Used the hotel as an in between apartments moment and not as a turist.
So since I wasn´t in Milan for tourism the main features I needed in a hotel were: a safe and clean place in an also safe neighborhood. And that was basically what I got.
The frontdesk staff is very nice (not sure if, or how well, they speak english. The breakfast staff however isn´t very nice... but it matches the breaksfast served (package tosts, croissants, nutella and jam... basically nothing salty!). The rooms are simple but tidy and cleaned everyday!
The walls were also verrrrry thin... So one night I could hear the person next door snoring!
In terms of location the hotel is 10min (by tram, Niguarda nord stop) from Maciachini metro (yellow line). It´s not very close to the city center but it is a safe area where many milanese live (Niguarda). It also has many restaurants in the area which is always good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Ornato offers excellent value and quality accommodation, with attentive hospitality and service. It is located in the dynamic Bicocca-Niguarda Area close to the new university complex, the Pirelli headquarters and the Arcimboldi Theatre. The Ornato is well connected by public transport: by tram it takes 20 minutes to reach the centre or the central station. All rooms have air conditioning , Internet WI-FI access is available, private parking facilities (charge applies). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Ornato - Gruppo Mini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Alberghiero Ornato Milan
- Centro Alberghiero Ornato Hotel Milan