“Good for drinks and snacks”
Review of Ottimomassimo

Ottimomassimo
Ranked #1,790 of 8,269 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
London, United Kingdom
“Good for drinks and snacks”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went twice to this cafe close to the cathedral.First visit was for a cold drink and toasted panini.We thought this was good and away from other poor venues nearby .Second visit was for lunch ie salads and cous cous.These were tiny portions and very dull making it an expensive mistake. There are better options further down the same street but still good for drinks, ice creams and paninis.

• Visited June 2013

Istanbul, Turkey
“Simple, central, easy-going and tasty!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

As several TA reviewers correctly observed, Ottimo Massimo is one of the few places which are so close to Duomo, but still are no tourist traps. You would realize this by the clientele, the majority of which are local Milanese. Especially during lunch time, there are long queues which demonstrate the popularity of the place in a time-honored fashion...

Regarding the food, the panini & tramezzini are very fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. Since Ottimo Massimo is a self-service cafe/restaurant, customers do not have to pay outrageous cover charges (coperto) which is quite infamous in Milan.

My wife and I spent 5 days in Milan this time, and we ended up 3 times at OttimoMassimo for lunch and late afternoon snacks. We liked it, and strongly recommend it

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank gezgin_dromedary
Chicago, Illinois
“Great quick lunch near the Duomo”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were walking around near the Duomo and looking for a place with decent food that wasn't a tourist trap (and we were in need of a bathroom). We stumbled upon this place and it was perfect. I had a proscuitto and parmigiano sandwich and a creme brûlée and my wife had a nice little salad and fruit cup. The interior decor was interesting - it has downstairs seating as well as an upstairs balcony area.

When ringing up our orders, the cashier forgot to give me one of the items I had ordered and when I asked another server about it, she also realized the girl had accidentally charged me an extra euro. So she promptly refunded my money and gave me the item, which was nice. We were pleasantly surprised about how this place, so close to the Duomo could be so great. It looked like it was popular with many of the local business crowd, which is usually a good sign. Highly recommend Ottimo if you're near the Duomo, want good food and not looking to get ripped off.

• Visited September 2012