“Avoid if you can afford it.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Music Hotel

Music Hotel
Ranked #231 of 263 Milan B&B and Inns
Troy, New York
“Avoid if you can afford it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Rooms do not lock and there is no safety box or luggage room. Staff was rude and often asked me for my ID even after me being there several days - and then they couldn't find me in the computer a few times until I showed them where I was on their screen.

2 women who ended up staying in the same room as me told me the staff asked them if they "wanted to party" multiple times while they were alone in the lounge area - despite them replying "no" the first time - would not recommend for women travelers at all.

The cafe/bar consists of one minifridge with a few options.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank James B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was in the hotel for 9 nights and I DON'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. A few reasons:
1. The heating didn't work at all! I was there in January and the temperature was between 0 and 5 degrees. The only thing the did was giving me a little heater, totally useless, after complaining many times. They were never bothered to fix it before I left or even relocating me to a different room.
2. The hot water wasn't working properly either.
3. Internet connection not working at all, I was lucky there was an open wifi network so I could connect to that one, but the hotel wifi never worked!
4. Even though the breakfast is included it is extremely poor and unhealthy.
5. VERY NOISY hotel, I was on the third floor and could hear people talking on the floors below mine.
6. If you decide to book a room with private toilet you need to know that the shared toilet's ventilation is connected to your toilet and, obviously, the smell and noise come straight into your room.
7. Staff very unhelpful.
There are hotels in the city well located and offering better conditions than this at the same price or even cheaper, so DON'T BOOK!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank marta p

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

tvthe first thing that struck me here was that they get angry if you try to speak italian and you are not fluent, "what language you speak" I was asked in a very rude tone.
some of the areas are not part of the hostel and they dont tell you about it until you get to one of those areas, but they dont just tell you, they almost yell at you for being there, the common area is too small and the couch is almost always wet, with just one channel on the TV all the time, I know is called Music Hoste, but one should have the right to watch a movie or the news every now and then, the guy from the desk is beyond rude, and the breakfast is just a tiny portion of packed meals, awful, my advise is too stay there one night only if you cant find elsewhere, and if you do, you'll see I'm not exaggerating.

Room Tip: just a last option, please avoid if possible!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Alejandro P
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Some friends and I booked this hostel, and I say hostel because it is NOT a hotel, for two nights. Upon arrival, we were promptly told our payment had not gone through, and they didn't have our beds for us. We we told the man on reception we had not recieved any calls to notify us of this, he said he had tried contacting us at 7pm, 6 hours after check-in, to let us know. He said if we paid the full amount to him on the spot, he would then aloczate us a different room. So we obliged and paid him the total amount, then he promptly led us to a room right of reception where there were 3 single beds and a double bed. Two of those single beds were already occupied, making there the double bed and one single bed for the four of us to share. Outraged, we demanded our original room or our money back, where he told us the beds were magically broken and still in their boxes and therefore couldn't be used! To his credit, it was clearly the manager pulling the strings, with whom he was having a phone conversation the entire time and requesting guidance. He also allowed us to use his computer to find a lovely cheap little hotel nearby where we paid 7 euros more each for a private bathroom, incredible buffet breakfast and two good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Just don't go!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Leah K
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

There was a misunderstanding with booking and they treat us horrible. Is was really the worst experience with hotels. I will prefer to stay in hostel with a lot of other people than in this hotel. The receptionist is the worst hotel worker ever. I will not recommend you stay here.
The rooms were poor and the toilet is dirty. Breakfast was far of being breakfast.

So one word HORRIBLE.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank tatata8810
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We arrived to a rather unenthusiastic receptionist. We had booked a 7 bed mixed dorm including breakfast. It turned out that we had to pay an extra euro each for breakfast each day - breakfast was only a packaged croissant anyway!
Our room was incredibly small, with 3 bunk beds and a single bed in the middle of the room. It really should have been only a 4 person room. The distance between the beds was no more than a foot. The room had no windows so incredibly smelly and stuffy with no air con. A fan was in the room, but was noisy so got turned off.
The bathroom was very nice, however there was no hot water either day at any time! We met someone staying upstairs who had the kind of room we were expecting (one that was pictured). Her bathroom was worse but had hot water.
The location was just outside the city centre, which could be reached using public transport in 20 minutes. However the are of the hostel is rather undesirable and even the man on reception said it was not safe to walk around at night!
I would recommend you try to find somewhere else to stay. With the tourist tax included (2,50) it was definitely not worth what we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without bunk beds or an upstairs room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Philippa C
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here for one night, and was pretty happy with it. My only problem was finding it, as I got a little lost - the directions from the hotel weren't the best, but I bought a map, and managed to find it eventually.

My room was nice - there was six of us in total - and it was pretty clean. Not heaps of luggage space, but enough. One shared bathroom, but it was clean, and I had no troubles using it when I needed to.

Overall, not too bad a place. I think I would look around next time I am in Milan for somewhere else to stay, but if I didn't have time to research more, then I'd still be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo