedcleaning servicecentral locationshower gelour honeymoonlarge roomtrain stationmarcoplasmaluinidetergent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great location right opposite the Duomo. We are a family of 5 with 3 daughters. The location was perfect for wandering around Milan. Our daughters thought the location was great as it was right in the shopping district. We stayed in the studio apartment which was very large and comfortable, even with a family of 5. We would definitely book the apartment again. Our tip would be to move away from the area surrounding the Duomo for meals. Better to head to the Brera district.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank swissmsgrabs
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were a small group of 7 adults and wanted a central location since we were only staying in Milan for one night (which now I regret as there is much to see in Milan). I don't think you can find such quality lodging, so perfectly located, at the rates offered by Glamour Apartments. Everything else I found close to Il Duomo was either over our budget or older hotels with questionable quality.

Our apartments were on Via Passarella, just 2 blocks behind Il Duomo and truly minutes walking distance to Piazza del Duomo and Galeria Vittorio Emanuele, and next to a wonderful pedestrian street filled with stores and cafes. We had two apartments and they were beautifully decorated, especially the Galle. We also had the Fiorichiari, just a couple of doors down the hall, which was perfect as we were traveling with older relatives. The entrance and the hallways of the building were pleasantly decorated, and it had an elevator.

We didn't get to meet Marco in person, but it was a pleasure dealing with him! Communication via email, cell phones and texts was very good, check-in was easy, and he even shipped me a purse that I had left behind! I received the purse at my Mom's place in Madrid within 2 weeks, and he didn't even charge my credit card for the extra expense. I don't think you can find better service than that!

I was traveling with very experienced travelers, and they were all very happy and satisfied with our stay at the Glamour Apartments. Our only regret was not staying longer. We all used the breakfast vouchers at the cafe just steps from the apartments, the food was good, the coffee was excellent, and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Nothing like having breakfast at a sidewalk cafe in Europe!

The only recommendation I have is that if you are traveling in a large minivan, as we were, try to find the actual length in advance, so you can locate the closest parking beforehand. The building on Via Passarella does have a parking, but the "car elevator" only fits up to a certain length (I think it's 15 ft.) and our minivan was too long. Marco had advised us about the size restrictions, but I didn't get to check in advance, so we had to look for the nearby public parking, which in itself can be an adventure in Italy!

All and all, we recommend Glamour Apartments, and if we are ever back in Milan, that's where we are staying! Thanks for everything Marco!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Viajand011
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The two of us stayed there during our short visit in Milan in June. The apartment has a strategic location which is just opposite of Duomo Milan. As recommended by their reception, we parked the car in a public parking which is less than 10 minute walking.

The apartment is quite spacious. There is one bedroom at the mezzanine, half open with no door to living room at the ground floor. There are two additional beds at the living room at ground floor. One bathroom at the mezzanine for the main bedroom. Another bathroom at the ground floor. Enough size of kitchen. Living room. Dining room. Terrace facing the Duomo (Cathedral) - this is the best spot in town! The view is fantastic! In the evening, the Duomo (Cathedral) is so beautiful and there is always people in the square in front of it.

Upon checking in, we were given a map of the surrounding area. There are mini market, restaurants (including McDonalds) nearby. There is coupon to have breakfast at a place next to this apartment, just go down the stairs and the cafe shop is on the right building.

I'd love to stay at this apartment again -:)

Room Tip: The room facing to the Cathedral is the best view in Milan.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Amazing view of Duomo cathedral from our apartment looking out onto piazza duomo. Nice apartment, well big enough. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The apartment looks nice itself. The view is amazing , this is true. But for the price (quite expensive I thought) I was expecting a good service at least.
The flat is a 4-persons flat but all the beds are in the same room which is the living room so there is absolutely not any intimacy. Well, we were find but I think it's not described well on the hotel description.

I didn't like the fact that for a late check in (after 6pm!) you have to pay 25 additional euros.
I didn't appreciate the fact that the shower was totally clogged up, that the shower head of the bathtub was leaking and so you have no pressure for a shower. I was also really disapointed by the fact that the freezer was totally frozen. The worst part is that we couldn't meet any manager to help us. We called the manager by phone (he didn't even show up) to complain about the shower and it is a cleaning lady who came to us (totally unable to speak english)

We paid a large amount of money for that flat with additional costs that we were not aware of and the service was a pity. It's really a shame to have such a great location, but to be so unable to provide the right service to its customers. The breakfast was ok but nothing really fabulous. Bread butter, orange juice and coffee. that was pretty it.

And the funniest part is that we had been debited twice for that !!! This is incredible. So if you want to stay in Milan, prefer to pay the same amount for a hotel where the service will be nicer!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Nini689
Glamourtrip, Direttore generale at Glamour Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Regarding this guest, a double charge was made by mistake, but as soon as the guest informed us, we've immediately made the refund. We've also asked the guest to confirm so and I think she will doit soon.

The booked apartment is the Open Space and I think is quite clear from the description and the pictures of it, that it does'nt has separate rooms.

A late check-in fee of 25 Euro is required in effect for arrivals after 18.00 hours, but also this information is gived in advance.