“Delizioso! Perfetto!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navigli
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I had a wonderful experience in this restaurant. Luca, Luca, and Enrico are very friendly and ensured we had a good lunch experience in their restaurant. The risotto we ordered is perfect. Overall, great restaurant ambiance, great service, really good food, and very affordable. Check out my blog entry here: http://ithinkicamefrommars.blogspot.com/2012/06/milano-ita-la-ricetta-di-mame.html.

1  Thank ithinkicamefrommars

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This restaurant is sooo delish! Very fresh ingredients with a nice menu to choose from.... we highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

On a client visit to Milan I was taken to La Ricetta di Mame' for lunch. I couldn’t have had a better meal.
We began with a selection of Apulian mozzarella and Parmigiana, really incredible. Then I chose the Fassona meat served with sliced potatoes and onions accompanied by a good Italian red wine. The portions were generous and the dishes delicious.
The meeting was a great success and hopefully it won’t be the last because in the coming months I’ll be making a few client visits to Milan and with luck to La Ricetta di Mame.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is one of the more culinarily respectable of the dozens of restaurants around the Navigli. Fantastic atmosphere, excellent food and really excellent attention to customer service. The portions were generous. We starter with a fantastic Home-made aubergine ‘parmigiana’ served with buffalo mozzarella cheese. For first courses: Risotto with smoked scamorza cheese (unfermented soft cheese) and julienne pears , while the very good Meatless ‘Caramelle’ (homemade pasta typical of Piacenza ) is served with carrot cream sauce and ripe ricotta cheese. For a second course, you can try the Tagliata (Grilled beef undercut Mame style with potatoes)or veget. Delicate artichoke flan with cheese cream and candied lemon. Love the place, will go again very soon. Visit you won't regret it, it's worth booking well in adv.

2  Thank laurysmall
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We decided to take a day trip out of Lake Garda to Milan to basically eat food rated highly on Tripadvisor. Yep it's sad but we do that kind of thing. Anyway, the food here started with great promise. Place looks nice, they have a great value menu. Only 14 euros for a primi, secondi, aqua and coffee. primi of risotto started well. It was sweet and salty and generous as a portion size. It fell short of presentation and the wow factor. The secondi was very very disappointing. I had veal with potatoes. I was served diced bits of meat and potatoes with nothing else. It was a shambles. I've had much much better in Milan in the past and I have been eating really much better food this week in Lake Garda. A very disappointing journey I'm afraid. There is only one toilet to share between all customers and the flush doesn't really work. Service is inconsistent and dependent on which waiter you get. They speak English though.

5  Thank kwaichi
luca r, Proprietario at La Ricetta di Mame, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear customer,
there are a few things I would like to point out. You came for lunch, which in cities like Milan, in the great majority of bistros, is meant to be easier than dinner. We intend to always give a careful and fast service. We chose to give great value menus because the plates, although prepared with the same raw materials we use for dinner, are meant to be simpler. We are glad to hear that the risotto you ordered was good, although lacking of the “wow factor”. As main course (“secondo”) you ordered diced veal with potatoes (literally “Straccetti di vitello con patate”) and that is what you got.
The toilet is one because, as you will have seen, the place isn’t very big. The flush actually works, you just have to press the button you find on the right, thing which is explained in the toilet in 3 different languages (English included).
As I said, we try to give the best service we can and I am sorry that you were disappointed by your trip to Milan. Observation and suggestions made by customers are very important and helpful to us. We hope to see you again at La Ricetta di mamé.
Luca