“Great first meal in milan”
Review of G.B. Bar

G.B. Bar
Ranked #36 of 8,774 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is the first meal we had in milan, and it was superb! Just simple paninis nothing more nothing less. Fresh bread, superb meats and the best cheese. The service is patient and helpful and they take efforts to expalin to you what each panini is even if you dont speak english. Thumbs up!!! And a must visit for a quick meal even if you have to wait in lines behind hordes of hungry locals.

5  Thank the_moleMumbai

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Checked out trip advisor and saw this place some up so though my girlfriend and I would give it a check out. When there are locals lining up out the door and pretty much doing anything to get something to eat you know it must be good. Both out sandwiches were super fresh, toasted perfectly and heaps of fillings. Good friendly service and great buzzing atmosphere. Definatley head here for lunch even if your on the other side of the city.

3  Thank Rylan_PerthAust
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Went here while on shopping trip in Milan. Weekday lunchtime you'll be shoulder to shoulder queueing with Milanese bankers (all wearing the same Rolex!) but great little sandwich shop with small seating area outside. Sells fresh hot paninis, endless choice of fillings. Good quality affordable lunch stop confirmed by the queue at the door. Fun place to sit with a beer and sandwich watching the locals whizzing by.

2  Thank verdi69
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As many avid tripadvisor users seem to do, I scouted this place out in advance after reading many positive reviews. My friend and I sat outside and waited for service but about seven minutes we realized we had to go inside to order. A few minutes later, the waiter brought us our two breaded chicken cutlet paninos and a couple bottles of water. The bread was delicious, crunchy and fresh, but everything else about the panino was a bit boring. No real vibrancy in flavor for either of us but its possible we just got the wrong order. Despite the bland paninos, the spot is great for people watching and the location is great, only a 5 minute walk from the Duomo. Also we left with full stomachs for only 14 euros; however, I don't believe merely filling the stomach is the goal for many tourists in Italy - it is certainly not mine. In all, I would recommend G.B. Bar with somewhat of a disclaimer. I don't plan on returning but might encourage others to go and try a different panino.

For people using tripadvisor's city guides, the location of G.B. Bar is a bit off. Keep walking past the location on the map and turn right onto Via Hoepli and it will be on your left right next to a juice bar.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

They have a nice cafe, with very friendly & helpful staff...even their online service was great, responding to my email about their opening hours promptly :) the staff were patient enough to explain the different choices to me & were encouraging me to eat my sandwich in one of their outdoor tables, but i enjoyed eating my prosciutto panini while going around the duomo area :)