“Don't stay here”
Review of Hotel Demo

Hotel Demo
Ranked #310 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I wouldn't stay here again ever.
Upon check-in receptionist was rude and acted like we were bothering her just by wanting to check-in. We needed to have internet access and she was even ruder when she had to go to her little machine to get us the access code (which wasn't like we were asking for free wifi, we were paying for it).
Room she took us too was small and dirty, but at that point we were so far into our trip we didn't care anymore. The room we were at was in another building, with people's real homes living in it. There was a courtyard that our window looked out to and there were kids screaming all night. Luckily we were leaving for France the next day, but it was a bad way to end a trip in Italy. Normally I think you get what you paid for, but I think we paid too much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank e_moshun

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights around the Italian Grand Prix at Monza and was somewhat disappointed when I arrived. For a start the room smelt just awful, a bit like urine. This was made worse when I used the AC, which was unfortunate as day time temperatures during the day would reach 30C! I think I had cockroaches in my room, but only noticed with a night left to go and just couldn't be bothered to kick up a fuss at that point.

Breakfast was free each mornng which was definitely a bonus, and I never had a problem finding space in the foyer. It was quite expensive for a single room, but the location suited my plans.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank miltipello
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel. Our room was big and clean,. The beds were comfortable. The hotel is close to Milano Centrale. There is not much to see in the neighborhood. They charge for the internet connection. The good thing was that we arrived before the check-in time and our room was ready. We were able to leave our languages in the room and start exploring the city. Breakfast is average but what happened to us, on the second morning, before we left, the lady who served breakfast was not there and there was almost nothing to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Megi68
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spend a considerable amount of my time traveling for work. This is probably the worse place I ever visited. My room was squalid, stinky towels, terrible bed, TV not working etc. The people at reception is just incredible: I made a last minute reservation using an iPhone app. For some reason it went wrong and it turned out I reserved two single rooms. No time to realize what happened. Yet they required me to pay for both rooms and also added 15 euros for an embarrassing breakfast. They should run out of business! Probably the only reason allowing them to survive is the flow of one time visitors due to the vicinity of the Hotel to the railway station. Don't go there.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AD_P135
Reviewed August 24, 2013

On arriving, my wife and I were astonished to hear from the receptionist that we booked two twin rooms when in fact we only booked one. We were showed an email stating that we booked two. Be careful when you book online because it may appear twice. The receptionist insisted that we had to pay full for both rooms (9 days stay),Normally no show are charged 1 night only. Is it a GET RICH QUICK attitude. After insisting that it was absolutely unfair that we pay for the other room he phoned the owner who then charged us for 3 nights stay. We had to wait about 10 minutes running water until hot water ran down the tap and the temperature was uncontrollable. Rooms are small. The shower cubical is about 2 x 2 ft. The shower head is fixed. We were asked for 5euros for wifi when in most places it is free. Breakfast is prepacked and very limited and the breakfast area is crowded and small for residents. Otherwise the staff were nice to us and did there job perfectly well.

Room Tip: choose a good room - choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We chose this hotel because it is very close to the train station in Milan. We were only staying for 1 whole day in town and wanted to arrive, drop off bags and go explore. The Shuttle bus (5 euro) for the airport leaves from the station the next morning. The hotel is fine and clean enough for a one night stay. However, they charge 5 euros a day, per device, for WiFi which is just lame nowadays. The showers are so tiny you can barely close the doors. The beds are springy and really uneven. The breakfast is all prepackaged food. I also think that the area around the hotel is a bit sketchy for a woman traveling alone, but most areas around train stations are. For one night, we could deal with it, but the WiFi charge is ridiculous

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roldan L
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was staying in hotel demo with my friend for 2 nights and I would never go back there. We had to wait at least 30 minutes for hot water in the shower!!! the window blinds were broken, so to get to the balcony was challenging. Breakfast was just unacceptable. + we have never tasted such horrible coffee before. One night it was impossible to get a good sleep as other guests were partying in their room. It is sad that hotel staff is too ignorant to care about their guests. The only good thing is that the hotel is located near the central train station, so it was easy to get there, but despite that we had a horrible experience .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends